Liquid Platinum Tube Rollers.
Mar 27, 2020 at 11:03 AM Post #646 of 1,802
trusted seller but $315
+1 for seller being great - bought from that seller before and had a good experience!
For $315 - I will leave those to someone else... :wink:

Mar 28, 2020 at 5:52 AM Post #648 of 1,802
+1 for seller being great - bought from that seller before and had a good experience!
For $315 - I will leave those to someone else... :wink:
That is a good deal for a pair, that have been tested for noise as well. If I did not just buy another Hamburg Square Getter from the same seller, I would be all over that pair.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2020 at 6:07 AM Post #649 of 1,802
The Sylvania 6922 d getters are totally burned in. I spent all day yesterday listening with my, Gumby > Liquid Platinum with Sylvania d Getters 63' > ZMF Aelous, and this system synergy is the best I have ever heard. Listening with this system transports you inside the music and puts you right there with the musicians. Truly a magical experience.

Happy rolling and listening in these crazy times!

Wes

Mar 29, 2020 at 8:00 AM Post #650 of 1,802
Nice man! Glad the GE worked out for you, and I really look forward to hearing your impressions of how the Sylvania 6922 compares when you get them.

So I have to come clean I was not on here at all the past 24 hours because m Sylvania 6922 came two days early without me knowing until it arrived.. And it sounds great! Much of what Wes said I would have to agree with was an accurate description, great powerful low end, clean and present midrange, treble is detailed and quick. Really liking them so far.

Mar 29, 2020 at 8:15 AM Post #651 of 1,802
So I have to come clean I was not on here at all the past 24 hours because m Sylvania 6922 came two days early without me knowing until it arrived.. And it sounds great! Much of what Wes said I would have to agree with was an accurate description, great powerful low end, clean and present midrange, treble is detailed and quick. Really liking them so far.
Forgot to ask, did you discuss the non Coronavirus coating on the tubes? It's ok if you did not get it, as long as the tubes were not warmed up in any way. Again sorry about that!

Mar 29, 2020 at 9:23 AM Post #652 of 1,802
Glad you got those tubes and are diggin them! I can't get enough of these Sylvania D Getters. They are perfection, for my taste. My Aelous are now hooked up to the LP, and won't be going back to my Bottlehead Crack anytime soon.

Mar 29, 2020 at 9:26 AM Post #653 of 1,802
Forgot to ask, did you discuss the non Coronavirus coating on the tubes? It's ok if you did not get it, as long as the tubes were not warmed up in any way. Again sorry about that!
That's why I always were rubber gloves when rolling. :wink: Seriously though, I do wear those black rubber disposable mechanics gloves because of the better grip, and now they serve multiple purposes.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2020 at 5:22 PM Post #654 of 1,802
That's why I always were rubber gloves when rolling. :wink: Seriously though, I do wear those black rubber disposable mechanics gloves because of the better grip, and now they serve multiple purposes.
Interesting... I was considering white gloves, silk or whatever, to help keep tubes clean. Glass and pins alike.
I am curious - what do others do? Anyone uses non-rubber gloves?

Mar 30, 2020 at 5:04 AM Post #655 of 1,802
Interesting... I was considering white gloves, silk or whatever, to help keep tubes clean. Glass and pins alike.
I am curious - what do others do? Anyone uses non-rubber gloves?
The disposable gloves keep everything clean as well, with no smudges from sweaty hands on amp or tubes.

Apr 2, 2020 at 9:22 PM Post #656 of 1,802
D988-D5-F3-3493-45-A3-A9-DD-F909-B1-F2-AD89.jpg

My first ever tube purchase arrived the other day, a pair of 6DJ8 ‘59 Bugleboy D getters.

They were listed as “used but test as new” so I’m not sure how much burn-in they’ll need but that’s currently in progress. At this point I already like how they sound in the LP; definitely an improvement over the stock tubes which are admittedly my only frame of reference. Better bass was the first thing that stood out.

Apr 3, 2020 at 3:46 PM Post #657 of 1,802
D988-D5-F3-3493-45-A3-A9-DD-F909-B1-F2-AD89.jpg

My first ever tube purchase arrived the other day, a pair of 6DJ8 ‘59 Bugleboy D getters.

They were listed as “used but test as new” so I’m not sure how much burn-in they’ll need but that’s currently in progress. At this point I already like how they sound in the LP; definitely an improvement over the stock tubes which are admittedly my only frame of reference. Better bass was the first thing that stood out.
Those are excellent tubes, though the D getter Heerlen ECC82 is noticeably better. If you don't want to run adapter tubes not many tubes better than the D getter ECC88 for the LP.

Apr 4, 2020 at 8:32 AM Post #658 of 1,802
Sad news to report, my LP died on me this morning. :cry: I was happily jamming out, and it just turned off, and wont come back on. The light on the power supply is green, but the LP won't come on at all. Time to see how an exchange goes with Monoprice.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2020 at 10:19 AM Post #660 of 1,802

Users who are viewing this thread

Back