Line out quality on Iriver IMP350
Oct 31, 2002 at 7:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Tachyon

New Head-Fier
Well, I just found out the release date for IMP400 was YESTERDAY. So I will be picking up one this weekend. Waited a while and no one really have a good report on he Panasonice CT-800 (except for Tina's). So Iwill take the IMP400 instead.

Judging by the spec, the lineouts are probably identical to the IMP350. Just wondering if the quality is "up to par" with you audiophiles here. Say compare to...??? CT-570?

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Oct 31, 2002 at 8:36 AM Post #2 of 3
Hi,
I have the slimx and I don't really think your IR400 will have a true line out. Line out has a fix amount of volume and gain, well but not on the my slimx. I will let you know about the sound quality after I finished my tests tomorrow.

Purk

Nov 1, 2002 at 1:17 AM Post #3 of 3
There has been some speculation in other threads that the volume control on the IMP350's line out might be digital. In other words, that it works by digitally scaling the audio samples before they hit the DAC, not by adjusting an analog gain stage. This means that if you just turn the volume up all the way, the line out will be a true line out. If it's an an analog line out, then I agree that it's not a true line out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back