Limited, wooden portable ATH-ESW10JPN arrives! (with pics)
Nov 5, 2008 at 5:21 AM Post #332 of 1,717
indeed
wink.gif

Nov 6, 2008 at 2:23 AM Post #334 of 1,717
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricey20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
*rubs his WOOD*

My precciiious
tongue.gif

I hope you washed your hands.

after spending couple of days with them, I do not miss TF10s. at all.

First thing that stood out to me was its bass.
seriously, does any other (portable) headphone have this much bass and NOT be out of control? I think I found my (portable) true love.
smily_headphones1.gif

It just just amazing listening to Carmina Burana sitting in my office today

Nov 6, 2008 at 5:58 AM Post #335 of 1,717
Are there anything negative about ESW10jpn, becides the price...so far found the impressions quite limited up here...
Would they perform well comparing to a full size one? I mean, if you have to pay USD 500 for them, which is the same as for the used RS1, they must do VERY WELL, arent they?
We need more impressions/comparison to other hp's as well, imo.

Nov 6, 2008 at 6:15 AM Post #336 of 1,717
They have very good transparency and very precise imaging above most mid level (300$) cans , very good and tasteful done tonality/texture.

These are so basic things, many other (full sized) headphones already fail more or less on these attributes.

Nov 6, 2008 at 6:47 AM Post #338 of 1,717
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my biggest complaint is that woods look so nice I have to be extra careful when I listen to them
mad.gif

Yeah indeed, I will walk with extra care while wearing them. trying to dodge every possible incoming "fire"
wink.gif

Nov 6, 2008 at 6:50 AM Post #339 of 1,717
Quote:

Originally Posted by wkwlb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah indeed, I will walk with extra care while wearing them. trying to dodge every possible incoming "fire"
wink.gif

I hate it when people try to get my my attention by tapping on wood (no, by my ears). They don't do it anymore since I always give them a shift kick to the rear end or quick slap of the ****s.

Also these make my ass look fat.

OT: anyone know how to take care of these beauties? pledge? wax? condom? help!

Nov 6, 2008 at 10:42 AM Post #340 of 1,717
I have some custom-ordered rubbers at my house, and i think they'll fit your wood perfectly. Wanna come over?
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 6, 2008 at 5:48 PM Post #341 of 1,717
I find that with the 9's i get a very "in the head" feeling compared with my other phones. I trade them off with my recabled for mobile sr225's and they don't really measure up. If it is a noisier environment(medium) i use the 9's and in a more quiet setting the 225's. Generally i am not really a Grado type so this strikes me, maybe just the size of the drivers.

So here is my question: Do the 10's have a lot more depth and less "in your headness" than the 9's?

I am thinking that my issue may just be the closeness of the drivers to the ears in a closed headphone, the DX1000's don't have the problem but the drivers are considerable further out from your ear. The 9's aren't as severe as an iem but seem to go more in that direction.

Nov 6, 2008 at 6:03 PM Post #342 of 1,717
Quote:

Originally Posted by yaluen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here are a few choice pics of the packaging. I see people have been complaining about a proper case but the box it comes with just exudes luxury and elegance. Props to A-T!

p1020508xm3.jpg

And here we go with the unboxing!
p1020510so3.jpg

Oh! What's that you're hiding in there?
p1020511rc8.jpg

p1020512vu5.jpg

p1020515pn3.jpg

*faints*
p1020516lj3.jpg

Sorry for the sub-par pics, they were shot with only a Panasonic point-and-shoot. It's not worthy
redface.gif

I also have a cheap Panasonic point-and-shoot, yet I was still able to get this picture yesterday-

Nov 6, 2008 at 9:46 PM Post #343 of 1,717
hmm.. I sound like a fanboy here, but I find ESW10s more enjoyable than my previousely owned 'phones - such as K701 and SR325i. could improvement in transparency and bass account for that much?

It's probably my new toy syndrome speaking, but these are, in fact, quite an upgrade over ESW9s...I can't write a review until my syndrome die out
frown.gif

Nov 6, 2008 at 10:38 PM Post #344 of 1,717
I came so close to ordering a pair of these, till I looked at my credit card balance. I could sell my re-cabled and internal dampened A900, SR-60 and Pro 30 orthos to help partially fund this. Hmmm....

Nov 6, 2008 at 10:41 PM Post #345 of 1,717
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I came so close to ordering a pair of these, till I looked at my credit card balance. I could sell my re-cabled and internal dampened A900, SR-60 and Pro 30 orthos to help partially fund this. Hmmm....

pretty much what I did. I sold off my K701s and corda Move to fund these. (I don't miss those, since they were being in cold storage in the first place)

with 25% rebate (if it's still on, that is) it might just be worth it.

happy listening,
-Kris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back