Lisa III default gain and best batteries?
Nov 18, 2008 at 10:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Anouk

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello, I am wondering if anyone knows what the default gain for the lisa iii is? I am planning to use them with my sa5000 and I want them to drive it to the max. I also wonder what the best batteries are for the lisa, I know that it comes with rechargable batteries but they are only 250mah. I have heard that there are already 500mah 9v batteries rechargables. Are there any ultra low discharge 9v batteries with a capacity of 500mah out there yet?
Thanks in advance,
Greetings, Anouk, available

Nov 18, 2008 at 10:12 PM Post #2 of 7
The default gain for the lisa 3 is 10 but you can ask them to adjust it to your preferable gain when ordering.

The highest capacity for 9V ultra low discharge is so far 200mAh only. CMIIW

As for the 500mAh li-polymer 9V rechageables batteries, you have to take them out to charge it ask they can only be charge by a specific charger. I'm not sure whether can the lisa charge it though as I did not try it.

Nov 18, 2008 at 10:22 PM Post #3 of 7
The Li-poly require a special charger. I am not sure if I would use them because if you forget and use external power there will be an attempt to charge them by the circuit.

Nov 19, 2008 at 2:47 AM Post #4 of 7
Hello, thanks for the replies.
I was not planning to buy the lisa power supply because I think its cheaper to buy an external charger. I want the normal lisa, not the xp version. The xp version is just too big, and since it takes 8 hours to charge a 250mah battery i htought an external charger might be faster.
A pity that ultra low discharge batteries dont yet have higher capacities though.
Thanks,
Greetings, Anouk,

Nov 20, 2008 at 6:39 AM Post #5 of 7
Hello Everyone, I have got another question fo ryou Lisa knowledgables. I was thinking of buying the standard lisa without psu, BUT does the lisa get more power when connected to its psu? Like 24 volt instead of 16 volt? Also does the psu know when the battery is full/stop charging at that time? And, lastly does the psu work when there are no batteries in the lisa. Oh ye sis the psu auto sensing or are there different versions for different countries?
Thanks in advance for any information,
Greetings, Anouk,

Nov 20, 2008 at 8:09 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anouk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello Everyone, I have got another question fo ryou Lisa knowledgables. I was thinking of buying the standard lisa without psu, BUT does the lisa get more power when connected to its psu? Like 24 volt instead of 16 volt? Also does the psu know when the battery is full/stop charging at that time? And, lastly does the psu work when there are no batteries in the lisa. Oh ye sis the psu auto sensing or are there different versions for different countries?
Thanks in advance for any information,
Greetings, Anouk,

The PSU comes with 2 internal jumper inside it, 110V and 220V. You can open it up and switch it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back