LH Labs' gorgeous Vi Dac ( Tube + SS outputs )
Sep 19, 2019 at 9:22 PM Post #1,096 of 1,178
Looks like they are still trying to machine a case. how can they expect to assemble units, if they haven't even made a case yet.
there will be welding, painting/finishing and then the attempt to assemble. if it wasn't all 3D CAD to start, i would expect a learning curve, for the old boards

Sep 30, 2019 at 9:26 AM Post #1,098 of 1,178
So two months to go from
10332629_thumb.png

nGbuYg8FDAHuhxeaDF1g5MnWAeDB5cuBPQ.png

how long to ship some actual units?

Oct 8, 2019 at 9:45 AM Post #1,099 of 1,178
@ stuck limo, Is the factory fully assembling the units now, not just producing the case and sending to CA for assembly, as before?

No response, Stuck Limo?

Nov 12, 2019 at 5:01 PM Post #1,103 of 1,178
That's what I've heard but no photos yet.

OK, here we are two months later so I'll ask again. How many Vi Tube DACs, in the new case, have been produced and shipped to backers? Bet ya can't tell me even one!

Nov 15, 2019 at 11:50 AM Post #1,105 of 1,178
hmmmm...

giphy.webp

Nov 15, 2019 at 5:05 PM Post #1,106 of 1,178
Dec 20, 2019 at 8:09 PM Post #1,108 of 1,178
I have an update: The assembly test is good and worked. After Christmas/New Year's, the final assembly will take place and the first 3 backers will receive their new Vi DAC Tubes with newly designed chassis. We originally had 5; 2 of them didn't work out but they may be able to be fixed.

After that, the new batch will start production (no exact timeline yet, still nailing that down with Larry). The production yield is expected to be much higher in the next production run. Those will ship out and we will hopefully be able to get all of the SE Tube backers their Vi.

More when I have it.

Dec 21, 2019 at 12:29 PM Post #1,109 of 1,178
I have an update: The assembly test is good and worked. After Christmas/New Year's, the final assembly will take place and the first 3 backers will receive their new Vi DAC Tubes with newly designed chassis. We originally had 5; 2 of them didn't work out but they may be able to be fixed.

After that, the new batch will start production (no exact timeline yet, still nailing that down with Larry). The production yield is expected to be much higher in the next production run. Those will ship out and we will hopefully be able to get all of the SE Tube backers their Vi.

More when I have it.

Same story recycled all over again, poor show. "We had 5 but 2 are no good", production yield on next "batch" will be higher and "more stable" and after "roughly" 4 weeks (not exact) we will "hopefully" ship out to SE backers.

Another ridiculous fabrication.

Dec 21, 2019 at 3:31 PM Post #1,110 of 1,178
That's literally not how any of this works. We have had very specific requests from customers who want updates as soon as they happen. I recommend unsubscribing from the thread or IGG emails to avoid updates you wish to not see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back