LG V30

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by ModestMase, Aug 28, 2017.
First

Back
149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158
160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169
Next

Last
  1. kdphan
    I'm not seeing the Hiby R6 available anywhere though.

Isn't first shipment in March 2018?

2. scottm18
  3. kdphan
  4. Loquah
    I'd check out the AudioQuest NightHawks if you want more bass and still good clarity. Beyerdynamic Amiron Home are nice too if you want to keep a leaner sound, but still with more bass than HD800.

5. csglinux
    Awesome tips! Thanks so much for sharing :)

Also useful feedback - thanks! I'm not big a fan of Bluetooth, but in a possible defense of the V30 - my experience with the XB10 is the noise floor cleans up a lot via its balanced output. Like most BT receiver amps, its SE output gives a decent amount of hiss with sensitive IEMs. In that regard, I found the XB10's SE noise floor (with aptX) is the same on the S8 and V30.

Also, I suspect some of the AVRCP issues you're facing might actually be the fault of Neutron. Getting Neutron to play nice with remote BT controls (and stopping playback at disconnect, not automatically starting playback on connect, etc.) is something I've been fighting for years. Neutron has a lot of settings to adjust this type of control, but I often still find it necessary to use Tasker.

6. Ales75

I am not agree... i use all the three main apps, Neutron, UAPP, LG M.Player, i may have artifacts only or mostly from DSD files with headphones, not talking about usb out. UAPP is in ALPHA with direct mode, i am testing it.. and i have bit different situation may be cause i am on oreo, direct mode works good.. but there is a bug on the flags wich are passed to android to engage or disengage the direct driver.. if you listen trought out a variety of formats, like me, there's the need to change them every time, UAPP still does not elaborate them automatically... as much as tidal MQA isn't working yet for the above mentioned bug.

7. csglinux
    AFAIK, Oreo is still a bit of a mess right now and the devs are scrambling to fix the issues it's created. I would imagine this will all be sorted out in time. But that's the nature of the beast these days - you purchase TOTL hardware and flawless bug-free software is hanging like a carrot from the end of the string tied to a stick attached to the donkey...

8. Ales75
    Well,let's forget the audio thing for a minute, i'm on Oreo since 1 december .. and own the phone since september, i already received 4 oreo updates and you can't imagine how much they each improved the phone.. at this exactly moment the V30 only retains hardware bugs, like the front nightmare camera for example, wich unfortunately can't be fixed, back to audio thing i gained LDAC for my wireless... and this is a real deal :)

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  9. james444 Contributor
    Just for clarification, the static noise I heard with aptX was like occasional pops during quiet music passages, not like a constant hiss or noise floor. And playing the same tracks from my SGS3 via aptX to the XB10 did not produce these pops. If anyone's interested in trying for themselves, it was particularly noticeable during the "Empty White House" track from Mica Levi's "Jackie" soundtrack.

As for AVRCP and Neutron, I know where you're coming from, lol. [​IMG] You're right, I can't entirely rule out that some of the issues might be due to Neutron. However, I made sure that Neutron configuration in that regard was the same as on my SGS3 (which works flawlessly with these receivers). Plus, I also tried the V30 stock player and it too seemed to behave unreliably with AVRCP.

Bottom line, if it weren't for the bluetooth issues, I'd dearly love this phone. I hope LG can get this fixed some day...

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  10. jagwap
    This is a great fix. I've just done this for a few albums and it comes up on the dispaly as 44.1kHz/24bit, and while I need to set up a blind test, it seems to do the trick.

If you remember to make sure you switch of dither in the process, the files are no larger as the extra 8 bits are empty.

I used Audacy, which has a batch file system that can only handle one album at a time, so I need to find a more practical solution, especially as Ive just invested in and filled a new 400GB microsd.

11. Drewligarchy
    dBPoweramp is great and well worth the $39 dollars (for either Mac or PC). In addition to the music converter and batch converter, it includes great CD ripping software that automatically adds accurate metadata and cover art, as well as a program to easily edit ID Tags. They also have a trial if you want to check it out.

I know I sound like a salesman for them, but I am in no way affiliated - I just think it's great software.

12. Loquah
    Let's place some emphasis here on the fact that it is still an alpha, not even beta yet. This software couldn't be any more raw so completely unfair to point out bugs. I've received 3 updates to the alpha in the last few days alone so it's clearly being improved constantly.

13. Ales75
    OO yeah, just pointing it out about UAPP + Tidal MQA/direct situation at the moment since here many people are asking about it and don't know, and, currently helping him as much as i can to sort it out during my free time.

Loquah likes this.
  14. csglinux
    Maybe if enough of us bugged Tidal, they might do something about their own Android app...? :wink:

15. Ales75
    oo Yeah can't be more agree.. however currently listening at my MQA playlist via direct driver on UAPP and even if not as it should.. working good so far. :)
    Very happy.. btw you need the correct song to hear some differences ( to me ), or may be my ears are gone.. :frowning2:

alota likes this.
First

Back
149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158
160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169
Next

Last