LG V30
Feb 25, 2018 at 5:16 PM Post #2,491 of 6,140
I can understand items 1 to 3. What's the issue with the dual SIM/memory slot?

If you rely on a SD memory card like I do for media and certain apps then the phone can utilize only a single SIM card. I travel a lot and usually have two SIM cards which would mean no memory card for the V30. The internal memory is usually not enough for my liking. I guess there is a higher capacity internal memory version of the V30 coming out but I'm sure price will still be ridiculous.

Feb 25, 2018 at 5:23 PM Post #2,492 of 6,140
If you rely on a SD memory card like I do for media and certain apps then the phone can utilize only a single SIM card. I travel a lot and usually have two SIM cards which would mean no memory card for the V30. The internal memory is usually not enough for my liking. I guess there is a higher capacity internal memory version of the V30 coming out but I'm sure price will still be ridiculous.
Ok, got it, thanks. Yeah, I'm sure the 256 Gb version of the V30S ThinQ won't be cheap.

Feb 25, 2018 at 5:59 PM Post #2,493 of 6,140
It's out. I'm on it now. Tmobile and sprint carry the V30+. It's got 128gb memory.

Not sure if you are talking about something more than the 128 version.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2018 at 8:15 PM Post #2,495 of 6,140
For those who want to use 2 sims + 1 SD card at same time, you can consider buying this accessory. can find in amazon and aliexpress

upload_2018-2-26_8-6-52.png

or you can modify your sim card by following this video starting from 2:27
It is in Thai language but very easy to follow by itself. :)

Feb 25, 2018 at 8:31 PM Post #2,496 of 6,140
I'm using a 400gb SDXC. Problem solved. Of course. it costed $230, so there's that.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2018 at 11:20 AM Post #2,499 of 6,140
Hey all...i have absolutely no stake in this, but me thinks this speaker would sound pretty incredible with the V30 as source--either direct or BT. Launch day is *today* 2/27 if anyone wants to take a chance--I for one have been following this for awhile and the specs are quite impressive for the asking price. 200 watts @ 20hz low end? I'm pondering backing it myself...100 available at lowest cost.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/...reless-speaker-music-audio/x/592491#/comments

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2018 at 1:35 PM Post #2,500 of 6,140
Hey all...i have absolutely no stake in this, but me thinks this speaker would sound pretty incredible with the V30 as source--either direct or BT. Launch day is *today* 2/27 if anyone wants to take a chance--I for one have been following this for awhile and the specs are quite impressive for the asking price. 200 watts @ 20hz low end? I'm pondering backing it myself...100 available at lowest cost.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/...reless-speaker-music-audio/x/592491#/comments

Thanks for posting the link! I checked out their video. It did look interesting to begin with :) Now I hate to be cynical, but...

1) Their AWSM(?) proprietary technology "restores compressed audio files to their original, pre-compression state". I'll break this piece of BS down into one manageable chunk: no it doesn't. You can mathematically prove that's impossible.
2) Their proprietary technology also "creates super-bass by compressing the air" (well, all sound-generation systems generate compression and rarefaction, so no big surprise there), but they also make the sound waves go "faster". So they've figured out a way to increase the partial derivative of pressure with respect to density?!? I'll break this one down also - no they haven't. Not unless they've figured out a way of changing the physics of this universe, which I severely doubt.

Maybe this speaker sounds half decent (it's huge and pretty expensive, so one would hope so), but their marketing is utter nonsense. I wouldn't risk parting with a cent of my money to a company this sketchy.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2018 at 2:53 PM Post #2,501 of 6,140
Thanks for posting the link! I checked out their video. It did look interesting to begin with :) Now I hate to be cynical, but..

I know...this is the first time i've seen the 'marketing' page. My main concern is a "custom" bluetooth scheme he outlined (not aptx or ldac)...oh and as you alluded to...how in the world could this cylinder gets anywhere near 20hz!

Feb 28, 2018 at 1:14 AM Post #2,502 of 6,140
Hi guys, i'm wondering how LG V30 compared to Fiio X7ii and AK70ii? Anybody compared to those daps before?

Tried the phone at the store. Really like it, i couldnt try the SQ as the store was too noisy.

Feb 28, 2018 at 9:29 AM Post #2,503 of 6,140
Hi guys, i'm wondering how LG V30 compared to Fiio X7ii and AK70ii? Anybody compared to those daps before?

Tried the phone at the store. Really like it, i couldnt try the SQ as the store was too noisy.

IMHO, the A&K models are (and have always been) poor value for money. If you want a really great-sounding DAP that doesn't allow streaming (local playback only), I'd recommend the QP1R or QP2R. Both are really good and do sound (slightly) more resolving than the V30. They also out-perform all A&K models, with the possible exception of the A&Ultima SP1000, which I've not had a chance to do a careful A/B with yet. (But $3500 for a DAP with no Playstore support?!?)

The FiiO X7 mark ii I like a lot. Its sound quality I find very slightly better than that of the LG V30, as long as you're willing to use its balanced (2.5 mm) output. It has about the same output impedance as the V30 (~1.2 Ohm). It has no re-sampling issues (offline Tidal playback without the cruddy re-sampling artifacts!). However, you will need to be prepared to carry another device around with you - and FiiO's software still has a few little bugs. Remember the last time your V30 playback stuttered, or an app froze, crashed, and/or forced you to reboot the device? Me neither. You have to be prepared for some of this with the X7ii.

Feb 28, 2018 at 10:04 AM Post #2,504 of 6,140
IMHO, the A&K models are (and have always been) poor value for money. If you want a really great-sounding DAP that doesn't allow streaming (local playback only), I'd recommend the QP1R or QP2R. Both are really good and do sound (slightly) more resolving than the V30. They also out-perform all A&K models, with the possible exception of the A&Ultima SP1000, which I've not had a chance to do a careful A/B with yet. (But $3500 for a DAP with no Playstore support?!?)

The FiiO X7 mark ii I like a lot. Its sound quality I find very slightly better than that of the LG V30, as long as you're willing to use its balanced (2.5 mm) output. It has about the same output impedance as the V30 (~1.2 Ohm). It has no re-sampling issues (offline Tidal playback without the cruddy re-sampling artifacts!). However, you will need to be prepared to carry another device around with you - and FiiO's software still has a few little bugs. Remember the last time your V30 playback stuttered, or an app froze, crashed, and/or forced you to reboot the device? Me neither. You have to be prepared for some of this with the X7ii.

I agree on the X7 mark ii; I had been using an LG v30 with my 64 Audio A18 - and it really provided everything most DAPs could. The a18, while an expensive and super resolving CIEM really pairs well with most things - and I've tried nearly DAP out there with it.

Unfortunately my V30 stopped being able to get e-mails from work - which is obviously important. The Fiio X7 ii was close to the v30 in tonality but more resolving.

I don't think you necessarily need balanced - I think it depends on your IEM. I've tried it out of both with the same cable and couldn't hear an appreciable difference. That said, as the Fiio with stock player is slightly brighter I switched from an Eros cable (silver coper hybrid cable) to Ares (copper cable), and that balanced the frequency spectrum up significantly.

Regarading bugs everything mentioned is correct. Its not going to be as smooth of a user experience as a top android phone - but relative to other DAPs that run Android, I feel it's less buggy.

It also has 2 micro SD card slots, and I am running 2x400gb microsd. I can basically have my whole music library on it in hires - and a ton of DSD. I still have 64gb internally, which I use for podcasts - another benefit of having an android dap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back