LISA III Available for Order
Nov 9, 2008 at 4:38 AM Post #916 of 1,070
Remitron, is it possible to get a new Sexy Silver case for a normal Lisa 3 from you? My screws are very loose and sometimes they fall off.

Nov 9, 2008 at 11:42 PM Post #918 of 1,070
Quote:

Originally Posted by Capunk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have this problem since the day I receive my Lisa XP (Last batch before the new one out, I guess?), does this a defect amp all of this time?
Is it still possible to get it fixed? I've been enduring the noise everytime I touch the amp.

As Triad A expands we have made it to Australia! Did You go to the recent
Sydney meet? Steven Kelby Demo'ed the new Lisa Sets for everyone!! Steve does some DIY stuff He put a mini input in the front plate of an older Lisa XP !!!!
Pic on the thread! So we hope to have steve K do some tec work for us there
in Aussieland, saving time & $. Capunk: e-mail me . we will make arrangements
non conductive Knobs would also work

Nov 9, 2008 at 11:59 PM Post #919 of 1,070
Quote:

Originally Posted by Remitrom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sydney meet? Steven Kelby Demo'ed the new Lisa Sets for everyone!! Steve does some DIY stuff He put a mini input in the front plate of an older Lisa XP !!!!

You guys should include a mini input somewhere on the amp as well.
biggrin.gif
Still tempted by the Lisa as my uni rig. It's just so freakin' good!

Nov 10, 2008 at 12:02 AM Post #920 of 1,070
Hmmm....this is tough! VERY tempting to make the move up to the Lisa III. The new look is great as well...and there is no debating the quality of sound, and quality of service from you guys at Triad Audio.

I'm stuck because for a portable...it only accepts 1/4 plugs...which most portable headphones are mini. I have a pair of ALO modded 780s that are terminated to a mini...that I am sure I could have changed by Ken...but my LiveWires would need an adapter.

The other difficult choice would be to get the standard vs. the XP. LOVE the idea of 80 hours or so of play back...and the size of the Lisa III in general does not bother me...but the XP may be a bit too bulky. TOUCH CALL!

RIDE

Nov 10, 2008 at 12:26 AM Post #921 of 1,070
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkkopi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Remitron, is it possible to get a new Sexy Silver case for a normal Lisa 3 from you? My screws are very loose and sometimes they fall off.

The Faces are attached with steel screws to the aluminum cases. So the case
screw holes will strip with use. (so we recommend Not opening unnecessarily)
We have gone to longer screws (6/32 X1/2") with the new face plates.

We could sell you all the face-plates, screws, wrenches, knobs, & case..
So you could have the New Look with your original Lisa III
However you could sell yours (with new longer screws) used with slight discount, and purchase a Brand new LISA III, for the same money.
Lisa does hold her value and used ones are sold fast, although some used
Lisa's have been abused by improper power supply and are DOA.. rare,
but it has happened, & can be fixed.
Whatever you want. Make your own world....Brad

Nov 10, 2008 at 1:01 AM Post #922 of 1,070
Quote:

Originally Posted by RIDE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmm....this is tough! VERY tempting to make the move up to the Lisa III. The new look is great as well...and there is no debating the quality of sound, and quality of service from you guys at Triad Audio.

Remember to get a set including the LLP.. The power supply is very important
piece of the system.. I know , for the price of a Lisa/LLP set you can
purchase three other portable amps. But ,HOW MAnY CAN YOU LISTEN to at ONE Time??

I'm stuck because for a portable...it only accepts 1/4 plugs...which most portable headphones are mini. I have a pair of ALO modded 780s that are terminated to a mini...that I am sure I could have changed by Ken...but my LiveWires would need an adapter.

The surface area that makes contact is so small on mini's, that this becomes
the weak link, and PPL resists using them, I find a 1/4 to mini adapter,with a
90 degree bend works well.

The other difficult choice would be to get the standard vs. the XP. LOVE the idea of 80 hours or so of play back...and the size of the Lisa III in general does not bother me...but the XP may be a bit too bulky. TOUCH CALL!

RIDE

Ya tough choice, Get the set with LLP & ??

Nov 10, 2008 at 7:22 AM Post #924 of 1,070
Quote:

Originally Posted by RIDE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're killing me!!! :)

RIDE

heheehe,, and soon we will offer cables special made for Lisa

and watch for the "Head-Code" & "Valve-Code"
Home amps with Cass-coded circuits,* to amplify weak signals while , keeping noise to a minimum *used 1st in radar tecnology
wink_face.gif

Nov 10, 2008 at 11:43 PM Post #925 of 1,070
Quote:

Originally Posted by Remitrom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's great to know!
I have a good relationship with Steven Kelby, he's my favorite cable-maker
biggrin.gif

I'm gonna send you a message later on, hopefully everything will run smoothly now
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 14, 2008 at 4:51 AM Post #926 of 1,070
Okay, after a bit of burning in, the original Lisa circa Nov. 07 still sounds more analytical and the new one circa late Oct 08 sounds tubier and more musical to me(more smooth and warm). I like the newer one better and the updated style is great but I am sure there are those who may like the older edition better, depending on taste. Both are wonderful, just a difference a/bing next to each other with in the Lisa range. Well, off to box the old set up. Thanks again Brad, I will get these off to you in a day or two-- Dave

Dec 17, 2008 at 7:04 AM Post #927 of 1,070
website down?

Dec 27, 2008 at 7:58 AM Post #930 of 1,070
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadLover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am going to get mine soon
smily_headphones1.gif

Thinking about the LISA III XP with the PSU and putting some extra gain and bias

I will be using it with the HD650

What do you think of it guys ??

In my experience, the default gain setting is already enough even for cans like the HD650. You get good volume at 10 o'clock. If I can go back in time, I would proper ask for a lower gain.

F. Lo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back