Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Dec 15, 2019 at 8:05 PM Post #5,566 of 5,933
On John Darko's decade summary YouTube Video "2010-2019: Ch-ch-changes!" He observes DAPs appear to have come and are going already.

He's been saying this for a long time and he's not necessarily "wrong". I also don't think USB Dongles will fully take over either, (in part) because of the charging port issue. Probably wireless headphones will take over everything. I could add some more thoughts on that but I'm not at a convenient PC right now. Love Darko, btw!

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2019 at 8:15 PM Post #5,567 of 5,933
Great! The 500th finishing up the chassis / PCB fitting. One of the really dumb things is that they are on the Wave-5 or 6 or something like that. The biggest problem being that they have never put ANY generation of the Wave into production. Makes it really hard to make a profit on this DAP. I still think that Larry wants to build the Wave but it is never Perfect and he never fixes the design parameters and keeps on changing and "improving" it. As long as it sounds great and works reasonably well and reliably I (and I think most here) would be happy to finally receive our Waves.

J.P.

Dec 15, 2019 at 9:07 PM Post #5,568 of 5,933
Great! The 500th finishing up the chassis / PCB fitting. One of the really dumb things is that they are on the Wave-5 or 6 or something like that. The biggest problem being that they have never put ANY generation of the Wave into production. Makes it really hard to make a profit on this DAP. I still think that Larry wants to build the Wave but it is never Perfect and he never fixes the design parameters and keeps on changing and "improving" it. As long as it sounds great and works reasonably well and reliably I (and I think most here) would be happy to finally receive our Waves.

J.P.

I personally would not be happy to receive a Wave. I already have not just one but at least a couple of devices that will serve the equivalent purpose: (1) A Pono, an excellent crowdfunded DAP delivered on budget and on time; (2) My phone, which can play full resolution (RedBook or hi res) files from either my local collection or a streaming service in the car, on walks, or while traveling. I have no need or desire for an utterly redundant DAP in the unlikely event LH would ever make one and send it to the crowdfunders from 5 years ago.

I want a refund.

Dec 16, 2019 at 6:27 AM Post #5,569 of 5,933
I personally would not be happy to receive a Wave. I already have not just one but at least a couple of devices that will serve the equivalent purpose: (1) A Pono, an excellent crowdfunded DAP delivered on budget and on time; (2) My phone, which can play full resolution (RedBook or hi res) files from either my local collection or a streaming service in the car, on walks, or while traveling. I have no need or desire for an utterly redundant DAP in the unlikely event LH would ever make one and send it to the crowdfunders from 5 years ago.

I want a refund.
I am like you , no need anymore for an other device.
When you think about the speed of change in this industry. 5 Years is several centuries ....

Geewave is vaporware and shame on the LH lab name ...

Dec 16, 2019 at 9:29 AM Post #5,570 of 5,933
@judmarc and jean-michel6, like you and probably many others, I don't need another DAP either... But can any of us really ever have too many doorstops or paper weights???....

@wingsounds, the excuse that Larry is a perfectionist and is unable to finalize the Wave due to his need/obsession to make infinite "improvements" may have been believable 4 yrs ago, but I think it's pretty clear now that this is nothing more than a total fabrication and always has been. I don't believe Larry has the brains/skills to ever build the Wave, and now he has no money either... The Wave was a fantasy in 2014 built on lies and greed... Nothing more, nothing less... Just look at all the Chinese companies that are now able to sell DAPs for <$200 that have bluetooth capability and Larry just "figured out" how to get this to work on the Wave in October 2019.... Good grief!

Dec 19, 2019 at 4:25 PM Post #5,571 of 5,933
Dec 21, 2019 at 12:13 AM Post #5,573 of 5,933
For Chinese reading members or someone able to use the translator

https://zhuanlan.zhihu.com/p/70374166

I had to download the page and remove the Javascript before I could run it through a computer, but the summary is:

Outline:

For your convenience, here is an overview of the major deeds of this bad company:

------ 1. Geek Wave, a crowdfunding million-dollar player, has so far been silent

------ 2. The core product Da Vinci has a yield rate of nearly 0% and cannot be resolved after sale

------ 3. Routines were spotted in the US hifi circle, one shot for another place, the target turned to the Chinese market

------ 4. Earplug stella relies on plagiarism, exhibition design plagiarizes other company's creativity

------ 5. Arrears in arrears, deduction of employees' wages, old habits

So the Da Vinci DAC was junk. Would have been a good forewarning if people had known that before giving them money.

Dec 22, 2019 at 4:55 PM Post #5,574 of 5,933
So the Da Vinci DAC was junk. Would have been a good forewarning if people had known that before giving them money.

That information you are repeating is false. LH's Chinese office is aware of that post/page from 6 months ago, and it was already addressed in the Chinese market. The information came from a bad actor in Shanghai. The fail rate in the world market is is actually extremely low and we've sold 10 in China this year alone. We only have one in the office right now, swapping from a 120v to a 240v and that customer is actually thinking about upgrading to a Mk II version. Thanks.

Dec 22, 2019 at 5:25 PM Post #5,575 of 5,933
Quite frankly who cares whether your nefarious boss produces junk DACs or not, as it’s blatantly obvious to ALL your crowdfunding backers that LH Labs was a sham company setup to defraud backers. The proof is in delivery of malfunctioning products - my Pulse has never worked properly - and the perpetual stalling supposedly improving vapourware components.

That information you are repeating is false. LH's Chinese office is aware of that post/page from 6 months ago, and it was already addressed in the Chinese market. The information came from a bad actor in Shanghai. The fail rate in the world market is is actually extremely low and we've sold 10 in China this year alone. We only have one in the office right now, swapping from a 120v to a 240v and that customer is actually thinking about upgrading to a Mk II version. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 22, 2019 at 6:28 PM Post #5,577 of 5,933
People keep posting about them, so they must care. You may want to ask them why they care or why they keep talking about the DACs.

It always seems to surprise scammers that people who've been swindled care about it.

Dec 22, 2019 at 6:38 PM Post #5,579 of 5,933
Hold up there, boss. I never stated or indicated I was surprised. The OTHER poster asked that question. I simply referred the questioner to the people who kept talking about it.

So as LH/L's consumer rep, you could have been helpful and answered the question, but chose not to?

Dec 22, 2019 at 6:41 PM Post #5,580 of 5,933
So as LH/L's consumer rep, you could have been helpful and answered the question, but chose not to?

I was under the impression this entire conversation and questioning over people talking about DACs was completely rhetorical in nature. Is that not the case?

I mean, this is a pretty knowledgeable answer from the OP who originally asked or stated the question or statement we are currently discussing:

1. Well of course backers want to know where their monies have gone and why there’s been no tangible DAP (not even a prototype) after 5 years of obfuscation and utter nonsense from Larry Ho Ho Ho - he’s laughing all the way to the bank having suckered fellow audiophiles to back his bull.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back