LG V20 Sound Quality
Aug 30, 2019 at 5:02 AM Post #3,916 of 4,141
where did you order from please, I can't find any

Aug 30, 2019 at 5:32 AM Post #3,918 of 4,141
Aug 30, 2019 at 5:38 AM Post #3,919 of 4,141
Sep 4, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #3,921 of 4,141
I have an idea, it might be hot garbage but...

I read to trick the V20 into high impedance mode a +50ohms resistor is required on the right channel. So I took my current IEMs cable, a 3.5mm to 2pin, and bridged the 2pin end with the jack pins on a pair of high impendence (60ohms) headphones I own then plugged the 3.5mm end it into the V20 and success, high impedance mode activated.

My follow up idea is to get a female mmcx socket and solder in a +50ohms resistor, then when I get the Tin Hifi P1 IEMS I will remove the right IEM, replace with the female mmcx resistor I made, insert 3.5mm end into the v20, then swap the right side P1 back on the cable.

If successfully the advantages of this method I see are as follows.
Cheaper
higher quality as no patch cable is needed
less to carry around.

I imagine on a 2pin cable, you might only need to use tiny resistor itself, just bridge the pins on the right channel when inserting the cable, then plug in the iem/headphones in

I'm a newbie so everything I said could be wrong, this is why I humbly submit this idea for the scrutiny of the head-fi hive mind.

thanks[/QUOTE

The key is to make a female plug for the right plug that goes to the headphone. Solder a 60 -100 ohm resistor across the plug. Plug in the wire into the phone, unplug your female plug with the resistor and plug in the headphone.
I have the Oppo PM3, which have an ordinary jack in the headphone end, which makes it easy to make a female plug. Works fine. Alternatively you can just plug in the wire without the headphone and you will get a medium power amplifier. Quite simple.

Sep 7, 2019 at 8:46 AM Post #3,922 of 4,141
I'm in the UK, I'm a bit concerned that the ones on aliexpress look fake, the only other option I can find has a questionable site, has anyone had experience with either and can confirm its legit?

http://www.perfineshop.com/product/image-processing.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/i/32957219050.html
I've had this audio dynamo for 3 years, come October. I must have gone through a dozen different batterie,s from all sorts of sources, Amazon, Aliexpress and a site in Singapore where I pad $35 for the 1st of the Li-Po's (they are now much cheaper). I always carry a spare. They all worked. I'm really hard on batteries as I listen to music all day, when I'm away from home, Wired, bluetooth and couple of external DAC's, All the batteries seem to last about a year before they poop out except for the Perfine 6600's. I just ordered 2 4500 Li-Po's from Aliexpress and a new slim back cover that is supposed to provide better cooling. Streaming MLB games really heats the sucker up. This is the 1st phone I've ever had longer then a year primarily because of the DAC and the replaceable battery. I blast it on full brightness, volume turned to "11", LDAC set to high quality. As they said on the 1st battery I got, "Life is Good", I would add that "Music is Life" and this phone(?) is the best portable tech I'll ever likely own.

Oct 2, 2019 at 4:53 PM Post #3,924 of 4,141
Hi guys,
as I wanted a DAP for my daily 2 hours bus and needed to upgrade from my Nokia 3210 (yes, I am using it :) ), I've seen a LG V20 as a great cheap used alternative. It's working fine, done the tricks OEM music player/enable 16/44.1 on a rooted former AT&T V20. First, I find the ESS DAC enable is a very light improvement, no way to hear the SQ gain in the bus but only in quiet listening with good headphones.
Now is my question, as always it's a chain so links must "match" sonically to give the best. I find my Alessandro MS-1 (MS-1000 mod) to be a tad bright with the V20, but it's OK to me I can cope with it. Now I've bought 30USD JVC HA-S500 and it's so muddy bassy unclear with added boost to cymbals I don't like it. I wonder if some Koss KSC75 (which I owned long time ago and remember to be good and far less muddy) are a good pick, said in an other way any know great match for the V20 you can recommend under 50USD?
Thanks!

Oct 2, 2019 at 5:40 PM Post #3,925 of 4,141
KSC75 is great with the v20. For better fit and soundstage, I use mine with the headband mod and yaxipads.
But on a bus I would personally go with an IEM to isolate the sound of the bus out and the music in. I'm digging the KZ ZSX at the moment but have Blon BL03 is arriving soon.

Oct 3, 2019 at 3:12 AM Post #3,927 of 4,141
What they said. The IEM route.

Not bulky and isolates you with the noise around.

Oct 3, 2019 at 7:46 AM Post #3,929 of 4,141
Thanks guys,
but sadly I can't stand IEMs :frowning2:
May buy the KSC75 as a quick replacement.

Oct 5, 2019 at 2:08 PM Post #3,930 of 4,141
I'm in the UK, I'm a bit concerned that the ones on aliexpress look fake, the only other option I can find has a questionable site, has anyone had experience with either and can confirm its legit?

http://www.perfineshop.com/product/image-processing.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/i/32957219050.html

I realize you prolly got your battery by now but for anyone else those links are the one's I bought and they are genuine. I'm personally delighted with them, I've never had a phone that had lasted so long on a charge ever. Only downside for me is that it took a good month to be delivered to Ireland, but what can you do, the world is big.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back