Life after Yggdrasil?
Oct 4, 2017 at 8:22 AM Post #1,201 of 1,366
Heck, since I have already spent half the kids college fund, why not drop the other half on a vinyl rig also
I hope you let what you said here sink in. If the first part of the sentence is true, you have a problem and need to deal with it. Don't squander your savings or your kid's/kids' future on this ridiculous hobby.

Oct 4, 2017 at 8:26 AM Post #1,202 of 1,366
Wyrd and USB 5 I don’t get it? Did Schiit just figure out that their USB was deficient? What does this thing do really for 150$.

Forget decrapifiers, regenerators, isolators, and all the USB dongles and boxes you’ve been told you need for USB sound. Our all-new Gen 5 USB input doesn’t require any of that stuff. It’s this simple: Gen 5 is USB, solved.

The new Gen 5 USB input board features:

1. Electromagnetic and electrostatic isolation using transformer coupling.
2. Self-power by the DAC for the critical low-noise re-clocking and latching sections.
3. Precision local clocks for both 44.1 and 48k multiples.

I know folks are struggling for the boards and boxes like micro rendu, power like lps, now Gen 5 while it’s nice to upgrade what’s really going on here.

Oct 4, 2017 at 9:59 AM Post #1,203 of 1,366
I hope you let what you said here sink in. If the first part of the sentence is true, you have a problem and need to deal with it. Don't squander your savings or your kid's/kids' future on this ridiculous hobby.

No worries and thanks for the concern, but there is plenty of disposable income in my household. Also, my children are still a decade away from university. I was only equating the dollar amount to a known quantity (ie college tuition).

Oct 4, 2017 at 10:04 AM Post #1,204 of 1,366
No worries and thanks for the concern, but there is plenty of disposable income in my household. Also, my children are still a decade away from university. I was only equating the dollar amount to a known quantity (ie college tuition).

Fair enough. Besides, these are your money, right? :ksc75smile:

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Oct 4, 2017 at 10:04 AM Post #1,205 of 1,366
Wyrd and USB 5 I don’t get it? Did Schiit just figure out that their USB was deficient? What does this thing do really for 150$.

I know folks are struggling for the boards and boxes like micro rendu, power like lps, now Gen 5 while it’s nice to upgrade what’s really going on here.

The value I see is if you are in the market for a used Yggy. When you send it in for the upgrade, Schiit gives it the once over and installs the new board. Then they slap a 2 year warranty on the whole thing and since you purchased the Yggy used and lost the original warranty, you now have 40% of a full warranty and a USB upgrade for a somewhat affordable price

Oct 4, 2017 at 10:26 AM Post #1,206 of 1,366
id do it if i had a yggy

Oct 5, 2017 at 10:31 AM Post #1,210 of 1,366
Like death and taxes.....? :triportsad:................................................................................................................................................:ksc75smile:

In Poland we have this saying that these are the only two certain things in life:ksc75smile:

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Oct 19, 2017 at 10:35 PM Post #1,211 of 1,366

Forget decrapifiers, regenerators, isolators, and all the USB dongles and boxes you’ve been told you need for USB sound. Our all-new Gen 5 USB input doesn’t require any of that stuff. It’s this simple: Gen 5 is USB, solved.

The new Gen 5 USB input board features:

1. Electromagnetic and electrostatic isolation using transformer coupling.
2. Self-power by the DAC for the critical low-noise re-clocking and latching sections.
3. Precision local clocks for both 44.1 and 48k multiples.

It seems like it.
I have one word.
XMOS

I just found this thread after much searching on high end DAC comparisons.

Interesting that the Yggdrasil sits atop some peoples thrones, one day I'd like to audition one for myself. It could change my mind on Schiit DAC's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 25, 2017 at 5:07 PM Post #1,212 of 1,366
I listened to Sennheiser HE-1 the other day, with for some shop-reason Auralic streamer/dac going XLR3 to the HE-1. I experienced alot of micro details in the music I brought which I dont get with my Yggy - V281 - LCD4, and Im wondering why. offcourse, we cant compare a 60k system to my system, but Im starting to wonder if the Yggy is missing the micro details. Though, the 3D perspecive and punch and engagement is way better on my system than I heard on HE-1 with the Auralic, on that side Im very happy.

Oct 25, 2017 at 5:25 PM Post #1,213 of 1,366
Maybe the differences you heard are due to your Audeze headphones and not the Yggy. :triportsad:

Oct 25, 2017 at 5:30 PM Post #1,214 of 1,366
Maybe the differences you heard are due to your Audeze headphones and not the Yggy. :triportsad:

I thought about that to be honest. Its just like the shop owner told me - you just dont know where to start to look for improvements.

Oct 25, 2017 at 5:31 PM Post #1,215 of 1,366
Let me rephrase. The Yggy is not the problem if you are not hearing microdetail on your system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back