Lightning to USB-C - For Audeze and other lightning headphones
Jun 30, 2019 at 11:33 PM Post #31 of 62
Anker released a Lightning to USB-C adapter that allow any lightning connected headphone to USB-C devices. This works flawlessly with the Audeze iSine, El8 and Sine headphones.

We have tested it with IPad Pro, Windows surface, Google Pixel and Samsung Galaxy mobile phones
  • Apple MFi Certified: Works flawlessly to connect Lightning headphones with USB-C devices.
  • Simplified Listening: Use one pair of Lightning headphones for your iPhone, iPad Pro, Mac, or Windows 10 computer.
  • Lossless Audio: Full digital 48KHz/24-bit transmission.
  • Full Functionality: Retains earphone mic and remote functions while connected to your USB-C devices.
  • Zero Installation: Thanks to USB Audio Class 2, there's no need for driver installation. Just plug and play.

The audio and controls (volume up/down, play/pause)
https://www.amazon.com/Anker-USB-C-Lightning-Audio-Adapter/dp/B07R6MKJZH/

Works really great with Android and Mac and having cipher on them is just magical. However in Windows 10 it is promoting for a driver to install and doesn't work. See the screen shot attached.

123.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2019 at 12:17 AM Post #32 of 62
Works really great with Android and Mac and having cipher on them is just magical. However in Windows 10 it is promoting for a driver to install and doesn't work. See the screen shot attached.

Sorry but I don't see an attached jpeg file.

Jul 1, 2019 at 2:36 AM Post #33 of 62
In terms of sound quality alone, which one performs better for Android? This with the Cipher V2 cable, or the Cipher Bluetooth cable?
Wired....easy!

Jul 13, 2019 at 5:41 AM Post #36 of 62
Has anyone ran into issue where you try to do "bit perfect" playback and it has issue? I am not able to get it to work with exclusive access and bit perfect for UAPP or HiBy Music Player. It makes everything play back SUPER slowwwwwwww.

I have confirmed I have no issue with other USB Dac's - issue is only with this Dongle. Has anyone else seen this?

Jul 13, 2019 at 5:55 AM Post #37 of 62
Has anyone ran into issue where you try to do "bit perfect" playback and it has issue? I am not able to get it to work with exclusive access and bit perfect for UAPP or HiBy Music Player. It makes everything play back SUPER slowwwwwwww.

I have confirmed I have no issue with other USB Dac's - issue is only with this Dongle. Has anyone else seen this?
Doesn't work in that fashion. Cannot give exclusive access to apps with the cipher cable. Don't think it's necessary, as the cipher cable isn't bit-perfect to begin with. It uses built in DSP, it's possibly a reason why bit-perfect mode doesn't work.

Jul 19, 2019 at 3:51 AM Post #38 of 62
Sadly not available anywhere in Australia / anywhere that ships to Australia.

Sep 10, 2019 at 9:25 AM Post #43 of 62
Anker makes a point of saying that this is NOT compatible with Android devices, so there seems to be a conflict as you've used successfully it with a Galaxy
I quoted you on the ISine 20 post. They have to cover their behinds. They cannot say it will work on all Android devices because not all Android devices have OTG function. Those that do, it will work with, as well as PCs if connected to a USB C to USB a male adapter to plug in the USB port on the PC

Oct 9, 2019 at 9:13 PM Post #44 of 62
Works great with my LG G7 PHONE, Hiby R6 (very, very loud) and Dell Inspiron Laptop - Sine & isine 20.

I have been hoping for an adaptor like this for ages. Well done Anker and thanks to Audeze for posting this on Head Fi.
Hi Recondude, have you installed any the Cipher driver in Dell Inspiron Laptop? If yes, could you help the link to download. Thanks in advantage

Users who are viewing this thread

Back