LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread
Jan 27, 2018 at 9:24 AM Post #1,967 of 2,040
Jan 27, 2018 at 9:39 AM Post #1,968 of 2,040
I got a V2+ which is still on fw 1.0. Can anyone please comment on the advantages of upgrading the fw to 1.5 or 2.1. Yes, I have read through what I can on this thread but would love to hear from someone who has gone through the process.

Also, how do I go about acquiring the files? I have already messaged Larry, since it seemed like the fastest way as per some posts on the thread.

Beware there is no guarantee that you'll be able to downgrade from 2.1-->1.5, so upgrade to 2.1 at your own risk.

(1) New feature - Volume Control Buttons (Up and Down)
Total 128 digital segments with analog based gain control.
Just press the Up button to volume up. Down button to volume down.

Really nice feature to have, but you can't control via Windows anymore. Gain change is automatic, if you care about gain best to stay at 1.5.
Also, device does not save the volume. Volume as well as filter has default value.

(2) New feature - Line Out mode
Press the UP button all the way up. When you see the original signal mode LED change to Light Green.
GO2Pro and GO2A is entering Line Out mode which totally by-pass the volume control and designed to
connect directly to Headphone Amp or Pre-amp. Max Vrms on Singled-ended: 3.2V rms

* For Balanced output. Please connect TRRS to two XLR cable to balanced output. Also add and connect
another cable to connect GO2Pro/GO2A’s ground to Preamp’s ground via TRS Singled-ended cable.

I personally don't use line out mode, but you have to manually switch to line out mode every time you turn on/off the device.

(3) New feature - Smart Gain
GO2A and GO2Pro will choose the proper analog GAIN settings according to the current volume setting by button.
When you approach the -2dBFS of LOW-GAIN and volume up. Firmware will automatic change GAIN setting to MID-GAIN.
When you approach the -2dBFS of MID-GAIN and volume up. Firmware will automatic change GAIN setting to HIGH-GAIN.

Again, best to stay at 1.5 if you need manual gain control.

(4) Updated feature - Please press TWO volume buttons at the same time to change digital mode/digital filter on the fly
TCM (Green) -> SSM (Red) -> FTM/FRM (Blue)

This part is interesting because I remember v1.5 blue sounding like green on v2.1, so I think they got switched up. Green sounds pretty good on 2.1. I preferred v1.5 sound for sure though. Can't comment on details because it's been way too long since upgrade.

(5) Updated feature — Digital Mode 2.0
By developing the new digital filter algorithm for our DaVinci MK2’s DSD decoding engine, we use the similar method to
re-write the digital mode firmware inside GO2PRo and GO2A. Especially in FTM/FRM, we achieve the smoother sound on high, even better sound stage. TCM has better FR on DSD playback.
(Remark: DaVinci’s PCM engine doesn’t use digital filter. Only on Dual engine 2.0’s DSD decoding side we have digital filter)

Can't comment on this as I have no idea what this is.

In all, I personally think upgrading to 2.1 isn't a necessity if you don't need volume control and line out feature. I was able to downgrade to 1.5, but I've also heard of unsuccessful attempts.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2018 at 10:27 AM Post #1,974 of 2,040
Hey guys, I picked up a gov2 infinity and was wondering if someone could post the different fw files for it. I've found all the different version for the gov2+ infinity but I was told that I needed the specific ones for the gov2 infinity. If someone could help me out I'd greatly appreciate it!

Mar 7, 2018 at 1:22 AM Post #1,976 of 2,040
Has anyone figured out what kind of an adapter do you need for Balanced Lineout?
Is it simply a 3.5trrs to 2x 3pin XLR?
Any help would be much appreciated.
If you're going to go to XLR you have to use both 3.5mm outputs with the Negative coming from the SE socket like the photo below.
10080175.jpg

Attachments

• GO2 Pro - Cavelli LC 01.jpg
    GO2 Pro - Cavelli LC 01.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 29, 2018 at 2:18 PM Post #1,980 of 2,040
I currently have 1.5 firmware installed on my GOV2+ Infinity, and there are pops through headphones when switching between files of different sample rates. Does anyone know if 2.1 fixes this issue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back