LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread
Jul 25, 2016 at 3:41 PM Post #1,111 of 2,027

runningwitit

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Aug 10, 2015
Posts
505
Likes
226
I can't remember the exact wording of the V2+ "survey", but I didn't think it said that if we opt to have the V2+ shipped without the case now that we would never get the case. Maybe that's implied?
I don't think it's implied, as the norm, we'd need to send in a request to customer care I suppose? They are normally great with making good through this channel, as I've not had one complaint!
 
Jul 25, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #1,112 of 2,027

SeeHear

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jan 10, 2012
Posts
155
Likes
20
I was wondering the same thing about receiving the case ever, or only if we wait for them to be shipped together.
I've noticed that the grammar/language of their text is sometimes... "unconventional."  Maybe they  just meant that we can get the case later - but, then why mention it at all?
 
Probably best to ask via a support ticket.
 
Jul 25, 2016 at 4:05 PM Post #1,113 of 2,027

runningwitit

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Aug 10, 2015
Posts
505
Likes
226
I was wondering the same thing about receiving the case ever, or only if we wait for them to be shipped together.
I've noticed that the grammar/language of their text is sometimes... "unconventional."  Maybe they  just meant that we can get the case later - but, then why mention it at all?

Probably best to ask via a support ticket.
They probably want to know, since the intended to ship all V2+'s with cases
 
Jul 25, 2016 at 5:05 PM Post #1,114 of 2,027

sahmen

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Apr 6, 2014
Posts
2,388
Likes
1,668
I just receive an address confirmation request for my V2+ from L. H. Labs.... I have the option to request them to ship the unit immediately, without a leather case, or to delay shipment for another 3 weeks, waiting for the leather case which is "still in production," according to the mail I received... I have a dilemma : I have learnt to do without the V2 +, and I am in no rush to receive it immediately, so I could easily opt to wait another three weeks for the leather case, with all else being normal... The only issue holding me back from making that choice is the reliability problem we have all become familiar with.. What if the 3-week wait for the leather case morphs into another 6-week, 6-month, or year-long wait owing to unforeseen mysterious production related reasons that are sure to be thrown our way, in case of a delay... Is the leather case worth that risk? Am I "overreacting" by entertaining such doubts, by being unnecessarily paranoid?

Let me now what you think.
==================================


What do I think?

Agonising over "tea or coffee" questions, especially in a public forum, is not a good way to relax and to lead your life.
For these questions, it's easier to flip a coin, and be happy with whatever results.

Didn't need to "agonize" too long.  I actually made my decision in the course of typing the question, and voted "ship immediately," in order to give the leather case a miss.  As long as they ship immediately as promised, I shall be happy with my decision.
 
Jul 25, 2016 at 7:31 PM Post #1,118 of 2,027

tmarshl

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Nov 8, 2005
Posts
622
Likes
148
Location
Scottsdale, AZ
  I just receive an address confirmation request for my V2+  from L. H. Labs.... I have the option to request them to ship the unit immediately, without a leather case, or to delay shipment for another 3 weeks, waiting for the leather case which is "still in production," according to the mail I received... I have a dilemma :  I have learnt to do without the V2 +, and I am in no rush to receive it immediately, so I could easily opt to wait another three weeks for the leather case, with all else being normal... The only issue holding me back from making that choice is the reliability problem we have all become familiar with.. What if the 3-week wait for the leather case morphs into another 6-week, 6-month, or year-long wait owing to unforeseen mysterious production related reasons that are sure to be thrown our way, in case of a delay... Is the leather case worth that risk?  Am I "overreacting" by entertaining such doubts, by being unnecessarily paranoid?
 
Let me now what you think.


Since I have been waiting over a year, and since I have already purchased a Chord Mojo (which I love), I am no longer in such a rush to receive the V2+, so I opted to wait another 3 weeks for the leather case.   The major difference I expect between the V2+ and the Mojo is the ability to play in balanced mode.
 
I will let you know if it is worth the wait.
 
This is a good lesson to me concerning crowdfunded projects; there is a very good chance that during the design and manufacturing period of the crowdfunded project, another competitor may come to market with competitive or superior device.  In the future, I will only buy items that I can trial and purchase now.  Lesson learned.
triportsad.gif

 
Jul 26, 2016 at 12:13 AM Post #1,119 of 2,027

Thors-hammer

New Head-Fier
Joined
Jul 2, 2016
Posts
9
Likes
1
I opted in on the leather case. I figured since I already waited this long, I can afford to wait another 3 weeks, 3 months, whatever.

Anyway I'll be playing with my new xduoo xd05 in the meantime. Immediate satisfaction without the angst.
 
Jul 26, 2016 at 8:55 AM Post #1,121 of 2,027

germay0653

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jun 22, 2010
Posts
998
Likes
194
Jul 26, 2016 at 3:01 PM Post #1,124 of 2,027

germay0653

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jun 22, 2010
Posts
998
Likes
194
  Just got a response: "Yes, you will be sent the case separately when they become available."


Confirmed.  I got the same response.
 
Jul 26, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #1,125 of 2,027

Lifemovingforwa

New Head-Fier
Joined
Feb 22, 2015
Posts
29
Likes
16
I also received the same response. I wish my trust was higher for LH Labs I have bought pieces of their equipment but after the V2+ it is hard. Next Month, Next Month, et. It just gave me a real bad taste in my mouth. I will try to wash it out.
 
Thank
Mark
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top