Like hearing music for the first time... share your experience
Mar 26, 2007 at 1:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

rwest1389

500+ Head-Fier
I am relatively new to ugrading the basics in music hardware. For years I've used ibuds and Sony MDR V300s. A few months ago, I finally got some iem's to replace my ibuds and I was amazed by the difference. then, compared to my new um1s, I realized how bad the sonys were. I got grado sr225s, and the difference was simply incredible. The first music I listened to was Lateralus, and it was like i was hearing it for the first time. I was blown away, and lateralus got even better after I got a CnC Box.
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
cool.gif

So what upgrade in audio gear has made the biggest difference for you? What music did you listen to when you were first blown away? share your experiences.

Mar 26, 2007 at 7:14 AM Post #3 of 7
headphones for me have always been the biggest difference.

I crapped in my pants the first time I heard SRV on my HF1. I was doomed for the RS1.

Mar 26, 2007 at 7:22 AM Post #4 of 7
Ipod ear buds > SR-125's
Going SR-125 > RS-2 was the 2nd biggest. Following closely behind it was building a CKKIII amp (I was running it straight out of my comp prior). My what a huge improvement in bass!

Mar 26, 2007 at 7:38 AM Post #6 of 7
I remember way back when I bought my SR-60, I was simply floored by listening to Radiohead's "Kid A" and Garbage's "Version 2.0."

When I got my SR-325i, I was again completely floored by the increased detail. And the BASS. Oh the bass. Tight and delicious. I think it was primarily Radiohead's "Hail To The Thief" that I spun over and over and which seemed like an entirely new album.

Mar 26, 2007 at 7:44 AM Post #7 of 7
The first time I played Royksopp's "Eeple" on my DT770/80's, I literally just had to close my eyes and stop what I was doing (i.e., my work) for the duration of the song. The sound was literally so deep and interesting and immersive, it was as if I'd never heard the song before.

- Warren

Users who are viewing this thread

Back