LG V30
Feb 28, 2019 at 12:03 PM Post #5,012 of 6,140
It's actually good for depths of 1.5 metres for 30 minutes.

I know. And it's true, several users have tested this and found it working. As it should.

But that doesn't mean I'm going to bring my phone with me in the pool or the shower. Or wash it as was asked. To me that's unnecessary risk.

The "to my mind" in my post means how I am interpreting the proper user of that protection for myself.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2019 at 1:13 PM Post #5,013 of 6,140
BT going to be dead slow for large transfers.
How about running ftp app on Mac and V30 ?

Well, in the end I got Bluetooth wireless file transfer working between my iMac and the LG V30 (both ways). It's almost as convenient as transfers between my iPhone and iMac in terms of ease of use. In terms of security it's as secure as I can make it as I can turn off Bluetooth on the V30 when I'm done. However, as you rightly point out, the speed is excruciatingly slow! It'll do for a handful of photos at a time for now, until I find a much better solution.

I'm hesitant about FTP as it's not secure so I'll continue to search for a solution, but at least photo transfers are working. I only bought the V30 for the MQA DAC and audio quality, but I've subsequently realised that the camera takes better photos than my iPhone 7.

Feb 28, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #5,016 of 6,140
Just done a quick test using Google Photos. Result! I used the Original Size option on the Google Photos app on the V30 as that's important to me, but I'm limited to 13GB in the cloud that is free, which should be more than enough.

Getting them onto my Mac was simply a matter of logging into Google Photos via Safari and downloading each of the pictures that I wanted via the web interface. There's probably a method of tagging multiple photos and downloading all of them at once, but the current functionality is sufficient for me. The bonus is that I can disable the Bluetooth sharing on my Mac again.

A big thanks to @VI001101106 for the suggestion (and to anyone else who suggested Google Photos. There's no faffing about with apps on my iMac, cables, etc.

Mar 1, 2019 at 3:29 AM Post #5,018 of 6,140
Yesterday i read about lg v50. Probably i keep mine and with actual price, i think i'll buy a second to use like a streamer in my house without sim card

Mar 1, 2019 at 4:18 AM Post #5,019 of 6,140
Still not tempted to upgrade to a new phone from my V30+. Maybe a V50+ with an even better DAC?

The are becoming so Big and that’s off putting if you want one as a DAP. 6” perfect size

Mar 1, 2019 at 9:16 AM Post #5,020 of 6,140
Just done a quick test using Google Photos. Result! I used the Original Size option on the Google Photos app on the V30 as that's important to me, but I'm limited to 13GB in the cloud that is free, which should be more than enough.

Getting them onto my Mac was simply a matter of logging into Google Photos via Safari and downloading each of the pictures that I wanted via the web interface. There's probably a method of tagging multiple photos and downloading all of them at once, but the current functionality is sufficient for me. The bonus is that I can disable the Bluetooth sharing on my Mac again.

A big thanks to @VI001101106 for the suggestion (and to anyone else who suggested Google Photos. There's no faffing about with apps on my iMac, cables, etc.

A quick workaround to selecting multiple pictures at once on the site is to hover on the date of the pics with your mouse then a checkmark appears. Click it and all of the pictures for that day are automatically selected.

Mar 3, 2019 at 10:40 AM Post #5,023 of 6,140
Installed Qobuz on my LG V30. Can't press on songs on main page when I turn it on then I get this message " System UI isn't responding or stopped responding. Do you want to close it?" Followed instructions on net, soft reset, stop Google update, clean cache. No success. USB Pro working fine.

Mar 5, 2019 at 8:05 AM Post #5,025 of 6,140
I found a way, how to trigger AUX mode without adapter. I am soooo happy.
If I insert headphone jack slowly, until hi-fi icon from LG quad dac turns on, than wait for a second and slowly continue, AUX icon from Hi-Fi Status(LG) turns on.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back