Lime Ears introduction and Model X universal announcement!
Feb 21, 2019 at 9:36 PM Post #16 of 47
Nhnpdb7.jpg
Nicely done! These bad boys are really good!

Attachments

• LRM_EXPORT_95474164641233_20190220_153030298.jpeg
    LRM_EXPORT_95474164641233_20190220_153030298.jpeg
    5.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 25, 2019 at 7:12 PM Post #17 of 47
Samples arrived from Poland this morning. Looking forward to a commute with these bad boys in the morning!

20190325_192608.jpg 20190325_230339.jpg

Mar 26, 2019 at 5:38 AM Post #19 of 47
I've just received LEA R demos myself and love them even more than the custom version!!! I could write on and on about how beautiful they sound but since becoming a shareholder it's only ethical for me to leave impressions for you guys. (Still can't get used to it!)

Mar 26, 2019 at 6:03 AM Post #20 of 47
I have had about a day with the Model X now, and haven't really taken them out yet. Initial impressions listening to Tidal Hi-Fi/masters over an RHA DacAmp L1 and an iFi Nano BL via laptop and some 16/44.1 FLACs on my AK70:

1) these things have a hell of a soundstage - definitely holographic, real sense of width, vocal and instrument placement, and a sense of "imaging" of the environemnt of recording (especially in live tracks), all in 3 dimensions. I havent really encountered this quite so pronounced before, and it is an amazing experience;
2) these are accomplished detail retrievers - by singling out and physically placing different instruments, I am picking out new detail in tracks I know well, due to hearing something very specifically placed - very pronounced effect in live tracks;
3) at the moment I prefer switches up (warm) to down (analytical) - although the soundstage and detail retrieval are more pronounced with the switch up, I simply need more warmth and bass in my life;
4) the packaging weighed a bloody ton! There is a solid metal transport case included - nice touch; and
5) in the interests of full disclosure, @Lime Ears have sent these out with some fudge in the box - a much appreciated sweetener!

Mar 31, 2019 at 1:13 PM Post #21 of 47
Further update:

Tidal Hi-Fi through Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga X1>Modi 2 Uber>Vali 2>Model X

Normally any IEM through the Vali 2 sounds effing awful - buzz excessive, fuzzy... the model X's sound amazing through the Vali 2. Oooodles of detail, loads of separation, sound stage to die for. Qué bueno!

Apr 4, 2019 at 5:20 AM Post #22 of 47
Normally any IEM through the Vali 2 sounds effing awful - buzz excessive, fuzzy... the model X's sound amazing through the Vali 2. Oooodles of detail, loads of separation, sound stage to die for. Qué bueno!

Yep, we also tune our monitors using a pro interface, as they are also intended for studios and musicians :)

Apr 7, 2019 at 9:26 AM Post #24 of 47
My unboxing of the Model X.

Thanks for the Candies!!

Now this is great! Thank you for the vid!
I personally highly recommend comply with Model X universal and then -- the neutral mode :)
Use a moisturiser (like a face or hand creme or a lip balm) on the foams, and then they will be soft enough for you to insert them quite deeply.
Effect? A superb noise isolation allowing you to take them even on a plane.
Also highs slightly attenuated making the neutral mode tuning practically to die for (at least for me!).
At the same time, lows extended deeply flat to 20 Hz; mids just neutrally exposed, as they supposed to be, not recessed.
Just listen to some classical to hear that it sounds when an IEM reproduces the music accurately as it was recorded :)
That's my personal opinion :)

Apr 8, 2019 at 12:05 AM Post #26 of 47
Now this is great! Thank you for the vid!
I personally highly recommend comply with Model X universal and then -- the neutral mode :)
Use a moisturiser (like a face or hand creme or a lip balm) on the foams, and then they will be soft enough for you to insert them quite deeply.
Effect? A superb noise isolation allowing you to take them even on a plane.
Also highs slightly attenuated making the neutral mode tuning practically to die for (at least for me!).
At the same time, lows extended deeply flat to 20 Hz; mids just neutrally exposed, as they supposed to be, not recessed.
Just listen to some classical to hear that it sounds when an IEM reproduces the music accurately as it was recorded :)
That's my personal opinion :)
I will try that. Thanks.

Apr 19, 2019 at 6:10 AM Post #30 of 47
that thing looks like is coming from another planet, what kind of design is that? some kind of flakes in it?

Its a monitor from the future (chuckles)

600px-Anchorman2_future_02.jpg

I need to ask Lime Ears for the exact mix as I saw a pic and asked could they duplicate that design which they said they could.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back