Life after Yggdrasil?
May 7, 2017 at 10:06 PM Post #1,157 of 1,366
I would like to recommend folks to stay away from USB, not because it is not good but AES is way better. I recently upgraded from Logitech Squeezebox Touch to Logitech Transporter to run my Yggy AES to AES and the difference is startling.

Having owned both, AES/EBU is indeed better when using Yggy, but USB sounds better when used with DAVE

May 11, 2017 at 2:40 AM Post #1,163 of 1,366
So after some more back-and-forth between the Dave and the Yggy, I think the Dave may have a hair more resolution. It's hard to quantify, but I'd say it's probably not worth the upgrade unless you just have tons of money to burn.

May 11, 2017 at 11:54 AM Post #1,164 of 1,366
So after some more back-and-forth between the Dave and the Yggy, I think the Dave may have a hair more resolution. It's hard to quantify, but I'd say it's probably not worth the upgrade unless you just have tons of money to burn.

Try listening for a few days to a week with one Dac then the same time with the other dac, pay to attention to how each makes you feel.

Also what are you listening with? Speakers or headphones?

Jul 12, 2017 at 4:05 PM Post #1,167 of 1,366

Was this the only thing the Dave had over the Yggy?
Slightly more resolution? What about bass slam, sub-bass thump, Mid-range presence, soundstaging width, imaging placement & overall fullness to the music?

Jul 19, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #1,169 of 1,366
@Torq

Are you using the Spring DAC straight from PCM native files or have you tried any upsampling to DSD512? If so, what are your thoughts?

Jul 22, 2017 at 2:32 PM Post #1,170 of 1,366
I'm curious if anyone had decided against the Chord Dave (or sold one to move on from it). I'm considering a used one but it's a lot of money so I wanted to hear both sides of the story. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back