LH Labs' gorgeous Vi Dac ( Tube + SS outputs )
Mar 10, 2020 at 8:10 AM Post #1,126 of 1,178
https://www.ebay.com/itm/223626659869

Vi DAC Tube with Lundall transformer and V-Cap TFTF, unbelievable, it should be retail unit not Crowdfunded, as no one ever report received CCX other than CCX1

Hercules, I believe rikirk66 may have produced his own CCX modules from blanks. At least I thought I read that somewhere. I also read he pressured Larry very hard to get his Vi.

Mar 10, 2020 at 10:48 AM Post #1,128 of 1,178
oh I missed to see seller ID, but backers already paid for their CCX, but paid twice and made his own?

Only rikirk66 can answer that! Care to share rikirk66?

Mar 10, 2020 at 12:16 PM Post #1,129 of 1,178
Mar 10, 2020 at 7:09 PM Post #1,130 of 1,178
That's my ad. It's clearly stated that I am the only owner (to my knowledge) of the PCB sent to me by Larry Ho. I purchased the transformers and the caps and have them soldered and tested by Deltronics in Chicago. The DAC itself is from the very first batch and there was not and will never be a retail unit as such. I am currently purchasing a balanced head-amp to go with it.

Mar 12, 2020 at 11:10 AM Post #1,132 of 1,178
That's my ad. It's clearly stated that I am the only owner (to my knowledge) of the PCB sent to me by Larry Ho. I purchased the transformers and the caps and have them soldered and tested by Deltronics in Chicago. The DAC itself is from the very first batch and there was not and will never be a retail unit as such. I am currently purchasing a balanced head-amp to go with it.

How you feel after you replaced the VCap and Lundhal Trans? My Vi DAC Tube Signature without Signature Tube stage and CCX#7 seems I never going to hear it’s full potential, it’s the most robust LH Labs product I own so far.....

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2020 at 2:56 PM Post #1,133 of 1,178
How you feel after you replaced the VCap and Lundhal Trans? My Vi DAC Tube Signature without Signature Tube stage and CCX#7 seems I never going to hear it’s full potential, it’s the most robust LH Labs product I own so far.....

At least you got one!

Mar 27, 2020 at 4:21 AM Post #1,134 of 1,178
Update coming.

1585297273992.png

Mar 27, 2020 at 5:04 AM Post #1,137 of 1,178
Well, since I'm up, here's the update. It will be official probably today sometime, depending on when I get some more pictures:

"We have a finalized chassis and 2 fully functioning Vi Tubes in our California office, and they were tested today and tested excellently. We are very pleased with how the Vi Tube turned out and will be soon ordering them from the factory to fulfill the orders.

We will be reviewing our records and getting in touch with backers to verify their shipping addresses and to see how many we need to order from the factory. They are very easy to make and this should alleviate the problems we had in the past with the Vi Tube production and assembly.

The tube output is excellent and very pleasing. The solid state output is perfect as usual. The first two units have been assembled and work great.

We'll update when more information and action is being taken on getting the shipping data from the backers."

(another picture)

1585299858217.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back