LG V30
Jan 10, 2018 at 2:21 PM Post #2,133 of 6,140
thats what i was thinking. I just ignore it when the argument comes up, again..... @SomeGuyDude

I ain't sticking my balls in that beehive again. The mentality of refusing to accept that someone liked something you don't will never make sense to me.

Jan 10, 2018 at 2:24 PM Post #2,134 of 6,140
I ain't sticking my balls in that beehive again. The mentality of refusing to accept that someone liked something you don't will never make sense to me.
But you clearly are by acknowledging me, clever clogs.

I didn't refuse to accept you liked something different, merely analysing and debating your points as I'm very much open to any phone. You had the hissy fit and decided to abruptly end the discussion.

I've never said the Note 8 is bad phone and I've always stayed objective in regards to each phones merit.

Jan 10, 2018 at 2:33 PM Post #2,135 of 6,140
I picked up the v30 yesterday and it sounds great with my isine 10's neutron player eq'd. I tried it briefly last night with my hifiman edition x and it didn't get loud enough - I will try to trick it into high impediance mode like I did with the v20 and he it that helps. For the person asking above about this phone and a half descent dap ie. fiio x5 3rd gen which I also have there is not much of a difference between the 2 for sound quality, the lg is much bigger screen / better battery life, etc. but if you are buying the lg v30 to sound significantly better you will be disappointed

With the isine 10s, trick the amp into aux mode buy unplugging one side before plugging it into the phone. The extra power really helps since its planars, plus you eq, so it will help when your lowering the preamp gain. v30 + isine10 + neutron = muther****ing win

Jan 10, 2018 at 3:18 PM Post #2,137 of 6,140
With the isine 10s, trick the amp into aux mode buy unplugging one side before plugging it into the phone. The extra power really helps since its planars, plus you eq, so it will help when your lowering the preamp gain. v30 + isine10 + neutron = muther****ing win

That's the issue with the v30's auto-impedance mode. Planars have low impedance sometimes but really need power to drive, so you end up in the curious position where the v30 can drive the HD800 to ear-bleeding levels but struggles with an LCD-X.

Jan 10, 2018 at 3:31 PM Post #2,138 of 6,140
Yeah i was hoping lg got the memo after 3 generation, not the case. Thats why i found it funny that they implemented all the preset eqs and filters but left out gain selecting. they could have hid it somewhere for techys to find and turn on but goes back to regular levels when you unplug your headphones.

Jan 10, 2018 at 3:33 PM Post #2,139 of 6,140
Yeah i was hoping lg got the memo after 3 generation, not the case. Thats why i found it funny that they implemented all the preset eqs and filters but left out gain selecting. they could have hid it somewhere for techys to find and turn on but goes back to regular levels when you unplug your headphones.

Someone said it was a safety issue, they didn't want people (likely kids) throwing it into high impedance mode with their Skullcandies to make it louder and blowing their ears out, but that strikes me as dubious.

The fact that you can't custom EQ is pretty annoying as well. On my Note 8 that was how I solved the volume issue.

Jan 10, 2018 at 7:52 PM Post #2,140 of 6,140
@ csglinux, SomeGuyDude, Loquah and jtfrazier, thanks a lot for your views & help.

I'm actually very tempted to buy the LV30. I tried it today and I liked it very very much. I asked a friend of mine who uses it only as a DAP and not as a smartphone...

Still, I have doubts about giving that money for an equipment that will be replaced soon. And I don't need a new smartphone right now. I've read about the G7 and LV40 for this year .... I think a DAC/AMP will always have greater longevity, don't you think? The LV20 was released a year ago and who still talks about it?

Okay, but thinking I'll decide to buy it, I ask if you can suggest a quite good in-ear phones for it? I listen to all kinds of music, but especially electronic music (I appreciate a good bass).

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2018 at 8:08 PM Post #2,141 of 6,140
Still, I have doubts about giving that money for an equipment that will be replaced soon. And I don't need a new smartphone right now. I've read about the G7 and LV40 for this year .... I think a DAC/AMP will always have greater longevity, don't you think? The LV20 was released a year ago and who still talks about it?

Well, everything eventually gets replaced :) It's human nature that there's a buzz around something that's new, and nobody talks about kit that's been around for a while. Just because equipment isn't new, or isn't talked about much, doesn't mean it's obsolete. I'm testing a Meizu Pro 5 right now that @yfei lent me. It isn't new - it's been superseded by newer models, and I don't think I've seen anybody on headfi talk about it, but it still sounds amazing (in some situations better than the V30).

Okay, but thinking I'll decide to buy it, I ask if you can suggest a quite good in-ear phones for it? I listen to all kinds of music, but especially electronic music (I appreciate a good bass).

My first recommendation for IEMs is usually the FLC8S. For a near-bargain price, they're easy to drive, almost infinitely configurable and compete remarkably well against the KSE1500 (the world's best IEM - IMHO).

Jan 10, 2018 at 8:40 PM Post #2,143 of 6,140
I cant seem to trick the high impediance mode with my hifiman edition x - I have a headphone splitter will borrow my friends sennheiser hd598 to trick it - it worked with my lg v20 - may just buy them off him but would never use them to listen to anything lol

edit without the high impediance I cant listen to the edition x on the v30 - doesn't get loud or sound great

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2018 at 9:02 PM Post #2,145 of 6,140
I got the 75 ohm adaptor (Dunu) and it triggers High impedance mode, however, both my Velvet V2 and Triple Fi's sound considerably quieter....go figure...
On the other hand, triggering external mode with any extension cable, helps if I ever want my earphones or headphones to sound louder.
My 75 ohm adaptor is on sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back