1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

LG V40 ThinQ

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by all999, Oct 4, 2018.
Tags:
?

Switching from V30

1. Yes

23 vote(s)
    36.5%
  2. No

40 vote(s)
    63.5%
First

Back
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
23 24 25 26
Next

Last
  1. ljnew
    I just got the v35 for $90 on Ebay. The v35 is the same as the v40 except the 5 cameras but the hardware is the same. You may want to check it out. I'm tying for 30 days, if I don't like it I will return it.

It's so cheap because it has a hair scratch on the screen. But I just use this protector to keep it in place and keep it protected.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  2. csglinux
    $90!? I doubt I could even find a replacement battery for that price. Does it actually work? If so, that's the bargain of the century :)

ljnew likes this.
  3. ljnew
    Yessir. I ordered it a few days ago and didn't want to post until I got it today. I'm writing on it now. The catch is they have scratches on the screen but you can't hardly see them and I have a protective case. For $90 and to save about 700 to 800 I can live with a virtually invisible scratch. They have more too but the price is going up some.

4. scottm18
    The v35 is the same as the v40 except the 5 cameras but the hardware is the same

And except for the bigger/better screen and except for the better speakers and except for the more balanced sound of the V40 it's the same :)

The V35 is better described as a V30 with the Snapdragon 845 chip (and added crappy useless DSP audio modes)

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  5. scottm18
    ...but the V40 is a little too big so the V35 is a good compromise. Will be interesting to see if the V50 goes back to the 6-inch screen size like the rumors are.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    ljnew likes this.
  6. csglinux
    Wow, good find! Congrats. Yep, V30/35 has the better form factor - at least for my hands.

ljnew likes this.
  7. Danger
    Sorry if this covered already. Recently got the v40. Wanted something with expandable storage that had better audio than a standard phone. It's working out real well coupled with my FiiO FH5 thus far. Couple questions:

1. When I'm at home sometimes I would potentially like to bypass the dac in the phone and send the signal out to my Modi 3 for decoding. How is this done? If possible does anyone have a link to the proper cable that would get it done?
    2. Has anyone pointed their Tidal downloads to save to a particular micro sd card in the phone and if so how is that done exactly? Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

8. cj3209
  9. ljnew
    1. USB audio player pro Android app.
    2. Go into tidal settings select external storage.

You can use usb audio to play tidal as well.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
    Danger likes this.
  10. musicday
    Dannemand likes this.
  11. cj3209
    Not impressed with the V50 or G8. Love my G7 but the new LG phones have to come up with something to distinguish from Samsung and other phones otherwise, LG will fall behind even more.

There is no reason to get the V50 or G8, not when Sammie has the S10+ with 12gb RAM and 1tb of storage.

LG needs to market the hell out of its quad DAC and partner with a brand the masses know, like Bose (!). Then hire a celebrity like Taylor Swift and create a specialized phone with the same panache as an iPhone. Maybe I should contact LG...lol...

skingg and ljnew like this.
  12. Mhog55
    They can market the hell out of the quad dac until the cows come home. It's still only going to appeal to a small portion of the public. But for that small portion, they could have at least expanded on the audio. A balanced circuit with a better amp would definitely have persuaded me to upgrade.

ljnew likes this.
  13. cj3209
    I like that, a balanced circuit. And a better amp would probably have convinced me to upgrade as well...

But I still say an endorsement from a pop star would really help...
    :)

14. Mhog55
    A pop star and Angus Young! Have to get all generations on board

15. ljnew
    What a waste of an upgrade. I'm guessing the same dac too. IMHO, there hasn't been any significant upgrades since the v20.

First

Back
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
23 24 25 26
Next

Last