LH Labs' gorgeous Vi Dac ( Tube + SS outputs )
Dec 21, 2019 at 7:15 PM Post #1,111 of 1,178
I love this crowd: damned if you do, damned if you don't. No updates and the malcontents piss and moan about no updates. Tell us what you know and the malcontents piss and moan about too much information, lies, whatever. Oh, and it is often the same malcontents either way. One problem is that I get it, at least partly. This whole Gavin Fish / Larry Ho / LH Labs saga has gone on forever with so many reports of progress yet so little actual product shipped.

If you don't want to hear then unsubscribe, and go piss on someone else's parade. If you do want to hear then don't piss all over the messenger - he is only telling us what he knows and nobody, including him, really knows how much or little truth there is in that information. Only Larry really knows what's going on and I'm not entirely sure of that. The only thing that I am sure of is that Larry is a world class incompetent manager.

At this point I consider all LH Labs projects to be a lost cause and if any of us receives anything it will be a miracle. Accept any miracle that comes your way.

J.P.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 21, 2019 at 8:54 PM Post #1,112 of 1,178
Same story recycled all over again, poor show. "We had 5 but 2 are no good", production yield on next "batch" will be higher and "more stable" and after "roughly" 4 weeks (not exact) we will "hopefully" ship out to SE backers.
40% is a pretty poor yield since in May 2017:

We already finished the updates of Vi DAC firmware to 2.0. So the new Vi DAC shipped out will be able to handle DSD256 directly on the Mac via DoP 1.1 protocol.

so was the board redesigned and we are starting from scratch. Is the software being redone? I thought were were only waiting on "cases since the first was not "machinable"

Dec 21, 2019 at 9:43 PM Post #1,113 of 1,178
40% is a pretty poor yield since in May 2017:

We already finished the updates of Vi DAC firmware to 2.0. So the new Vi DAC shipped out will be able to handle DSD256 directly on the Mac via DoP 1.1 protocol.

so was the board redesigned and we are starting from scratch. Is the software being redone? I thought were were only waiting on "cases since the first was not "machinable"

This was specifically regarding the chassis. Nothing was stated or indicated towards the boards.

Dec 22, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #1,116 of 1,178
I try to stay away from the conversation here, but when I read things like the post in above, well there's nothing to be amused about.

The only reason why I got the Vi tube from Larry Ho at the time it's because I made precise legal threats at the point he sent me his own with the good Siemens tubes, which apparently was stolen by FedEx and so he had to send me another one out of the first (at the time only) batch of five. Guess what despite he had all those 100 Siemens tubes I never got what I paid for. What about that??

Same goes for the PCB of the CCX module (to my understand I am the only one at least in the States) I got shipped from China naked to which I added Lundahl and V-caps. Had to push very hard to make it happen and had to find out about the components myself with zero support (likely never tested despite the video from Larry).

This is to confirm the pattern of the owner of LH Labs.

And let's make one thing clear: founding the development of a product means paying upfront the cost of the development until the product is ready to go to market. The risk is that the development goes in nothing due to technology issues, not mismanagement.
Let's not forget how Larry Ho was pushing harder and harder in collecting more money each time with a new announcement for single improvements for a design that was ready to market and been presented at CES (winning a prize).
And even more fraudulent he added other campaigns for new products to collect over 2 Million US$ total!!!

We all paid for freaking SHIPMENT for units that never existed!!!

I still have the VI tube fully balanced along with the PS Audio DSD DS and had recently had a chance to compare it with price no object custom DAC and it definitely holds the candle at the point was hard to hear the difference between sabre and R-2R. For reference, the system is in the mid five figures all custom, while mine is in the same bracket, but includes the cost of the branding. It's on sale on E-bay at the price I paid for and not willing to give it away for less because it's already a steal (specially compared to the nouvelle vague of Chinese production) and I might have a second system or negotiate a trade in when I find something better than the DS in my system.

To the point, the product was there since then, making a box instead of a modeled chassis does not take years and would generate more profit to LH Labs and possibly few complains from the people that trusted Larry Ho.

Instead, they got ZERO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 24, 2019 at 7:15 PM Post #1,121 of 1,178
How can we determine our place on the list? I upgraded to Vi from an original Pulse contribution, which was made in October 2013. Feels like a lifetime ago. Everything about this debacle has been absurd.

Dec 24, 2019 at 8:47 PM Post #1,122 of 1,178
How can we determine our place on the list? I upgraded to Vi from an original Pulse contribution, which was made in October 2013. Feels like a lifetime ago. Everything about this debacle has been absurd.
Again, scammed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back