LG V50 ThinQ Smartphone
Feb 8, 2020 at 4:15 PM Post #93 of 367
I picked up one of these from Verizon, they had it for $500 on a promo. It's legit. I had a Note 8 before and the difference was readily noticed. I tricked it into aux mode and high impedance mode using a 3.5mm male to female extension (nothing connected - goes to aux mode, sony mdr v6 connected - goes to high impedance mode), then disconnect at the extension and plug in whatever. I'm sure you all know that trick anyway. It certainly has more output power then I'd imagine a phone having. I like it.

Feb 27, 2020 at 2:37 PM Post #94 of 367
Anybody here interested in the V60? It's obviously great news that LG are continuing to produce phones with a 3.5 mm jack and a quality DAC, but I swapped my V40 for a V35 because I found the V40 too big. The V60 is even bigger :frowning2:

Mar 6, 2020 at 8:34 PM Post #96 of 367
How's the equalizer on this phone? I see that there is no root yet and I need to use Viper4Android or DSP. I can live without impulse response and other settings, I think, but I still need a real EQ. Anyone who used a play store EQ knows there is no comparation with V4A, not even close. So how does the internal EQ fair against V4A?

Mar 7, 2020 at 9:39 AM Post #97 of 367
How's the equalizer on this phone? I see that there is no root yet and I need to use Viper4Android or DSP. I can live without impulse response and other settings, I think, but I still need a real EQ. Anyone who used a play store EQ knows there is no comparation with V4A, not even close. So how does the internal EQ fair against V4A?

Use neutron/ uapp and enjoy its EQ.

May 11, 2020 at 10:43 AM Post #100 of 367
The v50 and G8 have ESS 9218B, and the V60 has the 9219. But the V60 loses MQA and Meridian tuning.

May 11, 2020 at 4:32 PM Post #102 of 367
It's still troubling how after 6 generations of V series, LG still hasn't figured out how to bypass Android system resampling. They do virtually zero marketing. Outside of audio circles, people think LG as a cheap giveaway phone from MVNO carriers. The V50 has excellent 4k 60hz recording. V60 has excellent Samsung Dex like desktop function. Only if they put in just little more effort in marketing.

May 11, 2020 at 6:04 PM Post #103 of 367
It's still troubling how after 6 generations of V series, LG still hasn't figured out how to bypass Android system resampling. They do virtually zero marketing. Outside of audio circles, people think LG as a cheap giveaway phone from MVNO carriers. The V50 has excellent 4k 60hz recording. V60 has excellent Samsung Dex like desktop function. Only if they put in just little more effort in marketing.

A lot of gadget makers really do not invest in software development it seems. Phones are barely better than DAPs in this regard. Sometimes even worse... Cowon randomly issued a firmware patch for my 3 year old DAP, but I feel lucky to get 2 or 3 security updates ever from LG or Samsung (Apple look more & more appealing every time I have to replace a phone).

They added Wacom pen compatibility to the v60 and new Velvet afaik, which is pretty awesome yet barely even mentioned it in marketing lol.
Didn't see any mention of Hi-Fi DAC in the Velvet on the article I read... anyone know about that?

Last edited:
May 11, 2020 at 7:20 PM Post #104 of 367
A lot of gadget makers really do not invest in software development it seems. Phones are barely better than DAPs in this regard. Sometimes even worse... Cowon randomly issued a firmware patch for my 3 year old DAP, but I feel lucky to get 2 or 3 security updates ever from LG or Samsung (Apple look more & more appealing every time I have to replace a phone).

They added Wacom pen compatibility to the v60 and new Velvet afaik, which is pretty awesome yet barely even mentioned it in marketing lol.
Didn't see any mention of Hi-Fi DAC in the Velvet on the article I read... anyone know about that?
Apparently the Velvet doesn't have the quad DAC, which is a bit of a shame, because otherwise it looks like a nice phone.

May 21, 2020 at 6:16 PM Post #105 of 367
Hi all. I'm a newbie to LG phones. Considering V50 or 60. Only for its FM Radio feature and the great DAC. Need some facts from owners.

1) Does the music rom FM stations go through the great DAC inside it or bypass it?

2) Can one jump from one FM radio station preset to another using physical side buttons?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back