LH Labs Verb IEM Impressions Thread
Mar 15, 2015 at 9:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 308

doublea71

Headphoneus Supremus
For debate and discussion of Light Harmonics' new Verb IEM.....will update this post with products specs in the near future - they seem to be unavailable right now when I go onto lhlabs.com and their indiegogo page....for those of you that DO have them, post impressions if you like.

Mar 15, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #3 of 308
Someone suggested a separate thread rather than going off topic in the other LH product threads, which seems like a reasonable request. Does anybody know why they are not available for purchase right now?

Mar 15, 2015 at 11:36 AM Post #5 of 308
Both great points Brian. Cheers

Mar 15, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #6 of 308
I'm curious about what is happening, if anything, with the Xuma iems that have the same shell and cable (though different internal parts). I would imagine they're trying to get that sorted out, too.

Mar 15, 2015 at 12:08 PM Post #7 of 308
  I'm curious about what is happening, if anything, with the Xuma iems that have the same shell and cable (though different internal parts). I would imagine they're trying to get that sorted out, too.

Yep. I actually went ahead and ordered a set of the Xuma's for kicks and will report back on what I find out. Figured there might be a chance of them being taken down from B&H so grabbed a pair while they were still available, and for only $25 is was worth finding out. Don't think I'll tear them apart to see the guts, but will give them a good side-by-side comparison. Cheers 

Mar 15, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #8 of 308
I didn't listen to those yet but I have heard they are the embodiment of LH Labs' forward design philosophy...
biggrin.gif

Mar 15, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #9 of 308
OK, got 2 pairs (red and blue), posted over on Pulse when they first came that they sounded muddy out of the box, connected them to burn in unit for the past 4-5 d. I know many don't believe in burn in, suggest "brain burn in" is responsible, but I didn't listen to these over the time so I wouldn't just acclimate to their sound and get to like it. Going to burn them in more, but they definitely changed character. They have become much more open, detailed, still do have slightly recessed mids but the initial muddiness I didn't like seems to be gone (just a short listen, not my best gear, an iPod Mini into a Denon DA-10 that I'm also burning in), will connect it to my Pono later when I have some time (so far, Pono is the best player I've had in my possession, which includes i devices, Fiio X3, iBasso DX90, HTC One M8 phone, Samsung Ypp-whatever player).
Not a bad buy for the price at all IMO!

Mar 15, 2015 at 9:01 PM Post #11 of 308
I ordered a pair because at the time I had just lost the FInal Audio's I had been using (which I didn't much love) and because of the discount relative to the indicated RRP. However, based on comments in the other thread, I suspect they wont sound any better than the Xiaomi Pistons I currently thrash about it.

I am looking forward to receiving them though!

Mar 15, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #12 of 308
Don't know if my impressions any use to you, since I like the FAD Heaven V, but the VERB is pretty sweet sounding after about 5 days break in. Didn't like it out of the box (see above). Curious what you think (still like the FAD better, btw, but it's not like they're blown away, for what it's worth).

Mar 15, 2015 at 9:43 PM Post #13 of 308
I got a message from LH regarding the VERB - since I have a pair coming I think - that they pulled it off the indiegogo website and placed it somewhere on the LH website as they were going to be released soon to resellers and the indigogo price was introductory and not offered anymore... I wonder what retail (street price) will actually be. I think I ordered red. 
blink.gif

Mar 15, 2015 at 9:51 PM Post #14 of 308
  I got a message from LH regarding the VERB - since I have a pair coming I think - that they pulled it off the indiegogo website and placed it somewhere on the LH website as they were going to be released soon to resellers and the indigogo price was introductory and not offered anymore... I wonder what retail (street price) will actually be. I think I ordered red. 
blink.gif

MSRP is $159

Mar 15, 2015 at 10:21 PM Post #15 of 308
blink.gif

I was going to reply that it's a good thing you got the red ones as they're much better than the black ones IMO, but then I realized that someone might take it seriously and then even put up a survey to see which color they think sounds best! 
basshead.gif
 Kind of reminds me of the time my sister tried to convince us that she could taste differences between the colors of M&M's. 

On another topic, I would definitely agree with the concept of letting your Verbs burn-in for a good long while. They are sounding even better now. I should have guessed this - dynamic drivers in my experience almost always need time to settle-in. My very nice, hand-made Merlin Music Systems TSM-MME's sounded like crap right out of the box - Bobby P had to tell me to settle down while they settled in and boy was he right. The Verbs benefit from this as well. So give them a week or so of burn-in and then take another listen. 

Personally on further listening the Verbs are, as many here have said, still a little heavy on the bass, but not bloated, and a bit recessed on the mids, but not a big V IMHO, a little v, or  a little u. 

Cheers 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back