1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

LH Labs' gorgeous Vi Dac ( Tube + SS outputs )

Discussion in 'Dedicated Source Components' started by bmichels, Feb 7, 2015.
Tags:
First

Back
40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49
51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60
Next

Last
  1. doctorjazz
    Then I don't get what the point is to continue to post updates... Surely, if they have no intention or ability to honor the commitments to supporters, they would just fold and default. As an investment in a product that does not exist, I think they would be done with it. Either Larry is masochistic, sadistic, delusional, or he still believes he can complete the orders.

AVJazz likes this.
  2. AVJazz
    Given recent signs of renewed activity hopefully he is still intending to try to actually produce the products.

Still, Doctor J, I'm no expert but have to question your diagnosis. I think LH is the opposite of multi-tasking, perhaps myopic but without the attention to detail often associated with that descriptor. Reading the newly posted "history" of what is taking the Wave so long, seems apparent that he's rarely thinking ahead about what could be done concurrently and gets caught up in "tinkering" or going down blind alleys that turn out to be dead ends. Not sure what affliction this might be but not the ideal CEO. And certainly not the ideal product developer.

However, it could be worse. Imagine if he was a surgeon? The patient would be on the table for days while he was checking out different pacemaker designs...and there would be a huge back-up of patients on gurneys in the hallway.

doctorjazz likes this.
  3. bernardperu
    So the LH Labs rep vanished? What happened?

Where is LHCommSquad?

4. Khragon
    Did the thread got trimmed? posts seem to have been deleted.

5. bernardperu
    Did the LH Labs new rep leave an email address?

6. AxelCloris Administrator
    If you want to reach LH Labs, we suggest you contact them directly at the following email address: lhcommsquad@gmail.com

7. uncola
    a new Vi Dac Q&A was just emailed out.. but the link goes to the geek wave Q&A.. here's the correct link
    https://support.lhlabs.com/support/solutions/articles/13000038065-vi-dac-q-a-1

and here's the text below
    1. I am not going to nitpick that several dates in yesterday’s status update are revisionist history (and have already seen posts contending that some numbers are simply untrue) but seems that there’s still approx. 154 Vi DAC Tubes to be delivered. Please confirm?

ANSWER: Yes. These numbers are in line with the past number we reported. And we have to admit the Vi Tube DAC roll out speed is slow due to two major factors.

(1) Two tube holes on top of chassis created a much higher fail rate on chassis until we found another good CNC vendor which has a 10,000 RPM drill speed and a nice way to provide fixture for the non-parallel wall design of the chassis. Please notice that the whole TOP of chassis is carved out by a single piece of T6061 aluminum. That means all usually clamping tools are not easy here. We demand a super smooth top surface finish, so that means we could not allow to leave any drill head jump or bad machine mark.

(2) Please check the photo below to see another part that CNC factory spent quite some time perfecting. The thin edge around the black display screen - this issue affects both Solid State and Tube Version. But now it is getting better on production fail rate.

2. How has the new chassis supplier worked out? If output has met spec, what’s the anticipated run rate at this time? If there’s still QC problems, what’s the issue(s)?

ANSWER: The new chassis supplier worked out! Their run rate is roughly 15 pcs per month. The fail rate should be much less than before.

3. Were these sourced from the same supplier who provided the batch of Pulse DAC boards that had to be scrapped? Is this another unresolved issue that’s been hidden by deleting IGG posts?

ANSWER: Vi DAC's PCB is NOT the one worked for Pulse DAC from beginning. And the current Vi Tube DAC PCB vendor is the same one we use to produce the flagship DaVinci DAC. No special issues on PCB reported.

4. Are all the various CCX modules ready? If not, which ones are not ready and what possible explanation could there be for these not being ready yet given the extended delay on the chassis production?

ANSWER: No. All the Vi Tube DACs will include CCX#1 which has RCA output as standard. We will make another production plan dedicated for CCX only. The CCX #2, #4, #6, #8 will have balanced output which needs LL transformer. We plan to do it all in one shot with one P.O to make sure the vendor would provide all at one time.

5. Can you confirm that longstanding IGG orders are being prioritized above any other brick & mortar or online retail orders or reviewer samples? If not, please provide a justification for this behavior.

ANSWER: There are less than 10 units go out for review and our retail channel. And only one tube version Vi DAC is out for demo sample. Even with the delivery demand from Amazon Vendor Central, we didn't send any units out. Most of the Vi DAC goes to our backers for sure. But we do need to sometimes create more demos or revamp awareness of Vi DAC in order to generate some revenue. We will detail the the reasons behind this in another Q&A.

6. Who is first in line for assembly and shipment, the Signature Edition or regular edition backers?

ANSWER: Our plan is to finish up the Signature Edition first. (Their CCX module will be ship out later)

8. Matrix display board firmware fix?

ANSWER: Our latest firmware on Matrix display board is 2.0. But all these versions didn't add any new features. It just fixed the boot up time sync. issue with the main board that sometimes causes low output on headphone or line out. Hardware wise, it is the same.

9. Any further firmware updates planned?

ANSWER: Yes. We will have version 3.0 of firmware plan in 2018 1Q since we just released the firmware 2.1 on 2Q 2017.

couple of nice looking chassis pics were included

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. rikirk66
    Two years later and still the CCX module has not been engineered yet to go in production. Why on earth LhLabs is sending out Vi DAC for reviewing without a CCX module, how it will compete against Lampizator for example, lacking the most important feature in the analogue stage?!

9. shimrod
    I just tried to post a comment at the ViDac IGG page. Although the page accepted my login it will not allow me to post. Here's my comment:
    Jarek:
    Regarding this quote: “There are less than 10 units go out for review and our retail channel. And only one tube version Vi DAC is out for demo sample.”

This is a perfect example of the deception we've become accustomed to. How do you conflate review and retail? These are two completely different categories. Reading between the lines I'd say LH has produced 10 ViDac; one review and nine sold into retail. Notice LH doesn't provide a number for ViDac shipped to backers, most likely because that number is zero. Your predecessor Gavin Fish directly admitted LH was providing stock to retail ahead of GO backers because (his quote) "we have to make money". It appears that philosophy has not changed.
    You have STILL not answered the basic question of all ViDac backers. How many ViDac shipped to IGG backers in September? How many in October? The answer should be a numeral, not a weasel-worded equivocation.

Is anyone else having trouble posting comments on IGG? I'm assuming I've been disabled due to earlier negative comments (polite, but negative).

MikeyFresh likes this.
  10. MikeyFresh
    I have no problem posting on the IGG campaign page, I think you might just be up against the character limit, I tried pasting the above into the IGG comment box and it's way over the limit, about 409 characters too long.

11. shimrod
    Yep, my bad. When the character count goes negative you're out of luck.

I posted a truncated version. Thanks for the catch.

12. sweet_audio450
    I answered you directly on there. But I'll post it here again: That question's answer is going onto the next Vi DAC update. I think Larry has some type of update planned directly related to that question, so that's why it was pulled back from the previous one. That is my understanding of the situation. This is pretty normal for us - we actually have at least a couple of updates we're sitting on, as they all intertwine and would make one good solid update, instead of splitting them apart into multiple updates. But I'll definitely double check for you and make sure I'm right about the next update. I should point out - the updates we're sitting on are non-critical, so you're not missing out on any information you should have immediately. :)

So FYI, as we get more information regarding our products from the vendors, our updates will continue to come out faster, with more thoroughness. We're just waiting on bottleneck of information at this point. We are definitely not trying to hide information from you guys. We're aware of the past mistakes and working to correct them.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
  13. MikeyFresh
    Now several days since that update and not one reaction (positive or negative) in this thread (until now).

That should tell you how helpful the update was and how unhappy people are, after now many more months of total lies about the chassis production rate and the supposed shipped status of the solid-state Vi DAC.

Total **** show.

KaspianXL likes this.
  14. doctorjazz
    just hard to react one way or another at this point. The only thing now that would make a difference is: Show me the goods.

germay0653, KaspianXL and MikeyFresh like this.
  15. sjp770
    Yep, said it before will say it again. They need to post photo evidence of the 100+ pcb's waiting for chassis. Should not be hard

MikeyFresh likes this.
First

Back
40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49
51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60
Next

Last