LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread
May 19, 2015 at 12:40 PM Post #61 of 2,040
Well, it would be pretty poor Ponzi-scheme technique to tell people you're running out of cash and need to sell another wave of investors in order to cover your current commitments.

Lol, okay, you got me there, but yeah was just sharing what they said.

May 19, 2015 at 7:43 PM Post #62 of 2,040
They are doing refunds on the pre-orders now. Anyway, the original plan was to pay prior to shipping, not at the end of the IGG campaign, which is in 60days, so yes, I get to pay less money by pre-ordering, but I have to pay in full at a different time, but then I have to wait MONTHS till my batch ships in November? I really am pretty sketched out at doing that with how they've handled things. What are anyone else's thoughts? Now, if I could pay in full in 60days, then have them ship out my product as soon as they could, instead of having to wait till November, I'd be more comfortable.

May 19, 2015 at 9:31 PM Post #63 of 2,040
Well it is a shame that they have chosen this route. I was ready to buy both over time but now will be lucky to come up with the money to buy one. I am not a wealthy man and while this is a hobby I enjoy I have to do thing very slowly as the funds for laying out $500 dollars are just not there. It seems if they are trying to bring high end sound to the masses then it would be good for them to remember that the masses are often the folks that live pay check to pay check if not having less then that. I have always understood that we are watching LH Labs do in public what most companies do in private. They are testing in public where most would have early adopters they send the product to work the bugs out. Here we see them all because we are the early adopters. But this thing with the Geek Out V2 Sisters seem unnecessary and not customer service orientated. Now because I will have no money until late in the new campaign I did not know about until yesterday I am stuck. I guess I feel abandoned in favor of those who have plenty of disposable income. I started this thread because I was excited about the offering that LH Labs was making of a product that I could afford to order now pay as I could and participate in over time. Now that is all gone, well I have offered my two cents and because I know that this matters to no one but me I will get off the soap box and hand it over to someone else.

May 19, 2015 at 9:58 PM Post #64 of 2,040
I feel you man, and what about the people that reffered for infinity upgrades? I had 1 towards that, so, what's the deal now? Can't order through the site.

May 20, 2015 at 12:35 AM Post #65 of 2,040
I'm on the fence on this one, I'm in group 6 for a v2+, which supposedly will ship early September, so if I pay at the end of the campaign, it would be July, 2 months before shipping date. I'm OK with that, but a part of me wanted to ditch LH labs due to this shady action. I'll leaning toward getting my $2 back.

May 20, 2015 at 12:54 AM Post #66 of 2,040
my advice...

get your money back, even if you change your mind take a look at the for sale forums and you'll see that even people that back there products don't want it and you can get it on the cheap.

May 20, 2015 at 1:16 AM Post #67 of 2,040
  my advice...

get your money back, even if you change your mind take a look at the for sale forums and you'll see that even people that back there products don't want it and you can get it on the cheap.

Not bad advice at all.

May 20, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #69 of 2,040
Thank you I try to look out for the community.

Same. Still doesn't answer my question about the infinity upgrade by referring though.

May 20, 2015 at 5:28 PM Post #70 of 2,040
I don't really understand the Price Hike in the infinity upgrade for the V2+. I know you get your THD+N -3db wtvr that really does and better MELF resistors, some streaming filter, and 450mW power. All in all, good features, but not really needed but they charge an extra 200+ for the upgrade? You could almost preorder another geekout v2. It also puts it dangerously close to ifi Micro IDSD, which you could have without all the troubles of indiegogo campaigning and their business practices. LH labs fails.

May 20, 2015 at 5:54 PM Post #71 of 2,040
The additional features is where LH Lab makes the money.  Those additions are not worth any where near +$200.
They know audiophile well, and it's true we like to pony up 50% cash for 5% (if even) gain.

May 20, 2015 at 7:33 PM Post #72 of 2,040
That's why the only way I'm getting the infinity version is by reffering 3 people.

May 20, 2015 at 8:17 PM Post #73 of 2,040
I think the best way to get this at a lower price like it is now at the pre-release price, is to wait till it's sold used by some peeps, which won't be too long, or pick it up on another website that will have it low. That way your money isn't tied up for a long time, nor are you on the hook if something goes wrong. 

May 20, 2015 at 10:41 PM Post #75 of 2,040
Sorry can't help you out maybe light harmonic will grace us with there presence.

Ha, Manny doesn't like being around because of all the talk of ponzi, cash crunching, bankruptcy, and such. No help needed though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back