Linum update and the new Linum Super BaX on tour
Mar 25, 2017 at 8:27 PM Post #77 of 194
I haven't received the cable yet, I was emailed by Linux asking for info and I responded at the time but nothing has come of it. I have never heard any good cables and would really appreciate the opportunity, my reviews speak for themselves. I also applied pretty early in the process.

Mar 25, 2017 at 9:40 PM Post #78 of 194
I haven't received the cable yet, I was emailed by Linux asking for info and I responded at the time but nothing has come of it. I have never heard any good cables and would really appreciate the opportunity, my reviews speak for themselves. I also applied pretty early in the process.
Have patience, the person before you still has to finish their time with the cable and then ship it to you and they might end up purchasing it at the discounted price that they at least offered to me, so it might take a little longer than you'd like it to. I don't know of a single tour that didn't have delays.

Mar 27, 2017 at 11:18 AM Post #79 of 194
Have patience, the person before you still has to finish their time with the cable and then ship it to you and they might end up purchasing it at the discounted price that they at least offered to me, so it might take a little longer than you'd like it to. I don't know of a single tour that didn't have delays.

Ah ok. No problem! Just making sure things are still going on!

Mar 31, 2017 at 5:10 AM Post #81 of 194
I've listened to these cables (2-pin) for a full week now and can say without reservation that they are a massive improvement on the already good Linum BaX. I also compared the cable with a Moon Audio Silver Dragon purchased to replace the supplied cable with a pair of JH Audio 16 Pros and what I immediately noticed was sharper definition, better separation of the instruments on a wide variety of music from indie to jazz and back to heavy rock. This was also accompanied by tauter, cleaner and deeper bass. 

I also used the cables on an AK380/Chord Hugo combo, listening to 24/192 hi-res FLAC files and the sound was magnificent and, dare I say it, presented an almost vinyl-like warmth.

So impressed I bought the cable!

Mar 31, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #84 of 194
Fwiw I'm still working on writing my review, but I was also impressed. Not only an improvement in sound, but I absolutely love the feel and ergonomics. It pretty much disappears.

Mar 31, 2017 at 3:58 PM Post #85 of 194
I'm having a friend of mine reterminate it with the new 4.4mm trrrs for Sony's new daps

Mar 31, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #86 of 194
I'm having a friend of mine reterminate it with the new 4.4mm trrrs for Sony's new daps
This is what I'd like a reliable second confirmation about.
I recall that a Linum representative had said in a reply to a question from a fellow headfier asking if the SuperBaX had 0.75ohm on each conductor which was yes.
So that means we don't have to wait for a SuperBaX Balannced cable since the SuperBaX had 4 conductors already so I could just but one and a 4.4 plug of my choice for retermination right?

Mar 31, 2017 at 4:37 PM Post #87 of 194
This is what I'd like a reliable second confirmation about.
I recall that a Linum representative had said in a reply to a question from a fellow headfier asking if the SuperBaX had 0.75ohm on each conductor which was yes.
So that means we don't have to wait for a SuperBaX Balannced cable since the SuperBaX had 4 conductors already so I could just but one and a 4.4 plug of my choice for retermination right?

That's what I'm having done. I e-mailed them and asked if it was possible to do this and the reply was that since the individual fibers are twisted nicely into bundles it should be easy to reterminate. Just to make sure that the fibres in the centre are securely lodged in glue as if not the cable looses strenght and could break easily

Apr 5, 2017 at 6:52 PM Post #89 of 194
Pinky's time with the Super BaX has begun.

So far, I am mighty impressed by the ergonomics and comfort of this cable.It is so light, soft, and pliable. I don't know how they did it.

Apr 5, 2017 at 6:57 PM Post #90 of 194
Pinky's time with the Super BaX has begun.

So far, I am mighty impressed by the ergonomics and comfort of this cable.It is so light, soft, and pliable. I don't know how they did it.
Wow, nice photo. I still need to post my review, but I need to do it from my desktop computer, I'm primarily a mobile user.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back