Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Jan 6, 2019 at 5:22 PM Post #4,891 of 5,933
My understanding is that this failed on all levels of the company. I'm sure none expected this fiasco.

This is not possible given that you said earlier "the buck had to or should have stopped somewhere and it apparently didn't, much to the regret of Larry"

They knew what was going on, which more and more points to negligent and, most likely, fraudulent business practices.

In addition, you say "By the time they found out, they were probably already too deep to pull out"

This implies that they spent like crazy on who knows what (other campaigns, sending money upstream to Light Harmonic, who knows). If they were in too deep that they couldn't back out with refunds, then the whole perking up thing was just multi-level marketing...a "scheme"

You are hinting at way more than a fiasco...way more!

Jan 6, 2019 at 5:25 PM Post #4,892 of 5,933
Ahhh.... now the Larry-wasn't-aware-of-all story pops up again. Really? We are talking about a handful of people company hence I really doubt that he is/was innocent and pretty know what kind of perks were offered.

Really do not understand why you continue with this BS, Jarek.

Accepting or not accepting that answer at this point doesn't really affect whether the merchandise will be delivered or not. From what I'm told, the manufacturing isn't an issue. It's the software at this point. We'll see.

As far as anyone holding out hope on getting a Wave....that's a personal decision. No one would fault you for moving on and getting something to hold you over or to keep after you receive/sell Wave. Obviously Larry continues to develop and work towards delivery. Whether the fact that no timeline really exists at this point is up to the individual to accept as acceptable or not.

Jan 6, 2019 at 5:38 PM Post #4,893 of 5,933
How can he continue to develop if no money is left?
Really asking myself how Larry got his MBA.

At a certain point he should step back, face the truth/reality and clear the air with us. Sadly this point is way passed.
He is just dishonest with no respect to us who "backed" him.

Jan 6, 2019 at 5:43 PM Post #4,894 of 5,933
Accepting or not accepting that answer at this point doesn't really affect whether the merchandise will be delivered or not. From what I'm told, the manufacturing isn't an issue. It's the software at this point. We'll see.

As far as anyone holding out hope on getting a Wave....that's a personal decision. No one would fault you for moving on and getting something to hold you over or to keep after you receive/sell Wave. Obviously Larry continues to develop and work towards delivery. Whether the fact that no timeline really exists at this point is up to the individual to accept as acceptable or not.

In terms of moving on...that is the strategy isn't it...wait for ages and hope people will forget and not care....then a survey will go out after years seeing if anyone is interested or not...LH will be hoping not as the units will be out of date, and bang, LH can write off that unit.

Why it be up to the individual to accept if a timeline exists or not? LH should be the one to put one out...but of course, reading between the lines as you said to do, there is no timeline; that is the strategy! Larry will be given small amounts of funds from the "investor" to make a few units here and there and that's it. Larry is not calling the shots in his own company anymore is he?

Jan 6, 2019 at 5:46 PM Post #4,895 of 5,933
"the manufacturing isn't an issue. It's the software at this point"

Jarek

I realise you are referring to the Wave here, however there are many backers also waiting on massively overdue products such as ViDac, Source, etc.

Would you mind commenting on what is delaying these?

I think some of these other campaigns are even older than the Wave campaign.

Jan 6, 2019 at 5:51 PM Post #4,896 of 5,933
"the manufacturing isn't an issue. It's the software at this point"

Why is this even believable Jarek? If all manufacturing guns were a-blazin' and ready to go, it makes so sense to not have put out an update ages ago to say so....that would have been the first positive news in YEARS. But no, just rumours "told" to you, hence you always say "YMMV"

I don't believe a word of it. Nothing personal, of course.

Reading between the lines again, if the other original leaders had an integral part in the "fiasco", why has Larry not come out and said what roles were played by whom? Or is there some sort of "gentlemen's agreement" with the original cast of characters and IGG?

Jan 6, 2019 at 6:39 PM Post #4,897 of 5,933
So, Jarek, can you be real clear here? I still don't understand what you are trying to tell us about the Wave. First, you either state or imply (or maybe I just inferred it?) that LH Labs is short on capital and no money is left from the IGG campaigns. Then you tell us that manufacturing is not the hold up, but the software is?? And the software may be completed by March (I assume 2019)? Then what? It sounds like you are saying the Waves can be manufactured once the software is completed... How is this even possible, unless you are talking about 1-2 Waves being produced a month for the next X number of yrs?...It sounds to me that Larry is not really capable of finishing the software by himself and apparently there is no other human on the planet that can help him, either... It seems he has already been thru several software experts, and no completion yet. And then, in addition, there will be no retail market for the Wave? So basically, it will be an orphaned product with limited hope for any kind of real customer service? And now the recommendation we are getting is to buy another DAP to get us thru, when the Wave was supposed to be our "No compromise, portable music player". Yikes! It is clearly time for Larry to step up, no wait... man up and come clean! There is absolutely no reason that I can see for anyone to even hope a Wave will come his/her way, so I don't see why we keep getting subtle mixed messages from you. Please explain.

Jan 6, 2019 at 6:55 PM Post #4,899 of 5,933
@stuck limo, you need to step away from the keyboard. You are providing ZERO helpful information on this site (or any other for that matter), and are merely making people mad. Maybe you enjoy that.
BTW - are you doing this out of the goodness of your heart? How are you being paid?

Jan 6, 2019 at 7:18 PM Post #4,900 of 5,933
I just had a conversation with Larry last night. Software angle is being worked on now. Hopefully by March it will be done but there's no official announcement on anything yet. When something hard gets passed onto me, I'll post it.

As I have said from previous post. Since they are working on Android. They can:
1. Deliver us with Android/Play Store installed, and choose the player we like (UAPP, Neutron MP, HibyMusic etc.). PureOS will come later once finished thru firmware update.

2. Have Larry contact Davy of UAPP and have them support it. WAVE comes with Android + UAPP and PlayStore. PureOS will come later via firmware update when it is available.

Jan 6, 2019 at 7:32 PM Post #4,902 of 5,933
So, Jarek, can you be real clear here? I still don't understand what you are trying to tell us about the Wave. First, you either state or imply (or maybe I just inferred it?) that LH Labs is short on capital and no money is left from the IGG campaigns. Then you tell us that manufacturing is not the hold up, but the software is?? And the software may be completed by March (I assume 2019)? Then what? It sounds like you are saying the Waves can be manufactured once the software is completed... How is this even possible, unless you are talking about 1-2 Waves being produced a month for the next X number of yrs?...It sounds to me that Larry is not really capable of finishing the software by himself and apparently there is no other human on the planet that can help him, either... It seems he has already been thru several software experts, and no completion yet. And then, in addition, there will be no retail market for the Wave? So basically, it will be an orphaned product with limited hope for any kind of real customer service? And now the recommendation we are getting is to buy another DAP to get us thru, when the Wave was supposed to be our "No compromise, portable music player". Yikes! It is clearly time for Larry to step up, no wait... man up and come clean! There is absolutely no reason that I can see for anyone to even hope a Wave will come his/her way, so I don't see why we keep getting subtle mixed messages from you. Please explain.

I know as much as you do. Everything I know I have explained. Money exists but almost all of it is from Light Harmonic at this point. The money is being used sparingly and according to priority level, etc. (how that level is determined, I'm not involved with)

If someone needs a player now to play music on, and does not want to wait, I highly advise buying another product. There are many fine players out there.
If someone is OK with waiting on the Wave, that's their decision and I'll make more announcements as I get them.

Jan 6, 2019 at 7:45 PM Post #4,903 of 5,933
"Money exists but almost all of it is from Light Harmonic at this point"
-How much money?

"The money is being used sparingly and according to priority level, etc."
-Tell Larry, or whoever is running the company, that they need to tell you, otherwise it is safe to assume Light Harmonic could care less about backers.

"I highly advise buying another product."
-Sad..and shows that there is not going to be a solution for a long, long time

Jarek, you realize how stupid it looks to be told the software is being written...this has been the same story for ages now. The so-called beta boards for the Wave were received Feb 2 of last year....and the software still is not done.

As you know, I'm not ok with waiting years for the Wave...it is already 4.5 and it is not looking good for anything now. I'm still asking for a refund, and will continue to do so. In light of all the info posted here today, I can't say I trust anything you are told to post. And your silence on the questions asked here today speaks volumes about the integrity and ethics of your employer (no offense to you intended).

It is probably high time backers contact the Light Harmonic Advisory Board to try and put some pressure on its nonsensical management, but who knows, maybe they are advising Larry already :wink:

h*tp://lightharmonic.com/about/

Ravi Shah (Google), Ali Javidan (Google, Tesla Motors), Peter Duminy (BBC, Stax, B&W)

Jan 6, 2019 at 7:55 PM Post #4,904 of 5,933
Jan 6, 2019 at 7:55 PM Post #4,905 of 5,933
Jarek, I think you must be an evil joker. With EVERY post that you have ever posted. For instance and of late:
"Accepting or not accepting that answer at this point doesn't really affect whether the merchandise will be delivered or not. From what I'm told, the manufacturing isn't an issue. It's the software at this point. We'll see." .... Every LHL campaign makes clear over these years that lies are constant and problems are beyond comprehension and are NOT just software. How about the years gone by AND the employees come and gone AND the promises made over years and never fulfilled AND the lack of honest communication AND the lack of money left for at least this last year or more AND the lack of parts in house AND the lack of employees AND the lack of contracted manufacturer AND the many trips to Asia without any progress AND the fact that there are too many variations of this product to ever be viable or possible to build and ship AND the many changes in billing, invoices, marketplace, etc., AND the obvious fact that Larry changes priorities from one campaign to another over and over without shipping much of anything in years AND
"I just had a conversation with Larry last night. Software angle is being worked on now." Same news for years and no proof ever.
Shall I continue?
Well, that whole "blame the victim" talk like "accepting or not accepting that answer at this point doesn't really affect ..." is just messed up.
I should stop. My blood pressure and all.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back