LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread
Jan 14, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #738 of 1,391
Jan 14, 2016 at 6:46 PM Post #740 of 1,391
Don't think so. The plus adds a battery, but the regular should work on Samsung handhelds. Pretty sure anyway.

I've used the regular V2 with a Note 4, but that doesn't mean it'll work with the 3 as Samsung increased the power output to OTG devices with each successive generation up until the Note 4 (I've tested OTG more rigorously than most, as per my long neglected youtube channel). The battery drain was pretty fierce though, you'd want a big extended battery if you were going that route. I did get it to work with other Droids with an OTG Y-cable and external power source, but it's a bit finicky and often required multiple connection attempts, in addition to being less friendly for portable purposes.

Jan 14, 2016 at 7:30 PM Post #741 of 1,391
I've used the regular V2 with a Note 4, but that doesn't mean it'll work with the 3 as Samsung increased the power output to OTG devices with each successive generation up until the Note 4 (I've tested OTG more rigorously than most, as per my long neglected youtube channel). The battery drain was pretty fierce though, you'd want a big extended battery if you were going that route. I did get it to work with other Droids with an OTG Y-cable and external power source, but it's a bit finicky and often required multiple connection attempts, in addition to being less friendly for portable purposes.

Thanks, doesn't sound like the solution I am looking for.

Jan 14, 2016 at 11:45 PM Post #742 of 1,391
Thanks, doesn't sound like the solution I am looking for.

Yep. That's the use case the V2+ was designed for, not the V2.

Jan 16, 2016 at 2:18 PM Post #746 of 1,391
Maybe because of no balanced input ?

Jan 16, 2016 at 5:02 PM Post #747 of 1,391
Jan 16, 2016 at 5:12 PM Post #748 of 1,391
I'm having some trouble with the DAC in my main system. Is it possible to use the Geek Out V2 as a source, even though it would be amplified? Going from the SE output to RCA into my amp? I think this would be fine, but just want to check I won't do any damage. Thanks!

Jan 16, 2016 at 5:53 PM Post #749 of 1,391
I'm having some trouble with the DAC in my main system. Is it possible to use the Geek Out V2 as a source, even though it would be amplified? Going from the SE output to RCA into my amp? I think this would be fine, but just want to check I won't do any damage. Thanks!

There won't be any issues with this. I ran my Geek Out 720 directly to my active speakers before I received my Pulse Infinity. I used a TRS to RCA cable and it works just fine.

Jan 20, 2016 at 8:47 PM Post #750 of 1,391
I'm running Pono Music World (a fork of Jriver) on my Mac using Core Audio output to my GOV2. Even though my computer is showing that the sound is outputting at 24/96, my GOV2 is only showing 2X. Is this a common issue?

Nevermind, I'm an idiot. I see that it remains at 2X for 88.2 and 96.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back