Lime Ears Aether - Ciem Flagship - discussion, review, and impressions thread
Apr 1, 2016 at 12:44 PM Post #33 of 266
They'll have to wait another couple of months because I can't part with my Galaxy to fund them just yet :)

It looks like that Aether order might come earlier?
wink.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/803646/rhapsodio-galaxy

Edit: congrats with the sale!
That Galaxy moved pretty quick
biggrin.gif

Apr 11, 2016 at 10:05 AM Post #34 of 266
New toys arrived over the weekend. Lime Ears Aether and AK380 Black

Apr 11, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #35 of 266
Some nice pics above!

Curious about your Aether impressions and how it holds up to your other (c)iems later on
rolleyes.gif

Apr 11, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #38 of 266
You meant how others hold up to Aether 
wink.gif
dt880smile.png

Yeah...that must have been what I meant....my mistake, sorry
biggrin.gif

If I go by his sig, appart from UERM which I dunno, this may turn into a bloodbath.

Well, it seems that he has multiple very well performing (from what I've read about them) iems in his collection...so, we'll see
rolleyes.gif

I'll certainly keep an eye on that Aether...
i_keep_an_eye_on_you___by_jf_stahl-d4tim0k.gif

Apr 12, 2016 at 4:08 PM Post #39 of 266
  You meant how others hold up to Aether 
wink.gif
dt880smile.png

i just want to say that i like how you praise other companies's CIEMs , despite having a company yourself

this shows a certain quality of character so kudos 

(btw , i enjoyed our emails regarding my anzu v2 and how helpful and communicative you were , so cheers again) 
beerchug.gif

Apr 13, 2016 at 5:14 AM Post #40 of 266

i just want to say that i like how you praise other companies's CIEMs , despite having a company yourself

this shows a certain quality of character so kudos 

(btw , i enjoyed our emails regarding my anzu v2 and how helpful and communicative you were , so cheers again) 
beerchug.gif

Thank you for your kind words.
Well I was an audiophile (still am?) and reviewer before starting my business, so I still do like to listen to what's new on the market for the sake of listening, just as everyone else here.
Plus we are on friendly terms with Lime Ears, so I always support their products. Aether is extremely fine sounding monitor and it still sits at the top of my personal ranking.

Apr 13, 2016 at 5:35 AM Post #41 of 266
  Well I was an audiophile (still am?) and reviewer before starting my business, so I still do like to listen to what's new on the market for the sake of listening, just as everyone else here.

I think that when you're in the (c)iem business, that it's very important to know what the competition is capable of => I would even consider it a must if I would be in that position
rolleyes.gif
But I think (based on what I've read) that you rolled into it with your ''heart and soul'' (mainly driven by passion and not only to make some money) which is a good thing!

Aether is extremely fine sounding monitor and it still sits at the top of my personal ranking.

Based on the (c)iems that are under your profile? Or also on other totl (c)iems that you've heard down the road?
In case of the latter, the next question would be an easily predictable one, but for you maybe not so easy to answer to 
biggrin.gif

Apr 13, 2016 at 5:44 AM Post #42 of 266

I think that when you're in the (c)iem business, that it's very important to know what the competition is capable of => I would even consider it a must if I would be in that positioning
rolleyes.gif
But I think (based on what I've read) that you rolled into it with your ''heart and soul'' (mainly driven by passion and not only to make some money) which is a good thing!

Based on the (c)iems that are under your profile? Or also on other totl (c)iems that you've heard down the road?
In case of the latter, he next question would be an easily predictable one, but for you maybe not so easy to answer to 
biggrin.gif

Of course you are right about the competition too, but I do check other companies just for having fun with sound.

Well given I was at CanJam Singapore you can trust me when I say I heard a lot of IEMs I listened to Demos, I listened to custom versions as well from a few people with ears similar to mine so I had nearly perfect fit. I heard all of what's being considered TOTL here around head-fi :)
My 1st place (tied) are Aether (based on well fited demo) - as a perfect monitor and AAW W500 (based on custom) as perefct fun/audiophile earphone.

Apr 13, 2016 at 5:50 AM Post #43 of 266
Hey I think it extremely laudable that people in the customs business can appreciate each other's design philosophies. There were strong opinions expressed during the seminars at canjam singapore but let the enjoyment of audio be what unites us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back