Lime Ears Pneuma - discussion and impressions
Jan 10, 2021 at 8:37 AM Post #76 of 114
Today i started to use the PW Audio No10 (before i was using the Pneuma with the Penon OS849 and i think that it was messing up the overall signature) feels like a new iem now!!
Bass feels more defined and predominant now, so i guess i will stick with the PW Audio for a while.

Yes, PW Audio No10 is good cable. I used Null Audio Luna add more body on mids, but decay on higher bass are slowest. And my favourite cable is prototype cable to IEM from Argentum brand, this is clear silver. I very like sounds from silver cable, because there transparent sound with good body, texture and fast attack and decay.

Jan 19, 2021 at 4:47 AM Post #77 of 114
A little tips about Pneuma. If I give them a lot of current, example Dethronay DTR1 on High Gain Pneuma have more sub-bass like and lower sub-bass like Sony Z1r and lower s0, and all bass is faster and better punch and better texture. High tone are crispy. This is very good for song with have a lot of sub-bass and rock, metal, electro music. But we have a worse timbre on mids.
For me this is very good, because I may match the signature and timbre Pneum to the song.

I recommend every Pneum user to check this iem/ciem at different gain in their DAP. I listening pop, jazz on mid gain, and rock, metal on high gain. Soundtrack I prefer on mid gain, because I listening this music with a lot of female vocals.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2021 at 7:03 PM Post #78 of 114
A little tips about Pneuma. If I give them a lot of current, example Dethronay DTR1 on High Gain Pneuma have more sub-bass like and lower sub-bass like Sony Z1r and lower s0, and all bass is faster and better punch and better texture. High tone are crispy. This is very good for song with have a lot of sub-bass and rock, metal, electro music. But we have a worse timbre on mids.
For me this is very good, because I may match the signature and timbre Pneum to the song.

I recommend every Pneum user to check this iem/ciem at different gain in their DAP. I listening pop, jazz on mid gain, and rock, metal on high gain. Soundtrack I prefer on mid gain, because I listening this music with a lot of female vocals.
I´m using high gain on my new modded WM1z, and back to the Penon OS849 since its the only cable i have atm with 4.4mm, my modded wm1z does not have the single end output, so i can´t use the pw nº10 anymore.
Everything sounds good now, bass is there, sub bass, still using the symbio w tips, still waiting on the sedna xelastec to see if it improves anything.

Jan 20, 2021 at 2:37 AM Post #79 of 114
Pneumy on WM1z/a only on balanced output, because on single ended a power is too small.

Jan 25, 2021 at 12:19 PM Post #80 of 114
Yea, i also hear similarities to the Khan, and that's lovely to hear, because in my opinion Khan is one of the TOTL IEM's right now, and that's generous to even compare our product to this great piece of equipment <3

I'm seriously interested in the iem's. But I have a question. In the review at headfonia, the reviewer mentioned the following:

The Khan is the polar opposite of the Pneuma. It has a thinner sound with a smaller note size. It’s crisper and its treble has much more bite than the Pneuma. The bass quantity of the Khan is less as well. Treble in Khan has more energy and I think it performs a bit better in that regard.

However, the Pneuma has the tonality advantage, a bigger stage, a more controlled and musical approach with a bigger note size. To me, it has better coherency as well. They’re similar in terms of resolution and transparency though. Pneuma is much more versatile as a side note, so do consider that when choosing from these two flagship pieces.

So according to this person, he hears the opposite? Can someone explain this difference? Also, at the moment my main iem's are the Beyerdynamic Xelento which I like a lot, for it's dynamic bass and overall performance. Of course, it doesn't have to sound the same. But a comparison would be nice.

Jan 25, 2021 at 2:50 PM Post #81 of 114
I've heard that Khan has 2 versions. But I don't exactly know which version I've listened.

(Not sure if there's any sound difference)
I'm seriously interested in the iem's. But I have a question. In the review at headfonia, the reviewer mentioned the following:

The Khan is the polar opposite of the Pneuma. It has a thinner sound with a smaller note size. It’s crisper and its treble has much more bite than the Pneuma. The bass quantity of the Khan is less as well. Treble in Khan has more energy and I think it performs a bit better in that regard.

However, the Pneuma has the tonality advantage, a bigger stage, a more controlled and musical approach with a bigger note size. To me, it has better coherency as well. They’re similar in terms of resolution and transparency though. Pneuma is much more versatile as a side note, so do consider that when choosing from these two flagship pieces.

So according to this person, he hears the opposite? Can someone explain this difference? Also, at the moment my main iem's are the Beyerdynamic Xelento which I like a lot, for it's dynamic bass and overall performance. Of course, it doesn't have to sound the same. But a comparison would be nice.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2021 at 3:07 PM Post #82 of 114
Pneumy and Khan have similar sound signature "V", because there have aggressive lower treble. I agree with highs treble more aggressive and sparkly in Khan. Sub-bass and middle-bass in Pneuma on medium power DAP are very similar to Khan, on high power DAP Pneuma have more sub-bass, they become a sub-bass monster. Mids in both iems are neutral, no timbre. For me on high power DAP (DTR1 on high gain) no have coherence and very "V", on medium power (DTR mids gain) a little "V".
Everything in Pneuma depends on DAP and power, but Pneuma never will be opposite to Khan, only similar to Khan with no aggressive middle and ultra high tone, sometimes with more sub-bass.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2021 at 2:39 AM Post #84 of 114
Yes, not too much love for Pneuma yet. But this is great IEM/CIEMS especially for rock, metal and soundtrack like Hans Zimmer, Sawano. There are very power on sub-bass on DAP with power above 600mW/5V@16 Ohm like Z1r, but than are better controller and texture and ultra-higher no sharp.
For me are the better than UM Mesh, Noble Audio Khan, Vision Ear Elysium (but I love mids and vocals in this headphone, but bass I hate).

Feb 3, 2021 at 7:14 PM Post #85 of 114
Sedna Xelastec just landed at my place yesterday, unfortunately Linsoul messed my order and shipped apple airpods pro version....
But i must say even with this "minor" hiccup, that the Pneumas now sound on another level...the bass, soundstage, its a whole new iem now!

Mar 11, 2021 at 7:22 AM Post #86 of 114
Not too much love for these, yet. At least, I ordered them. Looking forward to them!
Their loss! Have you got them?

Still rocking here.

IMG_20201106_162842.jpg

Mar 11, 2021 at 2:10 PM Post #88 of 114
Yep @Virtu Fortuna, I have them for a while now and I absolutely love them. I have to thank you too, your review definitely caught my eye and they are as described.
Now, don't tempt me with new stuff :wink:
Haven't looked at anything else since. These could truly be endgame stuff.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2021 at 1:50 PM Post #89 of 114
I have question to Pneuma users. Your experience with cables to Pneuma?

Because I like Pneuma with prototype Argentum and Final Audio C-106.

I tested Pneuma with:
1) Argentum - this is prototype cables to IEMS/CIEMS Polish brand, which only used silver cable 5N. Sound are neutral and natural, have very good body, fast attack and decay, great resolution and details and holographic scene, signature are flat. But this cable is very stiff, which makes him uncomfortable.
2) Final Audio C-106 - silver coated, have very nice body and organic on higher mids, especially on female vocals. Treble are brightness. Bass have more mid bass than sub-bass and higher-bass, this is very attractive effect in sound especially on on the snare drum and drums. He have fast transients, but no fast like Argentum. But sometimes for me his resolution and controlling is to weak.
3) PW Audio No.10 - stock cable in Pneuma. Very nice present signature bass in Pneuma, because Pneuma od powerful DAP/AMP have more sub-bass than mid-bass and higher-bass. Mids no organic, no body. Treble are the weakest this cable, because are very bad defined, no resolution. Resolution and details are the same like Final Audio. But he is very comfortable.
4) Null Audio Luna - to much higher-sub and lower-mids to me and this is to slow for me.

Mar 28, 2021 at 3:54 PM Post #90 of 114
I have question to Pneuma users. Your experience with cables to Pneuma?

Because I like Pneuma with prototype Argentum and Final Audio C-106.

I tested Pneuma with:
1) Argentum - this is prototype cables to IEMS/CIEMS Polish brand, which only used silver cable 5N. Sound are neutral and natural, have very good body, fast attack and decay, great resolution and details and holographic scene, signature are flat. But this cable is very stiff, which makes him uncomfortable.
2) Final Audio C-106 - silver coated, have very nice body and organic on higher mids, especially on female vocals. Treble are brightness. Bass have more mid bass than sub-bass and higher-bass, this is very attractive effect in sound especially on on the snare drum and drums. He have fast transients, but no fast like Argentum. But sometimes for me his resolution and controlling is to weak.
3) PW Audio No.10 - stock cable in Pneuma. Very nice present signature bass in Pneuma, because Pneuma od powerful DAP/AMP have more sub-bass than mid-bass and higher-bass. Mids no organic, no body. Treble are the weakest this cable, because are very bad defined, no resolution. Resolution and details are the same like Final Audio. But he is very comfortable.
4) Null Audio Luna - to much higher-sub and lower-mids to me and this is to slow for me.
Try the Effect Audio EVO 10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back