Liquid Platinum Tube Rollers.
Mar 25, 2020 at 11:36 AM Post #631 of 1,802
There's a pair for 80 shipped from good seller. Not 100% sure if this is what you want. Get clarification first.
I think he was talking about the E188CC from Heerlen. I almost bought that pair of Sylvania 6922 D Getters from that seller for $80 if that is what you are referring to, but found a better testing matched pair from another great seller.

Mar 25, 2020 at 11:53 AM Post #633 of 1,802
I thought he was talking about the Sylvania 6922.
I am not so sure now, but I prefer the Sylvania myself.

Mar 25, 2020 at 11:56 AM Post #634 of 1,802
@WhiskeyJacks - Just so I give you the correct info, which tube are you asking about? The Philips Miniwatt E188CC or the Sylvania 6922 D Getter? I have pairs of both, from 63'.

Mar 25, 2020 at 12:26 PM Post #635 of 1,802
@WhiskeyJacks - Just so I give you the correct info, which tube are you asking about? The Philips Miniwatt E188CC or the Sylvania 6922 D Getter? I have pairs of both, from 63'.
I believe you said the phillips miniwatt was your favorite right? that was the one I was mentioning. I am just looking for for a pair of tubes that very good I went to buy the ones on tubemonger, the Mullard CV3986 6021 - 1975 MINT with the 6922 adapter pre installed, but I was short for a paired set.

Mar 25, 2020 at 1:31 PM Post #636 of 1,802
I believe you said the phillips miniwatt was your favorite right? that was the one I was mentioning. I am just looking for for a pair of tubes that very good I went to buy the ones on tubemonger, the Mullard CV3986 6021 - 1975 MINT with the 6922 adapter pre installed, but I was short for a paired set.
The Miniwatt E188CC are killer tubes, but I just discovered that I like the Sylvania 6922 D Getter even more. Both tubes are really good, but the Sylvania are a bit better and cheaper too.

Mar 25, 2020 at 8:05 PM Post #637 of 1,802
The Miniwatt E188CC are killer tubes, but I just discovered that I like the Sylvania 6922 D Getter even more. Both tubes are really good, but the Sylvania are a bit better and cheaper too.
If you find or see another listing of the Sylvania d getter's will you post it to me, I looked around but I am not finding any d getter versions and i am not sure what color the label should be or if it matters in this particular instance(I am sure there are some sonic differences between different getter/labels/micas etc.)

EDIT: I am such a scrub when it comes to browsing pages, I totally skipped page 42 so there were parts of the conversation between you guys where i was like wha!? Where am in this dialogue lol. I got the link for the 6922 Sylvania and the horseshoe getters that is actually I seller I was watching from when I first was buying tubes lol.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2020 at 6:56 AM Post #638 of 1,802
If you find or see another listing of the Sylvania d getter's will you post it to me, I looked around but I am not finding any d getter versions and i am not sure what color the label should be or if it matters in this particular instance(I am sure there are some sonic differences between different getter/labels/micas etc.)

EDIT: I am such a scrub when it comes to browsing pages, I totally skipped page 42 so there were parts of the conversation between you guys where i was like wha!? Where am in this dialogue lol. I got the link for the 6922 Sylvania and the horseshoe getters that is actually I seller I was watching from when I first was buying tubes lol.
This is the pair we were talking about.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/324108518417

Mar 26, 2020 at 7:04 AM Post #639 of 1,802
To all,

I highly recommend the Sylvania 6922 D Getter for the LP. This tube has it all, and the first thing, is the bass is the deepest and strongest I have heard with the LP, but it is not bloated at all. Next the mids have some lower warmth contrasted by amazing clarity in the upper portion. The vocals with this tube, are incredible. The vocals are forward and intimate, and sound so freakin real it is amazing. I was listening to Jeff Buckley last night, and I have never heard his voice sound so real and personal. It was like having my own private concert with Jeff, and if anyone is a fan of Jeff Buckley you know how amazing that guy's voice is. The highs are very well extended and never harsh or fatiguing at all. The soundstage is big and wide, with the width being a bit further than depth. The Sylvania 6922 D Getter is a perfect tube in the LP, with no weaknesses.

Compared to the Brimar CV2492 the Sylvania has stronger bass, and is a bit more organic sounding while still being more detailed. The Sylvania has the Brimar beat in all regards.

Compared to the Philips Miniwatt E188CC Heerlen 63', the Sylvania has even better, stronger deeper and tighter bass, and less warmth in the mids, and better clarity. Also, the upper mids and highs, are way more controlled on the Sylvania, which make the Miniwatt sound shouty in comparison.

Overall the Sylvania is a winner, and for the money can not be beat. The bass is huge and the treble is perfection, and this contrast between warmth down low, and clarity and detail up top, makes for a very fun listen.

Here is my pair of Sylvania 6922 D Getter 63'

Capt.PNG

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2020 at 10:03 AM Post #640 of 1,802
To all,

I highly recommend the Sylvania 6922 D Getter for the LP. This tube has it all, and the first thing, is the bass is the deepest and strongest I have heard with the LP, but it is not bloated at all. Next the mids have some lower warmth contrasted by amazing clarity in the upper portion. The vocals with this tube, are incredible. The vocals are forward and intimate, and sound so freakin real it is amazing. I was listening to Jeff Buckley last night, and I have never heard his voice sound so real and personal. It was like having my own private concert with Jeff, and if anyone is a fan of Jeff Buckley you know how amazing that guy's voice is. The highs are very well extended and never harsh or fatiguing at all. The soundstage is big and wide, with the width being a bit further than depth. The Sylvania 6922 D Getter is a perfect tube in the LP, with no weaknesses.

Compared to the Brimar CV2492 the Sylvania has stronger bass, and is a bit more organic sounding while still being more detailed. The Sylvania has the Brimar beat in all regards.

Compared to the Philips Miniwatt E188CC Heerlen 63', the Sylvania has even better, stronger deeper and tighter bass, and less warmth in the mids, and better clarity. Also, the upper mids and highs, are way more controlled on the Sylvania, which make the Miniwatt sound shouty in comparison.

Overall the Sylvania is a winner, and for the money can not be beat. The bass is huge and the treble is perfection, and this contrast between warmth down low, and clarity and detail up top, makes for a very fun listen.

Here is my pair of Sylvania 6922 D Getter 63'

Capt.PNG

Thanks for sharing this; it definitely sounds very appealing. If @WhiskeyJacks doesn‘t want the pair in the link you shared above I think I’ll go for it. Otherwise I’ll start keeping a lookout.

Mar 26, 2020 at 10:15 AM Post #641 of 1,802
You are most welcome! Happy hunting!

Mar 26, 2020 at 11:25 AM Post #643 of 1,802
OK who stole these Sylvanias from me when I clearly called dibs on page 50 of this thread! :ksc75smile:

Oh snap, now I am a scrub and a thief, my apologies. I went ahead and purchased them this morning.

Also, to Wes the GE JG 5670 w tubes with the three mica's and D getter are definitely a pleasant surprise for their price point. They are the white labeled version, and at first I head a bit of husshh--when first turning the tube on before playing anything. Well that is gone, and I am happy with presentation, neutral but a bit mid forward with a good balance of treble and bass, neither being too much. I am going to give them more time to listen and burn in and give a better comparison between the other tubes.

Mar 26, 2020 at 11:59 AM Post #644 of 1,802
Oh snap, now I am a scrub and a thief, my apologies. I went ahead and purchased them this morning.

Also, to Wes the GE JG 5670 w tubes with the three mica's and D getter are definitely a pleasant surprise for their price point. They are the white labeled version, and at first I head a bit of husshh--when first turning the tube on before playing anything. Well that is gone, and I am happy with presentation, neutral but a bit mid forward with a good balance of treble and bass, neither being too much. I am going to give them more time to listen and burn in and give a better comparison between the other tubes.
Nice man! Glad the GE worked out for you, and I really look forward to hearing your impressions of how the Sylvania 6922 compares when you get them.

Mar 27, 2020 at 9:55 AM Post #645 of 1,802

Users who are viewing this thread

Back