LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread
Feb 11, 2016 at 2:57 PM Post #766 of 1,391
Posted this by accident in the v2+ thread, but if you guys have balanced capable headphones, definitely try to get an adapter to run them balanced from the GOV2. It sounds awesome, better than the SE out, maybe not MILES better, but definitely better! Happy listening :)

Feb 11, 2016 at 6:33 PM Post #767 of 1,391
color]

Feb 19, 2016 at 7:44 PM Post #768 of 1,391
My tech support team just told me they finish up all the current RMA tickets and the process start flow quickly.

Please email to info@lightharmonic.com if there is anything else for Geek Out V2.

Thanks a lot!!

Feb 27, 2016 at 10:44 AM Post #770 of 1,391
I have just read this thread from the first to about the 30th page, then just gave up 
biggrin.gif

Anyway, it seems like many had a problem initially with LH Labs' ordering procedure and their customer service was no help either. Is their customer service still like that?

I also noticed that the GOv2 has a balanced TRRS output. So If I decided to go balanced using my HD650's, what would I have to get? Can someone please list the all tables I should get to connect to the TRRS output of the GOv2?

Feb 27, 2016 at 10:57 AM Post #771 of 1,391
  I have just read this thread from the first to about the 30th page, then just gave up 
biggrin.gif

Anyway, it seems like many had a problem initially with LH Labs' ordering procedure and their customer service was no help either. Is their customer service still like that?

I also noticed that the GOv2 has a balanced TRRS output. So If I decided to go balanced using my HD650's, what would I have to get? Can someone please list the all tables I should get to connect to the TRRS output of the GOv2?

I believe these two cables would suffice:

http://www.amazon.com/Balanced-Female-Headphone-Adapter-Hifiman/dp/B00X2Q2SXG
http://www.amazon.com/Upgrade-Version-balance-ZY-002-2-5M/dp/B00A2QJLY8

Feb 27, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #772 of 1,391
The hifiman adapter does not work on geek out v2 according to the second review.

Feb 27, 2016 at 7:34 PM Post #774 of 1,391
  Strange, the first review says it works alright. 

Can anyone who owns the adapter verify if it works with the GOv2?

See post #429.

I personally bought my cable from some inexpensive place in China - it took 6 weeks to arrive, and it was not as good as other cables I have bought since from Amazon. It was very tight, literally scratching the XLR end of the cable connected to my headphone. If I were to do over, I would use cables from Amazon.

If you want though, I could try to go back through my emails to find the name of the place in China that made my cable.

Feb 27, 2016 at 7:42 PM Post #775 of 1,391
  See post #429.

I personally bought my cable from some inexpensive place in China - it took 6 weeks to arrive, and it was not as good as other cables I have bought since from Amazon. It was very tight, literally scratching the XLR end of the cable connected to my headphone. If I were to do over, I would use cables from Amazon.

If you want though, I could try to go back through my emails to find the name of the place in China that made my cable.

Thanks! No, its alright. I think I'm going to go with the Hifiman adapter. I actually asked a couple of owners on another forum and they said it worked fine (and is pretty good quality given the price).

Feb 28, 2016 at 1:07 PM Post #777 of 1,391
Glad to hear the hifiman works. I've still never heard the v2 balanced. Fortunately it sounds awesome SE. Let us know when you get it hooked up.

Mar 1, 2016 at 12:36 AM Post #779 of 1,391
Glad to hear the hifiman works. I've still never heard the v2 balanced. Fortunately it sounds awesome SE. Let us know when you get it hooked up.

From the feedbacks I got, balanced is even more awesome then single-ended. No question about it.
Sound stage, and background darkness and smoothness.... you could find out quick.

Mar 1, 2016 at 11:16 AM Post #780 of 1,391
W
From the feedbacks I got, balanced is even more awesome then single-ended. No question about it.
Sound stage, and background darkness and smoothness.... you could find out quick.

Which adapter is recommended by the creator?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back