Liquid Gold - 2014
Mar 27, 2018 at 10:04 PM Post #752 of 808
Thanks a lot, Jason. Now that Cavalli has closed up shop and all their warranties have expired/been taken over by their business partner(but for pay), receiving a qualified one from a trust worthy shop is even more important than before.

Apr 1, 2018 at 10:15 PM Post #755 of 808
I love the turn-on sequence. Haha, even if it all turned out to be just a farce and for show, I love that the amp readies itself in a few stages and that there are visual indicators for the operational status.

Man, rereading the last 10 pages or so last night killed me. There was so much to look forward to about the Liquid Tungsten and the short talk by Warren about even a one off, fully balanced version~ And now it's' all for the history books. Sad.

Did any assembled LWs ever make it out? Like does anyone know of any that are floating around or in someone's private collection? It did totally look Dart Vader'y, but it was cool looking. It had presence.

Though only related in that it uses tubes, I'm looking at the Cayin HA-300 lately as a possible tube amp to compliment my solid state setup. Any idea what might have been comparable to the LW, great build quality, and is purchase'able? (unlike the LW)

Aug 13, 2018 at 7:22 AM Post #756 of 808
Is there a way to put the LAu back in standby mode? After I turn it on in the front, I cannot turn it back off with the front button when I'm done with it and I have to shut it off from the back. Is that normal?

Aug 13, 2018 at 9:14 AM Post #757 of 808
The power button on the front panel should turn the amp on and off, The button is a piezo switch and takes some pressure to work. Sometimes owners think it is a contact switch and just touch it, which is not enough to fire the switch. You may know this already, but I thought I should mention it.

To get enough pressure, you can try to grab the front panel with your fingers behind the panel at the left edge and use your thumb.

If you can't make it work right, you might have to send to Avenson for checking out.

Aug 13, 2018 at 9:35 AM Post #758 of 808
The power button on the front panel should turn the amp on and off, The button is a piezo switch and takes some pressure to work. Sometimes owners think it is a contact switch and just touch it, which is not enough to fire the switch. You may know this already, but I thought I should mention it.

To get enough pressure, you can try to grab the front panel with your fingers behind the panel at the left edge and use your thumb.

If you can't make it work right, you might have to send to Avenson for checking out.

Yes, I know about the pressure. It turns on but not off. I bought it from a 2nd owner and it seems he was under the impression that's just how it operated and since you couldn't turn it off in the front then the back had to be turned off.

Aug 13, 2018 at 10:16 PM Post #760 of 808
I baby my Liquid Gold and use it on occasions I need to hear the music in its most pristine playback. But I need to find a good repair shop for when entropy raises its ugly head and try to claim one of my beloved Cavalli amps. Myfavorite Cavalli amp is still the liquid Glass, although Have not rolled enough tubes and the glass has a noisy background for my Audeze iSine 20 and LCD i4.

Aug 13, 2018 at 11:50 PM Post #761 of 808
I baby my Liquid Gold and use it on occasions I need to hear the music in its most pristine playback. But I need to find a good repair shop for when entropy raises its ugly head and try to claim one of my beloved Cavalli amps. Myfavorite Cavalli amp is still the liquid Glass, although Have not rolled enough tubes and the glass has a noisy background for my Audeze iSine 20 and LCD i4.

Avenson Audio in Texas is the only authorized Cavalli repair shop, they charge 70/hr.

Nov 21, 2019 at 12:07 AM Post #762 of 808
Anyone stack their DAC (or equivalent) above their amp? I have a Hugo TT (not the TT2) on a different shelf but would like to compact things a bit due to limited space.

I don't know if 3-5" of spacers between them would do it since the manual recommends 10" above the amp. One of the local shops here uses HRS Nimbus as spacers but they're only 2" tall and not cheap.

There wouldn't be anything above the amp/Hugo stack, or to the sides.

Any ideas? Or is this just awful and I should stick to separate shelves, space constraints be damned?

Nov 21, 2019 at 12:23 AM Post #763 of 808
Simply to much heat for my taste to stack.

Nov 21, 2019 at 6:34 PM Post #764 of 808
Anyone stack their DAC (or equivalent) above their amp? I have a Hugo TT (not the TT2) on a different shelf but would like to compact things a bit due to limited space.

I don't know if 3-5" of spacers between them would do it since the manual recommends 10" above the amp. One of the local shops here uses HRS Nimbus as spacers but they're only 2" tall and not cheap.

There wouldn't be anything above the amp/Hugo stack, or to the sides.

Any ideas? Or is this just awful and I should stick to separate shelves, space constraints be damned?

as long as you’re putting them in a well ventilated location it’s fine. Don’t put anything that gets hot to the touch in the same stack.

The Source AV TSAVJason Stay updated on The Source AV at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com./pages/The-Source-AV-Design-Group/153623164648713 http://www.twitter.com/TheSourceAV http://www.instagram.com/Thesourceavdesign http://thesourceav.com/ Products@TheSourceAV.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back