LG V30
May 27, 2018 at 10:02 AM Post #3,302 of 6,140
Sad that you're returning your V30 though. I think it's an outstanding phone - and not just for audio. Why are you unhappy with it? Is it defective?

It is that dreaded screen of the V30.
The first V30 had that awful blue tint that was visible when viewing it at angles any less than perfectly straight. My replacement unit not only has the same blue tint but also has severe screen banding. I can clearly see the colour gradient from left to right of the screen when using imgur/chrome incognito at brighness as high as 25%.

Now, I am feeling that I should have kept the first unit . Other than the screen the phone was perfect.

May 27, 2018 at 10:17 AM Post #3,303 of 6,140
I don't know if the same chip can have different tuning (warmth or coloring). May be I missed it, do you happen to own both of them?
Of course the same dac can have different sound tuning regarding implementation. Good example is iBasso DX80 and AK 240. They have exactly the same chips Dual Cirrus Logic CS4398. Despite the clear similarities like extended, forward-like mids, ak has way bigger soundstage, clearly warmer sound. There are many examples like this out there.

May 27, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #3,304 of 6,140
Anyone having weird Wi-Fi issues with their phone? Mine seems to put the Wi-Fi to sleep no matter what the setting is. I almost went over my 10 gig plan last month on my cellular plan testing out Tidal hifi at home with Wi-Fi on!

Last edited:
May 27, 2018 at 11:06 AM Post #3,305 of 6,140
Of course the same dac can have different sound tuning regarding implementation. Good example is iBasso DX80 and AK 240. They have exactly the same chips Dual Cirrus Logic CS4398. Despite the clear similarities like extended, forward-like mids, ak has way bigger soundstage, clearly warmer sound. There are many examples like this out there.
True, but those many examples are all slightly different kettles of fish. The V30 and M0 also share the same amp module.

Anyone having weird Wi-Fi issues with their phone? Mine seems to put the Wi-Fi to sleep no matter what the setting is. I almost went over my 10 gig plan last month on my cellular plan testing out Tidal hifi at home with Wi-Fi on!
My guess would be that your home router needs rebooting, or its broadcast channel switching so as not to conflict with your neighbors' Neflix streaming.

May 27, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #3,306 of 6,140
True, but those many examples are all slightly different kettles of fish. The V30 and M0 also share the same amp module.

My guess would be that your home router needs rebooting, or its broadcast channel switching so as not to conflict with your neighbors' Neflix streaming.
It doesn't seem to effect anything else (xbox1, laptop, Samsung tablet etc..), but Thank you good sir! I'll try it.

May 27, 2018 at 9:16 PM Post #3,310 of 6,140
The Hiby R3 will not download Tidal titles. So no need to try it.
My LG V30+ is full, can I still download songs from Tidal using a SD card, or is it limited to files coming from computer/laptop? Clueless :wink:)

Not sure I understand what you mean with "files coming from computer/laptop" But yes you can download to SD card from Tidal. In settings in the Tidal app you choose where you want to download to, internal storage or SD card. This goes for all Android devices.

May 27, 2018 at 9:19 PM Post #3,311 of 6,140
The Hiby R3 will not download Tidal titles. So no need to try it.
My LG V30+ is full, can I still download songs from Tidal using a SD card, or is it limited to files coming from computer/laptop? Clueless :wink:)
That was a huge let down about the R3 :frowning2: Perhaps not as big of a let--down as the Ossic X 3D, but close.

Yes, on the V30, you can specify the download destination as memory card :)

May 29, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #3,315 of 6,140
But the volume seems to be much lower on youtube than on say LG music app or google music app. Why is that so ?
i don´t know. in mine, when i listen with tidal app, i need to change to aux mode. with usb audio player pro the volume is good in normal mode

Users who are viewing this thread

Back