Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Dec 14, 2020 at 3:26 PM Post #5,806 of 5,933
@Brubacca, I joined the IEM exchange very early on and I have not heard anything from LH Labs or Light Harmonic or whoever is sending out emails. The latest "update" claims that 50 people have made the first round of the exchange, so I would guess that some others have been notified of something.. Hard to believe I missed the first round of 50, but hey, this is Larry and LH Labs we're talking about. Punctuality, Competence, Honesty and Integrity are clearly words that I would never use to describe LH Labs.. Maybe I'll make the "second or third or fourth or fifth... round of exchange, but it looks like I'll have to wait until at least January to find out... I really just want out of this nightmare, and I'm sure many others do too...
Come on now, you know how this all works: you didn’t buy the IGG perk to be in the 50! You’re SOL...

Dec 14, 2020 at 5:42 PM Post #5,807 of 5,933
I was just short of enough perked to get 2 pairs. I offered to pay the difference so I could get (2) pairs and be done with no lingering balance. So I paid them $30 and am getting the iems. The cynic in me says that this got me bumped up to bring in some money.

I had another reason being that as a recent PayPal transaction I may have some coverage should they not produce since they only asked for payment after shipping tracking info was given.

Dec 14, 2020 at 9:52 PM Post #5,808 of 5,933
@Brubacca, I hope you get the IEM's tomorrow and they work great for you. I guess my biggest issue with this whole exchange proogram is that there must be several other people who follow this forum and the LH Labs Indigogo site, and you are the only person so far who has claimed (admitted) to receiving the IEM's you opted for. Where/who are the other 49? Since we have no way to contact LH Labs or get information from stuck limo (Jarek) any more, we're just basically still stuck in LH Labs Limbo. Again, I am really happy that you are getting out of the Geek Wave mess and receiving the IEM's. Good luck and I hope you have a great holiday season.

Dec 17, 2020 at 12:30 PM Post #5,809 of 5,933
I can confirm that I received two pairs of Mera today via USPS. The packaging looks very nice. I will listen to one pair later today.

Good Luck to everyone else. I hope you all get some satisfaction from this ordeal.

Dec 22, 2020 at 2:42 PM Post #5,810 of 5,933
I can confirm that I received two pairs of Mera today via USPS. The packaging looks very nice. I will listen to one pair later today.

Good Luck to everyone else. I hope you all get some satisfaction from this ordeal.
I'm definitely interested to hear if they are reasonable sounding... to see if it's worth bothering with.

Dec 23, 2020 at 6:40 AM Post #5,811 of 5,933
I'm definitely interested to hear if they are reasonable sounding... to see if it's worth bothering with.
I am very new with headphones and IEMs. I have almost always been a speaker system guy.

I have very limited experience with headphones. My Wave was going to be a Wave 32 then upgraded to wave 64. It was for occasional listening.

Recently I gave up my listening room to a family pet (rabbit) so I have been dabbling in headphone systems.

That all being said the Mera IEMs do sound very good. They are better than the $100 Klipsch that I had before. My initial impression is that they are also better than the Mee Audio Planamic IEMs that I just got from drop.

I am continually impressed with how inexpensively headphones scale to really good sound.

I have used them with my phone (LG V30) and with my Schiit Asgard 2 Amp (with Gungnir MultiBit DAC). With the holiday upon us I will have more time to listen. I also have a A&K Jr.. (Somewhere can't seem to put my hands on it right now) that I'd like to try them on.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2020 at 1:07 AM Post #5,812 of 5,933
I am very new with headphones and IEMs. I have almost always been a speaker system guy.

I have very limited experience with headphones. My Wave was going to be a Wave 32 then upgraded to wave 64. It was for occasional listening.

Recently I gave up my listening room to a family pet (rabbit) so I have been dabbling in headphone systems.

That all being said the Mera IEMs do sound very good. They are better than the $100 Klipsch that I had before. My initial impression is that they are also better than the Mee Audio Planamic IEMs that I just got from drop.

I am continually impressed with how inexpensively headphones scale to really good sound.

I have used them with my phone (LG V30) and with my Schiit Asgard 2 Amp (with Gungnir MultiBit DAC). With the holiday upon us I will have more time to listen. I also have a A&K Jr.. (Somewhere can't seem to put my hands on it right now) that I'd like to try them on.
They sound very good huh? Better than the $100 Klipsh that no one ever heard of! Good for you!

I actually don't trust companies on their word about their status either :)

I try to quantify it with the data I can find. This time, searching just the name of the product and reading into it didn't reveal everything.

I will leave that bit in my review, so those who read it know that there is something they should investigate about the company

Good example example about my statement above, when it comes to FiiO, they are an oustanding company, but I had a dozen people reply to me in comments on Youtube that FiiO does not service items directly, so in every review I recommend people to not purchase from them directly, but instead go through local sellers who usually offer exchanges for deffective units. I have first hand experience with that since I used to purchase fiiO DAPs in the past, and had trouble twice, and the local agent exchanged it twice no questions asked with a full boxed new unit.
You can't compare FIIO with LH labs!!!! With FIIO, you get a product at least! With Larry and Ho, you get nothing...by the way, there is a thread dedicated to LH labs on this site...you need to check this out! LH labs should, must be banned from personal audio/audiophile sites for ever! You should ask Larry if he ever deliver an audio system for Tesla...he was bragging about it in his website a few years ago...

Dec 24, 2020 at 2:19 AM Post #5,813 of 5,933
@ValeryPaul, Gee, I thought I was hard on Larry and LH Labs. There is clearly no love lost for me with Larry Ho and LH labs. I feel like this IEM exchange program is not a completely honest endeavor on Larry's part. First LH Labs claimed that 80+ people had opted to exchange Geek Wave funds for IEMs (Mera or Stella). Then they claimed that 50 people had made the list to receive IEMs in the exchange program. I entered my information for exchange the very first day it was offered and somehow failed to make the first 50 cut. Next LH Labs tells us they have completed 40 exchange requests, but to date, only 3 people have publicly acknowledged receiving IEMs. I have tried repeatedly to contact LH Labs to find out my status on the exchange list, but they have not replied to any of my emails so far. At LH Labs request, I even sent in my exchange information again so they could inform me if my "exchange status". So far I have heard nothing back. I clearly feel that Larry and the Gang are trying to pull a fast one here, just like they have with everything else they have done. Just throw out a few IEMs to a select few individuals and we're all supposed to believe the exchange program is legit...I will keep after LH Labs until I get some sort of answer one way or another. Given that no one is ever going to receive a Geek Wave (at least in this lifetime), I would still like to receive the IEMs I'm trying to exchange for, but I am not holding my breath... I hope that any others who have entered the IEM exchange and have or have not received the IEMs they requested will report their experience here or on the Indiegogo comment section. We need to make sure that everyone is kept up to date with Larry's latest tricks...

Dec 24, 2020 at 5:23 AM Post #5,815 of 5,933
They sound very good huh? Better than the $100 Klipsh that no one ever heard of! Good for you!

Yep. They do. Just trying to respond to the question. Guess I'm saying to my ears the Mera are not @25 pieces of junk with massively inflated price tags. The Klipsch's were fairly well rated, but inexpensive. I tossed them over a year ago because the cable broke and one stopped working. IEMs listening literally just became relevant to me because of the family pet situation.

I completely understand why people have vitriol for Larry Ho. If anyone asked my if they should buy a Light Harmonic product I'd say no.

Possibly the exchange program is another scam. Only a few will get them. I've also thought that this might be a ploy to wipe people off of the litigation settlement.

All I know that they they fulfilled with me. In my book a couple pairs of IEMs that seem nice and sound enjoyable are way better than staying in limbo for a Wave64 that I'm never going to get and will likely have zero support.

I'm not bragging just telling my story because other deserve to know I feel and you can't believe almost anything Light Harmonic says.

I truly hope they come through for everyone. Best of luck to all.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2020 at 8:15 AM Post #5,816 of 5,933
@Brubacca, I am truly happy for everyone who receives IEMs in the exchange program. I'm also very happy that you are enjoying the IEMs. Like you, I want to achieve some finality to the whole Geek Wave debacle. I have lost complete interest in the Wave... even if it ever gets produced, it would have to be THE FIRST in a whole new generation of audio devices to merit the length of time Larry has had to work on it... I think it is now overly apparent that Larry is no audio genius; instead, he is a flimflam artist and a lowly thief. So, even if his IEM's provide pleasant and enjoyable listening (and I believe that they do based on your post), he alone has irreparably damaged his own brand (Light Harmonic and any other spin-off he claims) forever. I am willing to exchange my investment in the non-existant Wave for existing IEMs, but I would never, ever separately buy a product from Larry's "company" or invest in any more start up projects he is involved in. I hope you have a great holiday season.

Dec 24, 2020 at 9:57 PM Post #5,817 of 5,933
I jumped on the exchange program as soon as it was offered and received my Mera about 3 weeks ago. Frankly, I was surprised at the packaging and build quality as both were quite nice. The phones are all-day comfortable with my own tips and the sound is warm with no sibilance or readily noticeable sonic artifacts. While certainly not a technical monitor, it does provide a decent listen.
Bottom line is that I felt it was better to own something rather than nothing. I do NOT have warm fuzzy feelings toward LH Audio after the Wave debacle!

Dec 30, 2020 at 4:56 PM Post #5,818 of 5,933
I just signed up for the exchange. I’m cashing all out now, no point waiting for anything anymore. TOTL Wave won’t even compete with the new Ibasso DX300 that’s half it’s price. There’s no point waiting anymore.

For those who have done it how easy was it? They are asking for PayPal receipts but I’m having trouble figuring out how to get records that far back from PayPal, so I sent screenshots of my orders via Indiegogo, hopefully that’s enough.

Dec 30, 2020 at 7:57 PM Post #5,819 of 5,933
I just signed up for the exchange. I’m cashing all out now, no point waiting for anything anymore. TOTL Wave won’t even compete with the new Ibasso DX300 that’s half it’s price. There’s no point waiting anymore.

For those who have done it how easy was it? They are asking for PayPal receipts but I’m having trouble figuring out how to get records that far back from PayPal, so I sent screenshots of my orders via Indiegogo, hopefully that’s enough.

I just sent the I'd numbers from the Indiegogo campaign page. I do like the Mera IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back