Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Nov 7, 2018 at 10:03 PM Post #4,786 of 5,933
The reviewers of The Headphone List have talked it over, and I will indeed be reviewing Stella. Even @doctorjazz is for it, who, like many of you, lost a lot of money on The Wave project.

I will still be returning Stella afterword, but my review will not be an attempt to demonize Light Harmonic. Nor will it be an attempt to vindicate them. After looking deeper into the situation, I've found no evidence LH did anything illegal or morally questionable (well, some of the advertising...). Though they've clearly mismanaged a lot, including customer service. We all hope this offshoot company can do better on that front.

That said, I am open to further evidence or debate. But so far, no one has even attempted to prove wrong-doing, not even Ken Bell. Yet they sure have no end of accusations.

The Headphone List is behind me on this. If a piece of gear is good, people should know about it. That is a reviewer's true duty.

If this was a pre-order deal, LH's track record would be much more important to the decision. But since anyone can buy Stella, right now, the only proper audiophile question is whether or not it's good.
:)

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2018 at 12:33 AM Post #4,788 of 5,933
The reviewers of The Headphone List have talked it over, and I will indeed be reviewing Stella.

ANYTHING for clicks evidently.

After looking deeper into the situation, I've found no evidence LH did anything illegal or morally questionable

You didn't look too deeply then. You keep speaking of evidence and proof as if this is some sort of court of law, where you will act as judge trial and jury. No one owes you any sort of evidence, proof, or compelling explanation of anything.

I truly hope that absolutely no one clicks on your precious little "review".

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2018 at 12:53 AM Post #4,789 of 5,933
There are internal discussions on-going on how best to handle the situation I'm not at liberty to talk about publicly. Hopefully the issue gets resolved soon.

Why backers not involved it's not his own business and now backers money vanished before fulfilled all the outstanding order? as some backers mentioned using Stella or maybe HD music download voucher for the perks backed, gives people a way out or even drop the less marketable products (if parts, PCB and chassis not yet order and still in Prototype stage), drop as much burden as possible if Larry Ho want to leave the nightmare fast and go on and keep focus on WAVE

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2018 at 12:59 AM Post #4,790 of 5,933
Okay, I've got no skin in the game, but I have written code related to the USB audio protocol and mobile product development in general.

Just to reiterate: The USB side of things is not the issue.They are having trouble for Linux with the Bluetooth music and apt X. And also wifi transmission speed for high res music playback.

Again, they're having internal discussions on the best course of action to fix this.

Nov 8, 2018 at 7:11 AM Post #4,791 of 5,933
Why backers not involved it's not his own business and now backers money vanished before fulfilled all the outstanding order? as some backers mentioned using Stella or maybe HD music download voucher for the perks backed, gives people a way out or even drop the less marketable products (if parts, PCB and chassis not yet order and still in Prototype stage), close as much burden as possible if Larry Ho want to leave the nightmare fast, and keep focus on WAVE
They have already produced the DAC and distributed it to some people but not to all.
So, even with something they have made a production model of has failed to deliver.

Nov 8, 2018 at 7:56 AM Post #4,792 of 5,933
I have been searching classifieds for a used top Sony or AK DAP, and for a Yggy, bit haven't pulled the trigger yet, holding out hope something would materialize from LH labs...

Nov 8, 2018 at 8:29 AM Post #4,793 of 5,933
Nov 8, 2018 at 12:09 PM Post #4,794 of 5,933
I have been searching classifieds for a used top Sony or AK DAP, and for a Yggy, bit haven't pulled the trigger yet, holding out hope something would materialize from LH labs...

I hit my head against the wall to make myself smarter...... Some day it'll work. I'm sure by then i'll have the Wave.

Nov 8, 2018 at 12:16 PM Post #4,795 of 5,933
If this was a pre-order deal, LH's track record would be much more important to the decision. But since anyone can buy Stella, right now, the only proper audiophile question is whether or not it's good.

What about their track record of support for their products..... Wait I mean no support at ALL. Got a broken item from LHL well we're SOL cause there is nothing. It's well over 12 months since I asked for support on my Pulse and there is no help in sight.

People might want to know about that before they waste their money on anything from this company. Good luck if anything is wrong with it.

Unless of course it's only us that they screw over, only stole 6 million from us, why give a %&*% about us anymore.

But sure there's no evidence LH did anything illegal or morally questionable. It was only LHL that did it all.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2018 at 2:33 PM Post #4,796 of 5,933
We aren't here to sell Stella, we aren't a paid sponsor on here, and honestly, the conversation is probably too volatile to host on Head-Fi. We can't make a Stella thread on Head-Fi and we're not even sure we would want to.

Way to go, Light Harmonics screwed the pooch on the free worlds largest audio website and still trolling for crocodile tears. How about sending me a Tesla Amp instead of the S100 I paid for 4 years ago?

BTW: I have a Lightspeed Revive if you're interested.

Nov 11, 2018 at 2:56 PM Post #4,797 of 5,933
right now, the only proper audiophile question is whether or not it's good.

Actually the only proper question is how to Block your reviews. Until I figure it out, we'll simply ignore. Too bad, because I enjoyed several of them.

I have no interest reading reviews from someone who has such a low opinion of their fellow audiophiles they would even think about reviewing Light Harmonics gear. There's enough gear from other competent, customer oriented, small & startup manufacturers to satisfy your curiosities. Light Harmonics had their moment in the sun, royally screwed their customers and no shortage of finger pointing 4 years later. Many readers here were left in the cold by Light Harmonics and continue to be played for fools. They don't deserve to be insulted by your shameless approach to reviewing.

Good luck reviewing a product from a 0. At least you've revealed your standards to review anything. But, I guess the old addage - don't try to teach principles to those who don't have any - applies here.

Nov 12, 2018 at 8:43 PM Post #4,798 of 5,933
Unfortunately, it's not just the Wave that's at risk for us perker heads. In addition to the Wave, it's some of the Vi Tube DAC in all forms still MIA, Source in all forms still MIA, Amps, Preamps, etc. We sure hope that at least something comes out of all this.

Nov 13, 2018 at 2:16 AM Post #4,800 of 5,933
A Hiby R6? But I'm perfectly fine w/ my LG V20 right now. Will use the money to buy a desktop amp for my Pulse like a Liquid Platinum + LPS perhaps. Or not, save a little for something more.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back