Lincoln and Kennedy
Jun 30, 2005 at 6:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Aman

Headphoneus Supremus
Found this in my email. VERY weird!
--

Abraham Lincoln was elected to Congress in 1846.
John F. Kennedy was elected to Congress in 1946.

Abraham Lincoln was elected President in 1860.
John F. Kennedy was elected President in 1960.

Both were particularly concerned with civil rights.
Both wives lost a child while living in the White House.

Both Presidents were shot on a Friday.
Both Presidents were shot in the head.

Now it gets really weird.

Lincoln's secretary was named Kennedy.
Kennedy's Secretary was named Lincoln.

Both were assassinated by Southerners.
Both were succeeded by Southerners named Johnson.

Andrew Johnson, who succeeded Lincoln, was born in 1808.
Lyndon Johnson, who succeede d Kennedy, was born in 1908.

John Wilkes Booth, who assassinated Lincoln, was born in 1839.
Lee Harvey Oswald, who assassinated Kennedy, was born in 1939.

Both assassins were known by their three! names.
Both names are composed of fifteen letters.

Now hang on to your seat.
Lincoln was shot at the theater named "Ford."
Kennedy was shot in a car called "Lincoln" made by "Ford."

Booth and Oswald were assassinated before their trials.

And here's the "kicker":

A week before Lincoln was shot, he was in Monroe, Maryland.
A week before Kennedy was shot, he was with Marilyn Monroe.

AND.....................

Lincoln was shot in a theater and the assassin ran to a
warehouse.....
Kennedy was shot from a warehouse and the assassin ran to a
theater...

--

eek.gif

Jun 30, 2005 at 7:08 AM Post #2 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aman
A week before Lincoln was shot, he was in Monroe, Maryland.
A week before Kennedy was shot, he was with Marilyn Monroe.

When I got to these lines, it struck me that someone had done some preposition-editing around here. . .
wink.gif

But yes, I've heard lists of concordances about Lincoln and Kennedy before, and they're quite intriquing.

Jun 30, 2005 at 11:30 AM Post #4 of 9
I heard about this too, back in High School. Very strange, no?
5000smile.gif
Abe

Jun 30, 2005 at 2:54 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aman
Kennedy was shot from a warehouse and the assassin ran to a
theater...

Assuming the Warren Commission made the correct findings on the events, if not the motivations, behind President Kennedy's assassination, this isn't exactly true. Inside the TBD, immediately after the assassination, Oswald was seen in a breakroom having a Coke. Then, Oswald first went to his boarding house, left, allegedly shot a Dallas police officer, and then went to the movie theater.

Of course, if you throw the Warren Commission out (not a good idea, but that's another thread), then Kennedy was probably shot from the grassy knoll and Oswald probably wasn't the shooter.

Jun 30, 2005 at 9:00 PM Post #6 of 9
The pregnant woman who claimed to see Oswald drinking a Coke in the breakroom only started telling that story YEARS after the shooting, and made no mention of this incident in the days following the shooting of the president.

Jun 30, 2005 at 11:13 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Guidry
The pregnant woman who claimed to see Oswald drinking a Coke in the breakroom only started telling that story YEARS after the shooting, and made no mention of this incident in the days following the shooting of the president.

The Warren Commission reports that an uniformed Dallas police officer (Baker) and the manager of the TSBD (Truly) saw Oswald in the breakroom not more than five minutes after the fact, and it was closer to two or three minutes. In fact, the Warren Commission places the timeline, based on Baker's visual ID, at 90 seconds. A very reasonable amount of time for Oswald to get from his perch to the breakroom and be calm, cool, and collected as Baker said. Baker told that story as soon as it was clear Oswald was the suspect.

The breakroom sighting (after the assassination) is accepted by everyone. Even Earl Warren.

Jul 1, 2005 at 3:55 AM Post #8 of 9
I'm not denying that he was seen by the Dallas cops as they were sweeping the builiding, I am only stating a relevant bit of information in regards to the testimony of one witness.

Jul 1, 2005 at 4:16 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Guidry
I'm not denying that he was seen by the Dallas cops as they were sweeping the builiding, I am only stating a relevant bit of information in regards to the testimony of one witness.

I was referring exclusively to Baker and Truly.
The Hosty note, along with SA Hosty's reports of discussions inside the Dallas FO, makes it impossible to discount Oswald as a suspect. Since everything else fits about the Warren findings, then one must assume that Oswald was the shooter. The Hosty note makes it clear he was in a state of mind to do such a thing. One has Oswald's means and motive presented clearly.

The rest is, as they say, history.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back