LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread
Feb 24, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #1,756 of 2,040
But is it "normal" that the power LED is permanently off? Very strange because the first tests I have seen the blue LED alwas on switching ON, now it keeps LED off, all other LEDs working fine (Gain, Samling, Filter), the device itself works also very great, very odd!

These are the conditions where I've noted the blue power light is on with my unit: 1- The power switch is on, but the USB data is not connected 2- The Power switch is on, the data is connceted and the USB charging is also connected 3- I haven't thoroughly tested this one, but I think it may be the case: the power switch is on and the USB data is connected the USB charging is not connected, but the unit has been dormant for some unspecified duration (not playing any music through my connected device)

Feb 24, 2017 at 6:06 PM Post #1,757 of 2,040
Wow thanks that did the trick. Very odd, I need to unplug the USB cable (even no source device is powered on) and the blue power LED is now visible when I switch the unit on. This behaviour makes not really sense but thanks for the hint it's working fine knowing this "special" connection from the power LED and the USB ports.

Feb 24, 2017 at 9:24 PM Post #1,758 of 2,040
The blue light is a static indicator of battery level, so it's almost useless because there is only blue and red. You also have to turn off and on again to refresh the battery status. For me, there is no light at full charge and blue light comes on with a turn off/on after some use.

Mar 1, 2017 at 5:03 AM Post #1,760 of 2,040
  Lol..."LHL has a secret" (http://lhlabs.com/go2pro/)

Group buy has already started...hurry up all you LHL fan boys :wink:

....and when will the "Group buy period" end? And will the devices shipped immediately after the end of the Group buy period?

So still the same uncertainty as always....nothing has changed with their communication style

Edit: so what happens if the threshold of 100 units won´t be reached? No sale? Or at the full price?
Just thinking....

hmm...seems the price was too steep....

Mar 1, 2017 at 5:45 AM Post #1,762 of 2,040
$480 doesn't seem so bad if it can surpass gov2+, but given the way how they handle after sale business, nobody should even think of ordering it. If you have a defect, good luck getting it fixed. After sales support should be just as important as the performance of electronic goods.

Mar 2, 2017 at 11:04 AM Post #1,763 of 2,040
Does the GO2A Infinity work has a portable DAC without the use of the USB hub trick? Or does it draw too much power?

What are the specifications of the GO2Pro Infinity? Specifically concerned with output impedance from both the SE and Balanced headphone jacks.

Mar 3, 2017 at 7:34 PM Post #1,764 of 2,040
Does the GO2A Infinity work has a portable DAC without the use of the USB hub trick? Or does it draw too much power?

What are the specifications of the GO2Pro Infinity? Specifically concerned with output impedance from both the SE and Balanced headphone jacks.

Yes, the 2A Infinity works on my Samsung S7 as a DAC.

Mar 4, 2017 at 2:41 AM Post #1,765 of 2,040
Depends on your smartphone me thinks. My GO1K works seamlessly on Note 3 but need the powered hub trick for V20.

Mar 4, 2017 at 6:16 AM Post #1,766 of 2,040
I'm still waiting for my 3,5mm TRRS balanced cables for IEMs and headphones, but anyway really like the GOV2+ even on SE output.

Mar 4, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #1,767 of 2,040
Does anyone have a _working_ e-mail address or phone # for LH Labs?

I sent a GO V2i back on an RMA nearly 3 months ago, and haven't received the unit back yet. I have created two tickets for this issue, and have tried _many_ times to contact LHL, but after a couple of initial responses stating the repair is "in the technician's queue" in January, no response or update in over a month.  I'd really like to find out the status of my GO.

Update - It looks like 4 days a go a technician merged the second ticket with the first with no other comment, and no update on the status (or ETA) of my GO.

Mar 4, 2017 at 12:49 PM Post #1,768 of 2,040
  I'm still waiting for my 3,5mm TRRS balanced cables for IEMs and headphones, but anyway really like the GOV2+ even on SE output.

Nice, I've got a similar setup! I use it with my Note 5 and Oppo PM-3s, though.

That iFi IE-Match is the ***, eh? I couldn't believe how useful it was and it really does make the background eerily silent. I'm a big fan. And of course it also gave me the volume adjustment/play I needed with the GOV2+ Infinity as it really sounds best in high gain mode. 

Mar 4, 2017 at 12:55 PM Post #1,769 of 2,040
Yes best 60 bucks I spent in audio equipment for a long time. My unit does not hiss at all @ SE (BAL I couldn't test yet), even using my most sensitive 12 driver CIEMs and I'm very sensitive regarding source hissing, at lot of other DAPs and DAC/AMP combos hissing at my CIEMs, but the GOV2+ clearly not. I'm using the iEMatch for higher dynamic range and finer volume control only, even with my big head phones I use the "High" setting, for any IEM/CIEM the "Ultra" setting.

Mar 4, 2017 at 3:39 PM Post #1,770 of 2,040
  Yes best 60 bucks I spent in audio equipment for a long time. My unit does not hiss at all @ SE (BAL I couldn't test yet), even using my most sensitive 12 driver CIEMs and I'm very sensitive regarding source hissing, at lot of other DAPs and DAC/AMP combos hissing at my CIEMs, but the GOV2+ clearly not. I'm using the iEMatch for higher dynamic range and finer volume control only, even with my big head phones I use the "High" setting, for any IEM/CIEM the "Ultra" setting.

Without the iFi component, do you get hiss while playing music through the GO or does it only exist when no music is playing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back