LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread
Sep 5, 2015 at 1:17 AM Post #271 of 2,040
Good to see we're shifting to talk about the sonic performance rather than just judging a book by its' cover anymore 
wink.gif

So @bhazard you say the v2+ was more enjoyable than your Audio-GD NFB 11.32 DAC - but would you be able to describe in what way it was better to you; and was this an A/B comparison in rapid succession? I'm not doubting your impressions either because I remember it being at least as good as my $500+ full size (Gustard X12) DAC when comparing them to each other at a meet.

Sep 5, 2015 at 7:35 AM Post #272 of 2,040
basically can I connect the gov2 balanced port to a single ended speaker amp or headphone amp if I use this adapter and this monoprice cable?
edited to make it shorter

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281417128619?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

this is the cable I'd be using http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021815&p_id=5597&seq=1&format=2

Sep 5, 2015 at 9:31 PM Post #273 of 2,040
  Good to see we're shifting to talk about the sonic performance rather than just judging a book by its' cover anymore 
wink.gif

So @bhazard you say the v2+ was more enjoyable than your Audio-GD NFB 11.32 DAC - but would you be able to describe in what way it was better to you; and was this an A/B comparison in rapid succession? I'm not doubting your impressions either because I remember it being at least as good as my $500+ full size (Gustard X12) DAC when comparing them to each other at a meet.

The NFB (and ES9018 in general) had a tendency to be a bit bright/shrill/cold despite being very detailed and revealing. The V2+, doesn't have that issue, yet remains very detailed.

Obviously the V2+ doesn't have the power the NFB had, but to get a similar (better actually) sound in a portable unit is a wonderful thing. I can no longer A/B them directly with the NFB, as the V2+ and Pulse X Infinity will be my only DAC equipment for awhile.

I do notice that the V2+ picks up a decent amount of EMI when I'm using it with my phone (and on the train). Balanced mode "should" possibly remove that.  

Sep 5, 2015 at 10:05 PM Post #274 of 2,040
The v2+ actually has a second output for single ended connections. So u just need a regular mini to mini cable

basically can I connect the gov2 balanced port to a single ended speaker amp or headphone amp if I use this adapter and this monoprice cable?
edited to make it shorter

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281417128619?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

this is the cable I'd be using http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021815&p_id=5597&seq=1&format=2

Sep 11, 2015 at 9:25 AM Post #276 of 2,040
I received an email from LH labs/Gavin yesterday informing me that ALL V2 and V2+ preorder units have shipped. I haven't received any shipping/tracking info however. Did anyone that has received theirs already get tracking info emailed to them when their unit was shipped?

Sep 11, 2015 at 9:28 AM Post #277 of 2,040
  I received an email from LH labs/Gavin yesterday informing me that ALL V2 and V2+ preorder units have shipped. I haven't received any shipping/tracking info however. Did anyone that has received theirs already get tracking info emailed to them when their unit was shipped?

The update said all V2 and V2 Infinity.  Not V2+.  They're still reworking the chassis I believe.

Sep 11, 2015 at 9:33 AM Post #278 of 2,040

The update said all V2 and V2 Infinity.  Not V2+.  They're still reworking the chassis I believe.

This. My most recent email exchange with Gavin mentioned that they were working on the chassis revision. He didn't provide any sort of timeline, but the designers have definitely taken the feedback and they're pushing forward with a new plan. I'll pick his brain at RMAF in a few weeks and see if they have a revised housing at the show.

Sep 11, 2015 at 9:44 AM Post #279 of 2,040

This. My most recent email exchange with Gavin mentioned that they were working on the chassis revision. He didn't provide any sort of timeline, but the designers have definitely taken the feedback and they're pushing forward with a new plan. I'll pick his brain at RMAF in a few weeks and see if they have a revised housing at the show.

That would be great because I'm holding off ordering my GO V2+ with the hopes of getting the revised chassis.

Sep 11, 2015 at 9:50 AM Post #280 of 2,040
That would be great because I'm holding off ordering my GO V2+ with the hopes of getting the revised chassis.

I may not be correct on this, but my understanding is that LH Labs has put a hold all V2+ deliveries until they've completed the chassis redesign, preexisting and new pre-orders. They're shipping the V2 models without issue.

Sep 11, 2015 at 10:22 AM Post #281 of 2,040
I sure hope they get things done on my V2+ soon I am anxious to get my hands on my new Toy before my iPad air 2 is obsolete, O' No to late! lol! After all the going on about how ahead of schedule they were running I guess it got my hopes up. I will get over it!

Sep 11, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #282 of 2,040

Brian - Not sure if they're going to be at RMAF? 

Sep 11, 2015 at 11:38 AM Post #284 of 2,040

They're not currently listed as exhibitors, but Gavin will be at the show based on our emails. We may see others in attendance as well.

Got it, thanks. Knew from Casey they weren't exhibiting and that it was still up in the air about who might be coming. Will also be interested to see what booths might feature some LHL gear. Was fun to hear the Cavalli Liquid Carbon prototype at SoCal being fed by the Pulse (can't remember if it was an Xfi or Infinity). 

Sep 11, 2015 at 12:42 PM Post #285 of 2,040

ahhhhhh.. Yes.. I am expecting the V2+ Infinity so that is good to know. It's been a long wait but I will gladly wait for a better contructed chassis. Thanks for the clarification.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back