Life span of custom IEMs?
Nov 6, 2009 at 9:30 PM Post #2 of 9
They last as long as you want them to last, more abuse less lifespan. Warranty is probably only 1-2 years. You can get them refit from the same company if you want.

Nov 6, 2009 at 9:32 PM Post #3 of 9
Generally you get one or two years worth of warranty. Anything else and you'll most likely have to pay for any repairs or if the damage/issue is not covered by warranty (cables, user damage, etc) you'll have to pay for it period. As far as refits down the line go, unless you have something setup with the company at the beginning they will most likely charge you. IIRC at least one of the younger persons with a JH13 has gotten an agreement that if their IEMs don't fit anymore (because of growth) that they'll get a refit.

Of course these may be on a case to case basis depending on the company. If you're lucky they'll be in a good mood and help you out for free.

Nov 6, 2009 at 9:38 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by aegid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Generally you get one or two years worth of warranty. Anything else and you'll most likely have to pay for any repairs or if the damage/issue is not covered by warranty (cables, user damage, etc) you'll have to pay for it period. As far as refits down the line go, unless you have something setup with the company at the beginning they will most likely charge you. IIRC at least one of the younger persons with a JH13 has gotten an agreement that if their IEMs don't fit anymore (because of growth) that they'll get a refit.

Of course these may be on a case to case basis depending on the company. If you're lucky they'll be in a good mood and help you out for free.

This is what I'm worried about - growth leading to a refit. Semi-seriously considering JH5s but I'm only 20 and I'm worried my ears will still change in a few years. Any chance you know the details on how he got an agreement with JHA?

Nov 6, 2009 at 9:41 PM Post #5 of 9
if you have to ask, you can't afford it. i think thats the way it goes
wink.gif

Nov 6, 2009 at 10:04 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by migsev /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is what I'm worried about - growth leading to a refit. Semi-seriously considering JH5s but I'm only 20 and I'm worried my ears will still change in a few years. Any chance you know the details on how he got an agreement with JHA?

Best bet is to ask them directly. They know what they are doing and will tell you if your ears will change.

Nov 6, 2009 at 10:53 PM Post #8 of 9
Get the ones that has detachable cables like the UE custom series. Normally the drivers will not break unless you hit them hard with a brick or spoil liquid on it~

Nov 6, 2009 at 11:53 PM Post #9 of 9
yea every damned headphone i've broken seems to have been done in at the cord/socket areas, the soldered or whatever connections at those areas gets damaged with movement/use over time it seems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back