LG V30
Jul 26, 2019 at 4:18 AM Post #5,315 of 6,140
Mine is my 1st LG, so I'm not sure how yours will compare. Juan Bagnell compared them in his review, said it's a significant upgrade.

My highest impedance phones are 250 ohm Beyer dt990 Pro. It's powerful, dynanamic, clean and loud at 2/3 volume. I'm not conservative when I say loud, there is plenty of can-shaking power.

It's a little strange, there's a hint of static-ky sibilance at the very high end as the drivers warm up, then disappears after a few minutes. EDIT: I had forgotten to reset my music player's gain, which had been set too high. Once reset, it's just about perfect, 24 bit is a-frikkin-mazing.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2019 at 8:42 AM Post #5,316 of 6,140
Has anyone used the V30 with Sennheiser HD 6xxx or 650. Does it have enough output to run the 650 at an acceptable level. I bought a Xduoo x2 but it is lacking power to run the Senn to an acceptable level. Would the LG combined with the xduoo be enough or what else would you recommend to push theses that is also portable?

I strongly recommend the Massdrop HD58X Jubilee, with 150 ohms is easier to drive them with the LG and you get the "magic" of using big great open headphones powered by just a phone JUST FINE. It's a combo endgame for me at home. I don't need anything else. Just add Tidal and UAPP as the main player and you get a very good experience.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2019 at 1:06 AM Post #5,317 of 6,140
Anyone updated the V30 to Android Pie version yet? If I remember correctly was that there was a incompability with pie version with the uapp?
Mine is waiting for me to take action on the update..

Aug 1, 2019 at 3:51 AM Post #5,320 of 6,140
BTW, using the quad DAC on the V30 for music listening.. I listened for about 4h to music.. and only 5% of the battery was used.. so when compared to a standalone DAP that promises 10-30h of music listening I'd say that the V30 battery is superb for music listening.. on a 100% charge.. I'd say you can listen 50-90h of music depending on the individual phone of course. I use mine only for music..I don't have a SIM card installed.. only WiFi is on..

Aug 1, 2019 at 10:51 PM Post #5,321 of 6,140
BTW, using the quad DAC on the V30 for music listening.. I listened for about 4h to music.. and only 5% of the battery was used.. so when compared to a standalone DAP that promises 10-30h of music listening I'd say that the V30 battery is superb for music listening.. on a 100% charge.. I'd say you can listen 50-90h of music depending on the individual phone of course. I use mine only for music..I don't have a SIM card installed.. only WiFi is on..

Do you know what impedance you phones are? My G8 also has great listening battery life, I have yet to extensively compare my 250 ohm Beyers to my 32 or 64 ohm cans as far as battery is concerned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back