Lime Ears Pneuma - discussion and impressions
Aug 20, 2020 at 11:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 114

zolyniakm

New Head-Fier
Lime Ears made their first hybrid model named Pneuma. It's 5 driver configuration with 1DD for subbass, 2 BA for midbass, 1 BA for mids and 1 BA for highs and has bass switch. Seems a bit like evolution from Aether R I like, so I could be an interesting model that deserved it's own thread. New universal design seems nice. Shame there is no info about price and launch date, but I hope there will be a chance to listen to it in near future.

Photo and description below from Lime Ears Facebook page:

pneuma.jpg

"This is our first ever hybrid in-ear monitor, made of endless hours of experimenting and trying different things out, sometimes for the first time in our career.

Pneuma is sporting a titanium dynamic driver to handle the sub-bass frequencies and four balanced-armature drivers (2x bass, 1x mid and 1x high).

Also, the Pneuma will include our well-known bass switch for adjusting that beautiful dynamic driver and for you to choose, what kind of sound you like to enjoy for that specific moment, and it also comes with the brand new trademark technology regarding the implementation of a dynamic driver, but...more about it coming soon 😎"

Aug 20, 2020 at 12:23 PM Post #2 of 114
Looks like another impeccable design of a universal model :D And even more goodness comparing to Aether R. I've had the pleasure to give the Aether R a brief listen and I was amazed by their potential. Now I wonder how much better these will be especially that they have a dynamic driver responsible only for the sub-bass. I'm kinda surprised there is "only" one BA for mids and highs, but from what I remember the Aether R while smooth, have been very well defined.

The only thing that now comes to my mind is how much more expensive the Pneuma will be than the Aether R with that whole beefed-up package.

Aug 20, 2020 at 2:53 PM Post #3 of 114
The only thing that now comes to my mind is how much more expensive the Pneuma will be than the Aether R with that whole beefed-up package.

I hope they change not so good quality stock Plastic One cable for something good if price goes up. This model should have at least a decent stock cable, but not much info about that right now...

Aug 21, 2020 at 6:53 AM Post #5 of 114
Whoa, a new flagship IEM from Lime Ears! Super interested. Very curious what their secret patented tech for the driver is...

Aug 25, 2020 at 7:21 PM Post #9 of 114
I hope they change not so good quality stock Plastic One cable for something good if price goes up. This model should have at least a decent stock cable, but not much info about that right now...

Good news! They addressed your complaint and will include the higher quality PW Audio No.10 ($190 retail) as the stock cable.

118307368_3287398431318352_5090035420268049949_o.jpg

Aug 27, 2020 at 4:31 AM Post #12 of 114
Hey guys,

woah, great to see there's a thread regarding our new babies and to see it's going quite strong! :)

Yep, we've heard feedback for quite some time now about the stock cable, which we thought isn't impressive ourselves. It did it's job, especially looking at the fact, that majority of our client's are professional musicians and they prefer comfort/being lightweight than pure SQ.

But...Pneuma is aimed for you folks, not for musicians. It is not neutral, flat and fitted to make/play music with really. We aimed at the pure enjoyment of listening to our favorite tracks. So we decided to include a far better sounding cable in the box and oh my....it smashes our old cable out of the water by miles. We're very happy about making this step forward :L3000:

Aug 27, 2020 at 8:05 AM Post #14 of 114
Oh, you're faster than me, haha :darthsmile:

Yea, we just reveiled it, and here's a little story about the design:

With Pneuma we really wanted to create something inspired by sacred geometry.
Also, since it is a hybrid design using a dynamic driver we focused on the concept of dynamism. We imagined color-shifting red to be a color of dynamism (a bit like molten lava), paired with a Seed Of Life symbol representing creation.
Having that in mind, we wanted Pneuma to look dynamic, spicy and sophisticated at the same time, pushing our boundaries of design creation further than ever.
So.....here it is, you've seen an angle of them, but today you can look closely into our creativity.

Here's another photo we just took - you like them folks?

117964864_2406570552979696_9084387037988376595_n.jpg

Sep 17, 2020 at 8:52 AM Post #15 of 114
Hey guys,

we posted a new "Let's talk about Pneuma" episode on our Facebook, ill just leave it here :L3000:

Let's talk about Pneuma.
Part 3
🤘

Hybrids, hybrids everywhere.
Over the last few years hybrid in ear monitors are making a statement as the best quality products on the market.
We've been completely aware of the situation but we didn't want to rush anything, but rather use this as a compliment to years that we've spent to master the implementation of balanced armature drivers.
And now we're ready to make this step. With the new Pneuma we're walking in bravely, wearing all white and giving you our first hybrid design IEM, implementing a dynamic driver for the subbass frequencies, which resulted in more slam and body in the lower end.
But it would have been too easy for us to just "put this badboy in it and call it a day".
First of all, after testing so many dynamic drivers we decided to go with a specially made for us (well, you could even call it bespoke), 7mm tytanium driver. It sounds great, goes very deep and has that slam that everybody loves (yep, we do too).
Apart of carefully choosing the driver to use with the Pneuma, we also implemented a trademark technology called BAM™, which you can elaborate in one of two ways:

Backfiring Acoustically-damped Membrane

or that we are...

Bad At Marketing

We utilize energy radiated by back of the transducers membrane. This engineering solution was inspired by bass reflex enclosures of studio monitors and produced extraordinary results. Additionally dynamic woofer has been damped with carefully selected open-cell memory foam which helped to decrease acoustic resonances inside of the enclosure (Which works magic in terms of stereo separation and for the soundstage to go deeper and wider).
The effect it gives has us saying WOW everytime we listen to these babies, and listening to heavy riffs of Tony Iommi and Adam Jones makes our whole bodies go crazy - it's really hard for us to sit and not to move, as our legs tend to move in the rhythm of the music. And that's what we call fun factor here in Lime Ears HQ.

Well, that's all for now, stay in touch for next part of our "Let's talk about Pneuma" series
💚

Brak dostępnego opisu zdjęcia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back