LG V20 Sound Quality
Mar 3, 2018 at 9:55 PM Post #3,483 of 4,141
Im new to the lgv20 also. I use Sandisk with a read write 80/20 I get no slow down lag or anything . Its 128gb and its loaded up .I've been using it for I think a week or so. On my HTC phones I've never gone below 80 read speeds.
I have another Sandisk coming in with a read of 100

The first Samsung I tried froze and I never went back. (had sandisks die on me too) great customer service.They sent me new ones in a flash.

Mar 3, 2018 at 10:00 PM Post #3,484 of 4,141
I actually sold my htc10 last night. I'm loving the sound on this thing .Very clear. I'm hearing subtleties that I've never picked up before.. That doesn't even happen to this extent with new headphones. I love HTC. Still have my one 8 but this lg has been a huge surprise .Not knocking the HTC 10 at all. That's a beauty also .Needed the funds for other things

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2018 at 10:18 PM Post #3,485 of 4,141
People (not you) should REALLY stop obsessing over the high impedance mode, this is getting ridiculous.
You DO get the Quad-dac engaged even with normal impedance IEMs/headphones.

Many people including me have said it a number of times: high impedance mode DOESN'T sound better with IEMs that don't need high juice and higher volume.

Of course it's annoying not to be able to choose impedance modes, but I really wonder how anyone could prefer a X5iii to V20...
X5iii UI is a complicated mess, and the autonomy is downright horrrible. And I can't even say I heard anything better with the balanced output, unlike the additional power and slight enhanced soundstage that can be appreciated with some other DAPs (not all). It's like X5iii was beta-testing ground for the X7ii (= much better experience).

I know you said not me, but I'm just experiencing this. My Earsonics sm64 sound like a dream with the. Quad engaged .

Why in the world. Would you get upset with people enjoying something .

Isn't that what we are here for.? I havent even determined if my sm3s, Or my ortofons sound better with the quad dac engaged.. I sure love the extra juice on the sm3,, without the. QD engaged there's not enough to push these,, so in that sense engaging The QD with under 50ohms on my sm3s make them SOUND MUCH BETTER.. I love the sm3s loud. Real loud .My ears do not abide by how many headfiers. said so.. I love using that 75ohm adapter. Sounds better to me, easy.

Please try not to be a kill joy.. This $hit is a blast. I'll let my doctor tell me to cool it on the obsessions.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2018 at 10:52 PM Post #3,486 of 4,141
Someone mentioned many pages back that the v20 resembles a tube sound. I completely agree. The instruments pop out and are lively like tubes. My ortofons resemble tubes slightly .That's probably why I love this combo the most .I'm just super enjoying this thing.

Thank you all for the input.. I appreciate all of your expertise

See you in a couple of years.
Blessings.

Mar 4, 2018 at 8:08 AM Post #3,488 of 4,141
Im new to the lgv20 also. I use Sandisk with a read write 80/20 I get no slow down lag or anything . Its 128gb and its loaded up .I've been using it for I think a week or so. On my HTC phones I've never gone below 80 read speeds.
I have another Sandisk coming in with a read of 100

The first Samsung I tried froze and I never went back. (had sandisks die on me too) great customer service.They sent me new ones in a flash.
I used both (Sandisk because they were the first to propose 200GB microSD cards back then, at a fair price now, and for the rest Samsung Evo and Evo Plus, and some Samsung Pro when I needed extra writing speed for my reflex camera).
The only issue I encountered was with a Samsung Evo (or Evo+, I'm not sure anymore) bought cheaper from a spanish seller on ebay ; it turned out it was not a samsung card, but a fraud. He issued a paypal refund immediately when I wrote to him, I'm sure he knew but didn't want bad publicity.
Never had any issues with genuine cards (I buy those from Amazon now, not from third party sellers). And never had any freezing on my V10 or V20 from these (cheaper Evo) cards, even with high definition files. This Evo line has good speed even with non sequential reading or writing (some cards are speedy with big files, but so so with little ones).

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2018 at 11:03 AM Post #3,489 of 4,141
Yeah great point .That Samsung Evo I bought with problems could have been a fake. I also bought it on eBay.
I hope you get that lag all that sorted out

My next card will be a Samsung evo. I've got an internal and an external drive on pc and they are super.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2018 at 3:07 PM Post #3,490 of 4,141
I am quite enjoying LG V20 and pico slim on the road.Wonderful combo,everything gets a big boost,clarity,dynamics,treble quality,much fuller and meatier mids and wonderful bass depth and decay.The sigs are in line as both are on the bright/analytical side and se535 shines with them.

Mar 5, 2018 at 1:45 AM Post #3,491 of 4,141
Experimented with Neutron vs Poweramp. Impressions are:

Poweramp: thicker, fuller, less detailed. Warmer sounding. Amazing user interface, lots of sound options grabs artwork well. Grabs SD files amazingly well.
Neutron: thinner, leaner, more detailed. Lots of tech options, unfriendly user interface, grabs/recognizes artwork not well. Does not grab SD files well - clunky to do so.

I'll probably be using Neutron more often, because I like the sound, but UI is still second tier.

Mar 5, 2018 at 2:27 AM Post #3,492 of 4,141
Mar 5, 2018 at 2:45 PM Post #3,493 of 4,141

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2018 at 6:20 PM Post #3,495 of 4,141
I was gonna tell you to use UAPP w/ your Geek Outs. Erased that statement because I forgot that the V20 needs extra power to work. Like GO1K.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back