They are doing refunds on the pre-orders now. Anyway, the original plan was to pay prior to shipping, not at the end of the IGG campaign, which is in 60days, so yes, I get to pay less money by pre-ordering, but I have to pay in full at a different time, but then I have to wait MONTHS till my batch ships in November? I really am pretty sketched out at doing that with how they've handled things. What are anyone else's thoughts? Now, if I could pay in full in 60days, then have them ship out my product as soon as they could, instead of having to wait till November, I'd be more comfortable.
Well it is a shame that they have chosen this route. I was ready to buy both over time but now will be lucky to come up with the money to buy one. I am not a wealthy man and while this is a hobby I enjoy I have to do thing very slowly as the funds for laying out $500 dollars are just not there. It seems if they are trying to bring high end sound to the masses then it would be good for them to remember that the masses are often the folks that live pay check to pay check if not having less then that. I have always understood that we are watching LH Labs do in public what most companies do in private. They are testing in public where most would have early adopters they send the product to work the bugs out. Here we see them all because we are the early adopters. But this thing with the Geek Out V2 Sisters seem unnecessary and not customer service orientated. Now because I will have no money until late in the new campaign I did not know about until yesterday I am stuck. I guess I feel abandoned in favor of those who have plenty of disposable income. I started this thread because I was excited about the offering that LH Labs was making of a product that I could afford to order now pay as I could and participate in over time. Now that is all gone, well I have offered my two cents and because I know that this matters to no one but me I will get off the soap box and hand it over to someone else.
I'm on the fence on this one, I'm in group 6 for a v2+, which supposedly will ship early September, so if I pay at the end of the campaign, it would be July, 2 months before shipping date. I'm OK with that, but a part of me wanted to ditch LH labs due to this shady action. I'll leaning toward getting my $2 back.
I don't really understand the Price Hike in the infinity upgrade for the V2+. I know you get your THD+N -3db wtvr that really does and better MELF resistors, some streaming filter, and 450mW power. All in all, good features, but not really needed but they charge an extra 200+ for the upgrade? You could almost preorder another geekout v2. It also puts it dangerously close to ifi Micro IDSD, which you could have without all the troubles of indiegogo campaigning and their business practices. LH labs fails.
I think the best way to get this at a lower price like it is now at the pre-release price, is to wait till it's sold used by some peeps, which won't be too long, or pick it up on another website that will have it low. That way your money isn't tied up for a long time, nor are you on the hook if something goes wrong.