LG V30
Dec 22, 2017 at 12:13 AM Post #1,876 of 6,140
I found out that you can use shures earphone adapter, it gets into high impedance mode right away!
Yea, I saw your post about that earlier and ordered one from amazon, thanks!

Dec 22, 2017 at 1:30 AM Post #1,877 of 6,140
Yea, I saw your post about that earlier and ordered one from amazon, thanks!

Cool i reduce the volume by 1/4 on the adapter it reduces the floor noise to 0 audible. It realy works its amazing.

The next trick i am going to try is have an aux adapter conected with shure adapter. And after conecting it to v30 then just remove the shure adapter and hopefully the phone will stay in high impedance and would maybe improve sq. Will see soon :)

Dec 22, 2017 at 7:36 AM Post #1,878 of 6,140
Guys! Sorry if this has been asked before....

If one uses the Tidal App offline, does it use the quad DAC?

If it does - anyone comment on sound quality?

Dec 22, 2017 at 10:09 AM Post #1,879 of 6,140
Guys! Sorry if this has been asked before....

If one uses the Tidal App offline, does it use the quad DAC?

If it does - anyone comment on sound quality?

I use tidal and spotify and you get full sq always no problems there. Only thing is you are limited to tidal hifi or spotifys 320 kbps quality that it.

Dec 22, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #1,880 of 6,140
The next trick i am going to try is have an aux adapter conected with shure adapter. And after conecting it to v30 then just remove the shure adapter and hopefully the phone will stay in high impedance and would maybe improve sq. Will see soon :)
Should work fine. You'd basically be doing the same thing I demonstrated in the album I posted.

Dec 22, 2017 at 12:29 PM Post #1,881 of 6,140
Guys do you think the ifi micro idsd black would be able to perform a better sq than v30? Looking onto improving sq here :) i want more details and sound stage specialy in mids and high on my shure se846

Dec 22, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #1,882 of 6,140
Guys do you think the ifi micro idsd black would be able to perform a better sq than v30? Looking onto improving sq here :) i want more details and sound stage specialy in mids and high on my shure se846

At the level we are talking about, your greatest sound quality change will be more dependent on the IEMs/Headphones/Speakers that you choose and the quality of the source files, than from the DAC. The $550 you spend on the DAC would be better spent purchasing music. If you do decide to get that DAC, there was no reason to purchase the V30.

Dec 22, 2017 at 4:44 PM Post #1,884 of 6,140
At the level we are talking about, your greatest sound quality change will be more dependent on the IEMs/Headphones/Speakers that you choose and the quality of the source files, than from the DAC. The $550 you spend on the DAC would be better spent purchasing music. If you do decide to get that DAC, there was no reason to purchase the V30.

Well i got the v30 half price from the mobile provider. But I was thinking that sq could be improved if i get the ifi idsd black or mojo.
But i dont have enouf experience to answer that. This is why i ask what you guys here have tested and experienced.

So if I folow your recommendation better change the iems, thats the only thing that could bring me the details in mids and high I am looking for?

So listening on tidal hifi is that good enouf? Some times i dont see any big difference with spotify. But i hate tidal poor app and bad sugestions. While spotify is so spot on for me but no hifi and there is a limit of 3333 songs you can have in offeline only.

Dec 22, 2017 at 4:45 PM Post #1,885 of 6,140
Got myself a V30 today. Sounds incredible compared to my HTC10.

Thats good news. I remember those days when htc10 was top device for audio hehe in mobile segment

Dec 22, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #1,886 of 6,140
Well i got the v30 half price from the mobile provider. But I was thinking that sq could be improved if i get the ifi idsd black or mojo.
But i dont have enouf experience to answer that. This is why i ask what you guys here have tested and experienced.

So if I folow your recommendation better change the iems, thats the only thing that could bring me the details in mids and high I am looking for?

So listening on tidal hifi is that good enouf? Some times i dont see any big difference with spotify. But i hate tidal poor app and bad sugestions. While spotify is so spot on for me but no hifi and there is a limit of 3333 songs you can have in offeline only.

No. If the source of your music is Tidal or Spotify, you will not get any appreciable additional benefit. Those are considered low and medium quality sources. If you want to really exercise this DAC, get music from AIX records, Naxos Records, Blue Coast Records, 2L Music, iTrax, Native DSD. These are a few of the high quality audio labels that have music that was RECORDED in high resolution and distributed that way also. Keep away from HDMusic, Onkyo Music, iTunes, etc., and all of the streaming services.

Dec 22, 2017 at 6:24 PM Post #1,887 of 6,140
No. If the source of your music is Tidal or Spotify, you will not get any appreciable additional benefit. Those are considered low and medium quality sources. If you want to really exercise this DAC, get music from AIX records, Naxos Records, Blue Coast Records, 2L Music, iTrax, Native DSD. These are a few of the high quality audio labels that have music that was RECORDED in high resolution and distributed that way also. Keep away from HDMusic, Onkyo Music, iTunes, etc., and all of the streaming services.

PFfffhhahahahahahaahahah

And don't forget to listen to the files a few times so the bits are loosened up, right??

EDIT: Hold on I'm still laughing. I got $100 that you couldn't tell 320 from lossless, and I got $1000 that you'd never in a million years be able to tell Tidal lossless from any of those places.

This snake oil crap is getting insane in this thread. Between people forcing impedance levels for no reason and now we're at a point where one lossless file is considered "inferior" to another I feel like this whole hobby is starting to spiral into pure lunacy.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2017 at 7:28 PM Post #1,888 of 6,140
PFfffhhahahahahahaahahah

And don't forget to listen to the files a few times so the bits are loosened up, right??

EDIT: Hold on I'm still laughing. I got $100 that you couldn't tell 320 from lossless, and I got $1000 that you'd never in a million years be able to tell Tidal lossless from any of those places.

This snake oil crap is getting insane in this thread. Between people forcing impedance levels for no reason and now we're at a point where one lossless file is considered "inferior" to another I feel like this whole hobby is starting to spiral into pure lunacy.

Yep...it just may be a bit over the top! :ksc75smile:

You know what struck me about that list was the obscurity of the artists on the labels...

Are we really at a stage where we'd rather hear just 'any random artist' just because it's recorded at Native DSD? Seems totally bassackwards to me! I'd rather hear Clapton or SRV at 96kbps through an AM transistor radio than the most flawless recording of some obscure artist that can't play a lick.

Don't get me wrong, I like a good system to hear my favorite artists through...but I'm listening to the music -- not the system.

Dec 22, 2017 at 7:35 PM Post #1,889 of 6,140
Yep...it just may be a bit over the top! :ksc75smile:

You know what struck me about that list was the obscurity of the artists on the labels...

Are we really at a stage where we'd rather hear just 'any random artist' just because it's recorded at Native DSD? Seems totally bassackwards to me! I'd rather hear Clapton or SRV at 96kbps through an AM transistor radio than the most flawless recording of some obscure artist that can't play a lick.

Don't get me wrong, I like a good system to hear my favorite artists through...but I'm listening to the music -- not the system.

That's exactly it. When we had a bigass meet in Pittsburgh, one of the guys with the most expensive gear (not THE most) just had it hooked up Spotify. And this was with an array of ZMF and other high-end crap with massive amps and the like. Why? Because it's high enough fidelity. And if that dude, who absolutely could afford Tidal at least, thinks Spotify is plenty for his summit-fi equipment, it's plenty for us listening out of a damn phone.

Like you said, I don't listen to files either. I listen to music. I'm not going to hunt down obscure-ass music from these websites just because it has a bit-depth and sample rate that has high enough numbers to make me feel like it matters.

I use the iBasso IT03 in the v30 with Spotify to listen to my favorite music, and it sounds amazing. That's enough. "low to medium quality" LMAOOOOOO

Dec 22, 2017 at 7:36 PM Post #1,890 of 6,140
PFfffhhahahahahahaahahah
Between people forcing impedance levels for no reason and now we're at a point where one lossless file is considered "inferior" to another I feel like this whole hobby is starting to spiral into pure lunacy.

To be fair, some people have a legitimate reason for trying to force high impedance mode...planar magnetic headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back