Limited, wooden portable ATH-ESW10JPN arrives! (with pics)
Dec 3, 2015 at 2:31 AM Post #1,681 of 1,717
Hello all Audio-Technica fans,
I have an ESW10JPN for sale. The original box is in place, but the purchase documents and the certificate are absent. The condition is pretty good, you can recognize that they are used only after close and critical glance. No rips, scratches on the wood or any headphones parts have been found.
I bought them a year ago from a guy who got them on his birthday and used them from time to time. The documents were lost after house transfer (what a bad habit to keep documents separately from the box!), the pouch he used for another headphones and insisted to keep with him. So I bought them “as is”, and enjoyed both beauty and sound at home – I use glasses outside and it is not comfy to have both glasses and on-ear cans on the head. Mostly I used them as “reference” headphones.
I will send pictures to your mail under PM request.

Dec 6, 2015 at 9:28 AM Post #1,682 of 1,717
  Hello all Audio-Technica fans,
I have an ESW10JPN for sale. The original box is in place, but the purchase documents and the certificate are absent. The condition is pretty good, you can recognize that they are used only after close and critical glance. No rips, scratches on the wood or any headphones parts have been found.
I bought them a year ago from a guy who got them on his birthday and used them from time to time. The documents were lost after house transfer (what a bad habit to keep documents separately from the box!), the pouch he used for another headphones and insisted to keep with him. So I bought them “as is”, and enjoyed both beauty and sound at home – I use glasses outside and it is not comfy to have both glasses and on-ear cans on the head. Mostly I used them as “reference” headphones.
I will send pictures to your mail under PM request.

Sent you a PM

Jul 26, 2016 at 2:05 AM Post #1,689 of 1,717
The wood is hard to capture such deep glowing wood on camera.
The light diffacts and shimmers on the grains ..
Almost unbelievable the beauty of the wood.
Never seen a richer denser glowing wood than these.

Here is a close up when I had them:

:)

Jul 26, 2016 at 2:10 AM Post #1,690 of 1,717
Jul 26, 2016 at 2:30 AM Post #1,691 of 1,717
What about the newest model?
Esw950/990h
smily_headphones1.gif

Just got the 990H after I took that photo. It a clear improvement over the ESW9 limited IMO. I just love they have detachable cable now.

Full size left to right W5000, W3000ANV, W1000Z, W1000X, W1000
Portable left to right ATH-ESW990H, ATH-ESW9LTD, ATH-ESW10JPN, ATH-ESW11LTD

Jul 26, 2016 at 6:20 AM Post #1,692 of 1,717
Wow!
Amazing collection!

I like the new color on the 950!
I found this video on the 950/990:

https://youtu.be/js3Te_GmnMM

Too bad I not know the language.

Jul 28, 2016 at 11:53 PM Post #1,693 of 1,717
Wow!
Amazing collection!

I like the new color on the 950!
I found this video on the 950/990:

https://youtu.be/js3Te_GmnMM

Too bad I not know the language.

Thanks Maxx134

I've been enjoying the hell out of the 990, they are very resolving. Sounds are a departure from the 9LTD with a wider soundstage and much less forward mids.

Oct 6, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #1,694 of 1,717
Hello guys,

I've had esw10jpn for five years.
Very very happy with it.
Recently, I was curious to take a look inside the cups and have changed the position of foams.
Before that, I have tried many daps and the stock headphone only pairs very well with CS4398 dac chip daps (Colorfly C4 CK4, AK240, QP1R), I don't know why.
With other daps such as Lotoo Paw Gold, Plenue S, 901S, AK380, L5 pro, Ibasso, it was too warm for my taste unfortunately, I found these daps very very good. 
triportsad.gif

I wouldn't able to explain much cause I started from nothing. Which holes to cover ? 
confused.gif
biggrin.gif
 So many...
All I can say is that I tried to keep the detailed midrange with larger soundstage, less bass quantity.
I throw old foams out and put some simple cotton in there.
So, after multiple and multiple attempts 
eek.gif
, I found this position lol 

I have to admit I like it very much.
It sounds less warm, less bleeding bass, more open and airy sound, bass is so much deeper and cleaner.
Before, it was a rather forward sound with narrow soundstage.
Overall It is more balanced now and seems more versatile with other daps with different sound sig.
I will be able to try it again with top daps in the upcoming days. 
popcorn.gif

biggrin.gif

Oct 6, 2016 at 7:54 PM Post #1,695 of 1,717
I can't believe you actually opened a "precious"...
Such blasphemy even I never attempted, and I opened just about everything I owned.

Wow, I was under the impression that it only had yellow fiberglass material.
It actually had foam?

It makes sense that addition of extra material will tame the bass and thickness.

I always found the unit I "had" to sound tight and neutral, very tight in bass as well.
So I would be interested in more close up pics of your unit.

Good luck to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back