Liquid Gold - 2014
Jan 23, 2014 at 6:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 808

runeight

Member of the Trade: Cavalli Audio
Hello everyone. Since the original LAu thread has been locked, I'm starting a new one.

First, many thanks to Jude and his team for the video:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/701983/cavalli-audio-liquid-gold-with-abyss-ab-1266-head-fi-tv

Thanks for the appreciation of the LAu.

Also, Cavalli Audio is still evolving. Over the next month I will have more to say about this.

Feb 1, 2014 at 7:16 PM Post #2 of 808
Hello folks. We're going to run some great meet specials for the Bay Area meet coming up on Feb 16. Please see here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/693497/official-2014-bay-area-meet-sunday-feb-16th-2014#post_10034851

and here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/693497/official-2014-bay-area-meet-sunday-feb-16th-2014/195#post_10227274

Looking forward to see some of you there.
smile.gif

Feb 4, 2014 at 8:20 PM Post #3 of 808
In case any of you haven't seen this. This a great deal on a great amp.

Quote:
  Announcement...

Cavalli Audio is extending to our meet the following (Meet Only) Specials:
  1. 40% off of the Liquid Gold! - $6450 will be down to $3950
  2. 25% off of the Liquid Glass! - $3950 will be down to $2950

Details: 
  • Come to the meet, fill out a form with your name, email address, phone number, & amp you want.
  • Pay for amp within 7 days (valid until midnight the following Sunday, 2/23/2014). 
  • Amps will ship within 4 weeks of the meet.

Watch Jude's video review of the Liquid Gold here.

Liquid Gold:

Liquid Glass:

Feb 4, 2014 at 9:32 PM Post #5 of 808
Awesome discount! Great sounding pair of amps!

Mr Speakers sometimes carries the LG(lass) to demos with his Alpa Dogs, and the amp did a wonderful job w them (understatement). Furthermore, say whatever about the Abyss looks, they sounded awesome out of the LAu (Liquid Gold).

Feb 4, 2014 at 10:57 PM Post #6 of 808
So glad to be going to the SF Bay Area meet! Really excited to hear these special amps myself. 

Feb 7, 2014 at 1:10 AM Post #10 of 808
ah man!...please don't add to the temptation

At full price, it surpassed my expectations. I would be surprised if the Pinnacle proves to be a better headphone amp (but may be a better pre amp). And to my ears, it is streets ahead of the Bakoon amp - which is the in region of the reduced price. This is a no-brainer.

Feb 25, 2014 at 8:10 PM Post #11 of 808
Hello folks. As many of you know I had some meet specials at the recent Bay Area meet (what great meet this was). There were many emails asking about this special, many from individuals who could not attend the meet.

As a result, we are going to continue this special, starting today, for the remaining units in the current Liquid Glass and Liquid Gold Spring production runs or June 15, whichever comes first.

After all of the emails that I received from so many of you I felt that I wanted to make these great amps accessible as best I possibly could.

New prices are:

Liquid Glass - $2950
Liquid Gold - $3950

Also, for those who have interest in Liquid Glass, we probably won't schedule another production run for a while. Liquid Glass is a complicated amp to build and a specialty item for those who really want to roll lots of tubes. It also happens to be a great sounding amp!! if you are interested in Liquid Glass, now would be a good time to grab one.
smile.gif

Feb 26, 2014 at 12:08 AM Post #12 of 808
The table was PACKED at the SF Bay Area meet. Man oh man is this a good deal! I'm super excited that this can be offered to folks who couldn't join us locally.

The Abyss + LAu combo blew me away. I'm seriously rethinking my setup.

Feb 26, 2014 at 9:22 AM Post #13 of 808
Great deal for sure!  Almost a steal!    But OUCH for the early adopters who ever try to sell!  
deadhorse.gif

That kind of drop would sure piss me off. Makes you wonder where the real price should have been all along.

Feb 26, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #14 of 808
  Great deal for sure!  Almost a steal!    But OUCH for the early adopters who ever try to sell!  
deadhorse.gif

That kind of drop would sure piss me off. Makes you wonder where the real price should have been all along.

Or maybe you should learn about how distribution and dealer models work AND realize that this is something special for the Head-Fi community.

You know, you could focus on the fact that Alex's message is awesome:
  Hello folks. As many of you know I had some meet specials at the recent Bay Area meet (what great meet this was). There were many emails asking about this special, many from individuals who could not attend the meet.

As a result, we are going to continue this special, starting today, for the remaining units in the current Liquid Glass and Liquid Gold Spring production runs or June 15, whichever comes first.

After all of the emails that I received from so many of you I felt that I wanted to make these great amps accessible as best I possibly could.

This is a finite deal and it sounds like this is it for the Liquid Glass for a while. I'd jump while you can. Who the heck else sees a lot of interest in a crazy deal specifically for an event then extends it out to make it available to everyone?!? I've gotten a bunch of meet specials in my life but I've never seen them extend outside of that context because people there was such interest outside of the meet.

Feb 26, 2014 at 2:40 PM Post #15 of 808
I was one of the first people to buy a Liquid Gold after hearing a demo of it.

Am I upset over the sale? Nope.

Being an early adopter potentially means missing out on later deals, and I understood this going into it. Rather than fuming over what I feel I've missed or what I feel I'm owed, I instead choose to focus on what I've gained: I've had many months of pleasure listening to my setup, thanks in large part to the LAu.

Meet deals are common place in this industry, and I think it was nice of Alex to extend the sale to folks who couldn't make it to the meet in person. I'm happy for future owners who will get a deal on the LAu, what I feel to be a truly stellar amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back