Light Harmonic Geek Wave
Jul 24, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #2,296 of 5,933
Thankfully, no. Sorry to hear about this. Did they not ask if you wanted to downgrade to the 64?

Jul 24, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #2,297 of 5,933
  I got a note from Gina yesterday evening. Apparently they don't want to produce the Wave 128 single ended. She basically told me that I would need to come up with $130 to go to the X (balanced) but that I would get some free upgrades.

Quote:
.   We have been in close communication With our Production house and have had to limit our PCB boards to a few select models. With this in mind, we had to pick the model with the lowest amount of backers....   (me and my NON X Wave 128)
Customer Happiness Team is offering the “Jitter-Free WiFi”  new ESS DAC Chip, and “Bluetooth” option for FREE! As a show of our appreciation for your continued support.

Of course in my case I had already paid for all of the "free" items they are throwing in. It came to approximately $224 for those items. Including  the standalone DAC option, which seems  as though it also will be standard on the X. I am sure lots of others did the same thing, but now it looks like everyone gets those "perks"  and an upgrade to the X for $130. Anyway, I guess that I got screwed. Had I not in the PerkMania mode. I could have waited, paid the $130 for the upgrade from Wave 128 to 128X, and saved myself  enough to pay for some decent IEMs...

What is curious is, I paid the $130 in May for the upgrade to the X, but even though I did it through a ticket and paid a PayPal invoice that they issued, it seems that they had no record of the transaction.
At least, when I sent her the Paypal receipt, she replied back quickly that I was good to go.

Has anyone else gotten one of these nice notes from the customer happiness team and LHL ??

I had one the other day asking me to upgrade my Wave 32, which I had already done back in December to a 64. Just like yours when I pointed this out they said it was no problem and sorry for the incorrect note. I think they just do pulls of lists to send these types of emails, but unfortunately the lists haven't been updated with the relevant upgrades. Cheers 

Jul 24, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #2,300 of 5,933
No, but I am in the same overpayment spot. I got the fully tricked out Wave, going for all the "perks"...if I just waited, I'd have spent considerably less on the final product offered (think I will have some things that won't be in the production model, but a quite a cost). Try not to think about it...

Jul 24, 2015 at 2:51 PM Post #2,301 of 5,933

I guess their idea of a solution only goes in one direction....

Well, if they allowed a downgrade, it would be only right that the refund the difference. They will not do refunds.  So, nowhere to go but up. I wonder what they do with people that refuse to pay more money. Not sure how they could push it as they agreed to supply a given product. If they never make that product, and will not give refunds... where does it leave those folks?  Screwed is my guess.

Fortunately for me I had decided to go with an X awhile back. It took about 4 months of going back and forth with different people to actually get someone to tell me how to do it.
If I was going through this now, I would push to have the excess that I paid for perks that are now free applied to the upgrade. But, I paid for the upgrade before anyone knew that they were going to be giving away items that lots of folks paid for.

On a more positive note, I did get my Pulse X Infinity yesterday. This makes me feel a little better about LHL. Though that was not without its struggles either.

Jul 24, 2015 at 3:03 PM Post #2,302 of 5,933
  Well, if they allowed a downgrade, it would be only right that the refund the difference. They will not do refunds.  So, nowhere to go but up. I wonder what they do with people that refuse to pay more money. Not sure how they could push it as they agreed to supply a given product. If they never make that product, and will not give refunds... where does it leave those folks?  Screwed is my guess.

What goes around comes around.

Jul 24, 2015 at 3:04 PM Post #2,303 of 5,933
Sure, waiting for my Wave, Source, and Vi Tube infinity. Have handed over my first born to them...

Jul 24, 2015 at 4:26 PM Post #2,305 of 5,933
Sure, waiting for my Wave, Source, and Vi Tube infinity. Have handed over my first born to them...

Maybe you should have kept your first born, so he/she could enjoy the Wave, Source, and Vi Tube Infinity that you will be leaving behind....

Ahhh, if I only could have...:D

Jul 24, 2015 at 5:12 PM Post #2,306 of 5,933

Fortunately for me I had decided to go with an X awhile back. It took about 4 months of going back and forth with different people to actually get someone to tell me how to do it.
If I was going through this now, I would push to have the excess that I paid for perks that are now free applied to the upgrade. But, I paid for the upgrade before anyone knew that they were going to be giving away items that lots of folks paid for.

On a more positive note, I did get my Pulse X Infinity yesterday. This makes me feel a little better about LHL. Though that was not without its struggles either.

You should definitely push to have the cost of the stuff that is now free applied to your balanced upgrade instead. That would only be fair. why the heck would it be fair that you backed them early in good faith and have to pay 224 more for the same thing other backers are getting? Plus you gave them the money a year ago. What.

Jul 24, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #2,307 of 5,933
If they didn't have that $130 for the X upgrade, I think I would have had a better chance. Now that they have it, I think I am out of luck. I don't believe I have heard of many, if anyone, that actually got money back form them.
I wonder if there is some other kind of upgrade (SE, or Infinity) that I might talk them into for the difference. I just really do not expect them to give cash back...

Jul 24, 2015 at 5:29 PM Post #2,308 of 5,933
I got my money back without a problem. 

Gina contacted me to tell me that my Wave 32 will not be produced and suggested me a 100$ upgrade to Wave 64 with many "free" extras. As I am not interested in a DAP anymore and thus don't want to spend more money on that, I asked her to cancel my Wave 32 order completely. I got my money back on the same day through paypal.
Gina replied very fast and kind to my emails. 
The next order I want to cancel now is this damn Verb IEM, don't know why on earth I ordered that. However I am afraid that won't be possible as the Verb is still produced. I guess that refunds are only possible for products that are not being produced by them anymore, thus if you refuse to upgrade, what else can they do than refund the money back?      

Jul 25, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #2,309 of 5,933
Was the original campaign crowd designed? i thought they started as crows funding and that morphed into a crowd design. i thought they were complicating things too much- still somehow i contributed to like 5 different products. talking about compulsive buying-genius compaign however - dont think they will come up with that level of success again. i will never contribute to an lh campaign again.

They definitely moved the bar, Maelob.  Their "crowd design" spin was shoehorned into the campaign as they realized they could keep their promises. 

Jul 26, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #2,310 of 5,933
On a positive note, I was also contacted regarding the Wave 32 upgrade, which I had upgraded to X 128 before the whole fiasco. Turns out I will receive the wifi and bluetooth perks even though I hadn't paid for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back