LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread
Jul 19, 2016 at 10:36 PM Post #1,096 of 2,040
RE: Sony MDR-Z7 Balanced cable for use with Go V2

I did the legwork and found this cable that should do the job for balanced output from the GO V2 to the Sony MDR-Z7.
It's the SONY MUC-S20BL1 cable. -found it on CNET and eBay. Prices range from around $80-$110. 
It is for the Sony MDR-1A, but appears appropriate for the MDR Z7
It has a TRRS 3.5mm (male) plug for the GO V2 balanced output, and two 3.5mm male plugs representing the left balanced and right balanced inputs to the headphone (female) sockets. Length is about 6 1/2 feet.
Mine is shipping from Japan, and when it arrives I'll get back here and offer feedback about its applicability.
See you soon,
Fullranger

Jul 25, 2016 at 1:29 PM Post #1,102 of 2,040
I just receive an address confirmation request for my V2+  from L. H. Labs.... I have the option to request them to ship the unit immediately, without a leather case, or to delay shipment for another 3 weeks, waiting for the leather case which is "still in production," according to the mail I received... I have a dilemma :  I have learnt to do without the V2 +, and I am in no rush to receive it immediately, so I could easily opt to wait another three weeks for the leather case, with all else being normal... The only issue holding me back from making that choice is the reliability problem we have all become familiar with.. What if the 3-week wait for the leather case morphs into another 6-week, 6-month, or year-long wait owing to unforeseen mysterious production related reasons that are sure to be thrown our way, in case of a delay... Is the leather case worth that risk?  Am I "overreacting" by entertaining such doubts, by being unnecessarily paranoid?

Let me now what you think.

Jul 25, 2016 at 1:30 PM Post #1,103 of 2,040
I passed on the leather case. Every time I asked for a shipping estimate from LH labs I have always been told "It will ship out in 3 weeks." They have been telling me that since August 2015 regarding my v2+

Jul 25, 2016 at 2:03 PM Post #1,106 of 2,040
I also said no to the leather case. It was suppose to be a prize for my patients. Now it is a longer wait and a way of getting out of sending me a free leather case. Most of us will opt out and I am sure Gavin knows this so he saves money. I am sure this has all cost the company dearly and the product has become just another AMP DAC so we must save money. I wish that LH LABS would stop doing things like this. I really like their products but the way the treat customers is just not good at all. Just Send Me My Leather Case As Promised with Out Yet Another Change in Your Promises.

Mark

Jul 25, 2016 at 2:23 PM Post #1,107 of 2,040
Yes, adding the Genuine Leather Case to the Bill of Materials for a product that's already super late, is simply nonsensical.
Just another thing to get wrong, to cause a delay in delivery.

And so it proves. Predictable. And another source of annoyance.

They just don't think with the rigour required in production.
As I've said before: the wrong people making the decisions.

Jul 25, 2016 at 2:56 PM Post #1,108 of 2,040
I t
Yes, adding the Genuine Leather Case to the Bill of Materials for a product that's already super late, is simply nonsensical.
Just another thing to get wrong, to cause a delay in delivery.

And so it proves. Predictable. And another source of annoyance.

They just don't think with the rigour required in production.
As I've said before: the wrong people making the decisions.
I too opted to receive my V2+ now. They can send the cases to backers when their production is complete, if this is their real motive without judgement intended of course!

Jul 25, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #1,109 of 2,040
I just receive an address confirmation request for my V2+ from L. H. Labs.... I have the option to request them to ship the unit immediately, without a leather case, or to delay shipment for another 3 weeks, waiting for the leather case which is "still in production," according to the mail I received... I have a dilemma : I have learnt to do without the V2 +, and I am in no rush to receive it immediately, so I could easily opt to wait another three weeks for the leather case, with all else being normal... The only issue holding me back from making that choice is the reliability problem we have all become familiar with.. What if the 3-week wait for the leather case morphs into another 6-week, 6-month, or year-long wait owing to unforeseen mysterious production related reasons that are sure to be thrown our way, in case of a delay... Is the leather case worth that risk? Am I "overreacting" by entertaining such doubts, by being unnecessarily paranoid?

Let me now what you think.
==================================

What do I think?

Agonising over "tea or coffee" questions, especially in a public forum, is not a good way to relax and to lead your life.
For these questions, it's easier to flip a coin, and be happy with whatever results.

Jul 25, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #1,110 of 2,040
I can't remember the exact wording of the V2+ "survey", but I didn't think it said that if we opt to have the V2+ shipped without the case now that we would never get the case. Maybe that's implied?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back